Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for concept artists
10-05-2007, 12:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Wolvman
Any chance this thread could get updated? I have no clue what is done, being worked on, or what needs to be done.

There's not much to say Confusedhrug:

The "Imperial Houses" are still an open request. "Item Synthesis Machine" too, I guess. We just don't need that much concept art, given that we draw inspiration from TES3.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-13-2008, 05:29 PM,

Ehm, aren't the imperial houses done by Infamousborlaug now? And I have no clue what the "item synthesis machine" is/was in Morrowind. Was it even a part of Morrowind?

I can draw an imperial house if InfamousBorlaug's house wasn't complete enough... Only, I hope it's not a problem if I use no colors (don't like using them and I'm colorblind).
[Image: 2copy.jpg]
"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"
04-16-2008, 09:05 AM,

Razorwing, i know im reopening older threads on my first posts on here, but its very exciting to possibly have an influence on one of the best mods for TES4.

Anyway, please can you update on this. Just a list of concept art currently required. Im actually a professional pencil artist and that skill was once twisted to design a kit-car and now I would hope to use it here.

I am hoping you may have more requests by now, think anything and write a list, I know i would love to contribute in this way and im sure many others still have imagination to be tapped into too.

Keys, doors, pillars, shrines, houses, Arkonian residences, clothing, armour, great trees (live-in-able), creatures, more ambient harmless woodland creatures, anything...
Big Grin
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-23-2008, 09:01 AM,

Ok, I am currently scripting a Synthesis Machine for Dumac City, its been put off for a while. Anyway I need someone to come up with concept art for this, its a fixed machine, cannot be moved.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-23-2008, 10:31 PM,

Rickious: Sorry, I didn't catch your post back when you made it. I'm glad everything turned out alright anyway Smile

The Silgrad Tower team has never really had a direct need for concept art because the visuals of our mod is mostly based on the visuals from the old game, just technically better (more polys and more hi-res textures). At the same time there always is a need, just not a direct one - a need that is more loosely defined and requires a good deal of imagination on the part of the concept artist. I know you have both a sharp creative mind and artistic skill, so I won't pass up the chance to pitch new concept art. First on my list would be the synthesis machine InsanitySorrow mentioned though, so if you're interested then please go ahead and create the design for it ahead of any of my pitches Smile

Oki then, here is what I've been thinking of.

1. Medieval houses. There's been some concept art created, further up, but it didn't pan out because it looked intrinsically nice - but more fantasy than medieval. I researched it myself, spending hours in the local library - but to no avail. The best concept art I could find there was actually in comic books Big Grin Sadly those concepts had very little detail. I found some rather good reference drawings on the net and I've made a few pieces of what could become a modular exterior tileset, but I wouldn't mind starting over from scratch and I would probably do that in either case because it didn't turn out as well as it should have.

Ideally I think the medieval houses should have a German influence to them, to tie in with the name of the town where they'll primarily be used, i.e. Reich Parkeep. They may ultimately be used more widely than that but that won't be determined until the models are finished. When I say German infleunces I don't necessarily mean they should borrow design elements from actual medieval German houses; it might be better if they borrowed design elements that might make the viewer think of medieval Germany. Or in other words, whichever you think would be best.

The concepts won't have to take into account that the models might be made up of a modular exterior tileset because it can go either way, either a tileset or single models. It depends on what would work best with the design you would create. I think I would need two house types to create the models; more would be great of course, but I should be able to use the two house types as guidance for creating additional house types beyond the first two.

The houses should preferrably be overloaded with details because I'm aiming to make them very hi-poly, though naturally the details - such as a window - could be drawn undetailed on the house concept and more detailed in a separate sketch.

2. It's kinda restrictive to mod a Redoran town that adheres to the style Redoran towns had in Morrowind because they didn't have much variety - and they didn't need it either because they were relatively small, while Soluthis is much larger. What can we create and place in the city exterior (many times over) that didn't exist in TES3 but whose design still matches that of TES3's Redoran towns? One suggestion that comes to mind that I think is both missing and should logically be placed over and over is wells. Could you design both a Redoran and Hlaalu well?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-23-2008, 10:48 PM,

Razorwing, all sounds good, have made a page title for each and will get on to them!

Have made a start of the medieval houses thread >>HERE<<
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
05-05-2008, 11:00 PM,

Razor and all... I have a thread for each of the above in concept art...

>>Wells<<
>>Synthesis Machine<<
>>Medieval House styles<<

check em out.

Wells- i will model some myself ASAP.
Houses- Need more opinions and let me know if you need more.
Synthesis Machine- Have started modelling this myself based on my concept. Should be able to put renders of the early WIP within 24hrs.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
09-24-2008, 10:58 PM,

I'd like to request concept art of an upperclass Dunmer drawer. You know, the kind of container I'm sure everyone has in their home and put their clothes in. There was a lowerclass drawer in Morrowind, which I remodelled, but in that game upperclass Dunmer just used the Imperial model (if memory serves me right). We could really use an upperclass one, and I'd be happy to model it - but as usual my imagination isn't what it used to be.

The drawers should be made out of fine wood material and have a fair share of elaborate borders. It should probably have soft curves.
Angel mired in filth
07-10-2009, 06:36 PM,

Hello from Russia!!
I have some digital art skills, work in zBrush and in max/maya lil bit and im really interested in ES modding:

[Image: 46183866_1247246425_htfh.jpg]

but i have no idea how i can help the Silgrad ???
im new to the community and confused) maybe i could do some concepts, or designs, textures or somth? Smile
my latest pics: http://ceephax.deviantart.com/

thanks a lot!
07-10-2009, 08:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ceephax
Hello from Russia!!
I have some digital art skills, work in zBrush and in max/maya lil bit and I'm really interested in ES modding:

http://img1.liveinternet.ru/images/attac...5_htfh.jpg

but I have no idea how I can help the Silgrad ???
I'm new to the community and confused) maybe I could do some concepts, or designs, textures or somth? Smile
my latest pics: http://ceephax.deviantart.com/

thanks a lot!

Hi Ceephax, I'm glad to see you here! Smile

You mentioned you worked in Max and Maya. Would you see yourself as primarily a concept artist, or primarily as a modeller? Either case would apply to the job of making a gargantuan Hlaalu bridge, because it needs to be both designed and modelled. Would you be interested in making concept art and/or model for it?
Angel mired in filth