Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for modellers
06-05-2008, 12:49 AM,

Yes, that's the one! Do you mean to say that the face alters with age but the body doesn't and that there is therefore no scope to make body alterations using such a quick and easy method? And this is what makes it necessary to 'design a whole new race'?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-05-2008, 09:50 AM,

Yes, that's exactly it.
06-05-2008, 08:40 PM,

Thanks for clearing that up for me :goodjob:

I just spoke to Django and he seems interested in helping out here.

Actually, considering what you said earlier about the ceremonial necklace pulsating and changing colour, do you know of anyone who has successfully created a 'pulsation effect' on anything? The reason I ask is that the idea potentially has multiple uses. For example, what if it were possible to tear out the hearts of rival vampires in our present ST-based vampire clan (can't remember the exact clan name)?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-05-2008, 09:56 PM,

A pulsating texture wouldn't be too tricky to do. I could probably whip something up if necessary.

As for removing hearts; check out Vanilla Vampires Revised by StarX, it's a mod I had the pleasure of contributing to, it has some quite innovotive stuff, heart rips included. Unfortunately StarX's life got pretty busy after the most recent release, I tried contacting him recently but his PM inbox was full.

For pulsating hearts you'd want an animated mesh as opposed to an animated texture. I'm not sure what your idea for implementation would be, but I think that it's possible to apply animations to items. You could have the hearts as a misc. item that you could carry around, much like any other item. You could decorate your house with beating hearts. Wink

I might look into trying the ceremonial necklace at some point if no one picks it up. I'd like to get the Kwama Forager done first though.
06-05-2008, 10:16 PM,

I have no real use for it. It's just that it's too cool to leave undone if it proves easy to do. A use would be found eventually. It would be worth building up the situation a little to lead towards an effect like that.

That would be great :goodjob: . By all means though, the Kwama Forager is a priority.
07-26-2008, 11:01 PM,

You can animate the items worn by actors but there are some limitaions. Skinned meshs will not play flipping textures, actually I think any controllers (might just controllermanagers, Im hazey, never tried doing this on skinned meshes) in a nif are superceded by the actors current animation. But it should probably work if you do not rig it and use only a prn extradatanode to attach the item to a single bone. Which can work for a amulet pretty well.
AM NOT A TEXTURER
07-27-2008, 11:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ghogiel
You can animate the items worn by actors but there are some limitaions. Skinned meshs will not play flipping textures, actually I think any controllers (might just controllermanagers, I'm hazey, never tried doing this on skinned meshes) in a nif are superceded by the actors current animation. But it should probably work if you do not rig it and use only a prn extradatanode to attach the item to a single bone. Which can work for a amulet pretty well.
That was the plan. I think a Material Colour Controller would probably work best for this sort of thing.
07-28-2008, 06:50 AM,
RE: Open jobs for modellers
I was looking at the Lights, candles, etc. page. Is this up to date? I may be able to do some of them if they are still needed. Please let me know.

Thanks.
07-28-2008, 07:00 AM,
RE: Open jobs for modellers
Quote:Originally posted by ShadowDancer
I was looking at the Lights, candles, etc. page. Is this up to date? I may be able to do some of them if they are still needed. Please let me know.

Thanks.

The list is accurate, Ghogiel was the last person to create light objects. If you'd like to make a few I'm sure we could put them to good use Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-02-2008, 10:02 AM,
Development Suggestions
Here are a few suggestions that came from a thoughtful period after visiting a Surrealism exhibition at my local gallery. They are not vital but I thought they might improve the general look and feel of the mod:

Horse Skull Helmets

As a possible enemy for my Steadhelm area, I considered how the enemy might look and thought about something similar to an old adversary I remember from a very old British TV programme (Robin of Sherwood). They wore helmets that resembled black horse skulls and looked especially threatening. Most of the first shots are concept ideas for such a thing.

Rock Creature

Considering how to make the player jump a bit more and include more surprise, I thought that we could have a creature that lay dormant until approached close-up (much like some skeletons in dungeons). Moreover, if we camouflage the creature so that it looks just like a landscape feature then the surprise is doubly shocking. Hence, the 'Rock Creature' (see pic).

Redoran Ruin Extension

When modding my landscape, I thought how small the ruin model was in comparison with the magnificent Ayleid stuff from Oblivion. I think we'll seriously struggle to get anything on a par with this but we can nonetheless produce some clever effects that mark them out as quite special. So my last idea is an extension to the Ruins that I have hand-drawn. A larger, overarching porch effect with ribbed walls and a large central opal. The way the opal would work is to either a) produce a reflection effect that acts as a low-res mirror so that when you look up at it you could see yourself (probably extremely hard to do) or b) have the opal coalesce into subtle colours either in perpetual motion or according to the player's perspective.

Finally, I don't know MW well but I added a photo of Endusal with the idea of suggesting outlying buildings/structures. If we could add some of those bulbous towers with maybe four arches at each corner reaching in to the central ruin, in varying states of decay, then we have ourselves a more interesting structure.