Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for modellers
08-02-2008, 12:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Here are a few suggestions that came from a thoughtful period after visiting a Surrealism exhibition at my local gallery. They are not vital but I thought they might improve the general look and feel of the mod:

Horse Skull Helmets

As a possible enemy for my Steadhelm area, I considered how the enemy might look and thought about something similar to an old adversary I remember from a very old British TV programme (Robin of Sherwood). They wore helmets that resembled black horse skulls and looked especially threatening. Most of the first shots are concept ideas for such a thing.
Nice idea, I think I must have seen a re-run of that show at some point as they seem vaguely familiar.
Quote:Rock Creature

Considering how to make the player jump a bit more and include more surprise, I thought that we could have a creature that lay dormant until approached close-up (much like some skeletons in dungeons). Moreover, if we camouflage the creature so that it looks just like a landscape feature then the surprise is doubly shocking. Hence, the 'Rock Creature' (see pic).
Again, a nice idea. I think it would be doable in a similar way to skeletons (the way that when a skeleton is resurrected it pulls itself together, having the rock creature dead until the player gets close would work well).

The problem here is that, as far as I know, I'm the only one working on animating creatures, I already have 4 on my plate amongst other stuff.
Quote:Redoran Ruin Extension

When modding my landscape, I thought how small the ruin model was in comparison with the magnificent Ayleid stuff from Oblivion. I think we'll seriously struggle to get anything on a par with this but we can nonetheless produce some clever effects that mark them out as quite special. So my last idea is an extension to the Ruins that I have hand-drawn. A larger, overarching porch effect with ribbed walls and a large central opal.
Daedric ruins were fairly prevalent in Morrowind, their design puts the ayleid ruins to shame. Hopefully we'll get one soon, Phitt has one that looks incredible from what I've seen, I think it's coming along nicely. Perhaps we could do another trade with him for it, might be worth checking with Razorwing.
Quote:The way the opal would work is to either a) produce a reflection effect that acts as a low-res mirror so that when you look up at it you could see yourself (probably extremely hard to do)
Very difficult to do, I think the best is probably using the enviroment map that's used on several things in Oblivion (glass armour is the most obvious). I think I've seen modded armour's that have hijacked the window reflection effect, of course that only works if the player has window reflections turned, I don't know the extent of it's reflection capabilities.

I think a proper mirror effect is not an option, I don't think Oblivion's engine has the functionality built in.
Quote: or b) have the opal coalesce into subtle colours either in perpetual motion or according to the player's perspective.
Having colours change in a predetermined sequence is possible, it has to be one by animation.
Quote:Finally, I don't know MW well but I added a photo of Endusal with the idea of suggesting outlying buildings/structures. If we could add some of those bulbous towers with maybe four arches at each corner reaching in to the central ruin, in varying states of decay, then we have ourselves a more interesting structure.
I think we do have a dwemer tileset, though I was under the impression that Dumac was the only dwemer ruin in our landmass.

Just my thoughts,
Nick
08-02-2008, 01:31 PM,

I thought that helmet idea would be quite popular...likewise, I'd love to see the rock creatures but I know very well how much you've got on your plate...we could do with another member like you as stuff like this is valuable....Again, I never really know what I'm talking about when the subject of MW is raised because I never played it.

However, this is a picture of my own Redoran (I think) ruin in my Steadhelm area. If I were to take on another claim for this region then I was planning to make a more much more elaborate one. A colour animation should work okay. What do you think of the idea of having a row of half-arches (as in broken off in the middle) with gargoyles on the ends lining a set of steps leading to the entrance?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-02-2008, 06:12 PM,

I'm not sure about gargoyles, it doesn't seem like something that'd be in Morrowind. I think some wierdness should definitely be included, but needs to be subtle (e.g. the material that these arches are made from).
08-05-2008, 05:34 PM,
Tree Sentries
Another relatively far-off idea of mine concerns my earlier idea about the 'star o' death' in the first postings for Section 8 of Steadhelm landscapes: SHRAC08 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Claimed] . I wondered if we had any tree structures which would keep archers permanently stationed in the trees (until shot or fireballed or something). They would basically be tree houses that the PC could not shimmy up nor the enemy escape from with the idea being to ambush the player and trap them into a deadly killing zone.

I'd like to use this in section 5 of the Steadhelm Region claims and was considering doing this next. However, as I doubt a model will become available, I can just as easily move on to section 7 instead....unless, of course, someone has something appropriate available or can create such a tree sentry model quite quickly.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-07-2008, 05:41 AM,
Lights, candles, etc.
I just wanted to check up on the Lights, Candles, etc. Isn't the Light_Torch_01 already done by Razorwing and the Light_sconce10 already done by SACarrow?
09-19-2008, 01:46 AM,
RE: Open jobs for modellers
I'll update the original post soon, but meanwhile I thought I'd post a quick update to mention the changes in the visual claims.

- I believe ShadowDancer has created all remaining Imperial lights now (Ghogiel did some of them prior to that)
- We might be able to borrow Phitt's Daedric Shrine tileset when he's finished with it
- BusterWolF made the ropebridges
- I think the Redoran Arena is unclaimed
- I'll have to research which containers remain to be recreated, since quite a few of the ones listed in the entry are in our mod now.
- I think Tobi is back working on the Imperial Fort set now, so his dev thread isn't outdated anymore Tongue
- Koniption is interested in making a ship for us, perhaps the Dres scuttler.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-19-2008, 03:25 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
.......- BusterWolF made the ropebridges.......- Koniption is interested in making a ship for us, perhaps the Dres scuttler.

Lots of great news here, RW. Thanks for the update. I just wanted to say thanks to BusterWolf for such a great job on the rope bridges. I've used the model myself and just love it. Meanwhile, I'm absolutely delighted that Koniption is interested in the ships. This was exactly what I was going to enquire about. Perhaps she'd like to pop over to 'Black Marsh' where the team did rather a good job of some house-boats. Perhaps the modeller will have a few tips for her to help her on her way.
09-20-2008, 01:31 PM,

Smile i love you guys.... really, you enlighten my modeling talent... thanks and, no problem. i am currently making another style of rope bridge, it will be due soon. I keep forgetting about it. I will update my thread on it asap with my new designs and perspectives on it. thanks agian isben for aknowledging me.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
03-18-2009, 05:38 PM,
I updated the list again.
The ropebridge is completed;
Looks like Tobi is finishing the Imperial Fort set;
And I added a few more jobs.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-25-2009, 02:57 PM,
the link to the mud cave tile set reference files is invalid..