Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pirates of the Carribbean III
06-04-2007, 03:12 AM,
Pirates of the Carribbean III
Well, I finally saw the third installment of my favorite movies ever, and it was AWESOME!!!!!

Anyone else see it?

Personally I think Elizabeth looks pretty sexy in her Asian outfit Big Grin

Pirates 3 Trailer

Also, if anyone knows how to show YouTube videos right in the posts, let me know.
Lol what?
06-04-2007, 10:41 AM,

definite improvement on the second one. I liked how convoluted the plot was, and Jack's many alter-egos where brilliant. Anyone else laugh when he started to snuggle up to that goat?

It was however far from perfect in my opinion:

Problems: Calypso, I felt her role as an all powerful god of the sea was really not taken advantage of in that final battle.
Also, it almost suffered from having too many good actors as well Tongue

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
06-04-2007, 10:54 AM,

Naah, I'd rather pirate the film from one of those torrent sites (realizes that he angered the internet gods and is struck down by lightning :applause: )
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
06-04-2007, 12:13 PM,

Yeah, Calypso is an all powerful sea godess, but this was her role throughout the movies

Pirates II: Told them about Davy (Davey?) Jones and brought Barbosa back

Pirates III: Threatened to kill Barbosa, talked with Davy Jones, and then she turned into a giant where she then collapsed into thousands of crabs, and merely provided the setting for the final battle.

Then people say "She made the giant whirlpool because she wanted to kill them all" but theres the thing, it didn't kill anyone. She could have utterly destroyed everything if she wanted, but she didn't.

I think the character's personalities all changed in the third one. In Pirates II, Davy was a terrible monster of the sea, but in Pirates III he was weak, being ordered around by British soldiers, and they even showed him crying. Pirates II, Calypso was happy and joked around, but in Pirates III she looked like she was about to cry the whole time.

I also love how Keith Richards, who played Jack's dad, got to play guitar. Kinda funny since he is the guitarist for the Rolling Stones
Lol what?
06-04-2007, 12:53 PM,

Good movie. Now give me more! X(

I could go on about the pros and cons of the movie, but overall, it was very good. :yes:
06-04-2007, 01:22 PM,

Good movie, I prefered her first outfit when she first meets that guy from Singapore Tongue There will be a 4th movie about Jack and the Well of Ethernal Youth Wink Just not with Orlando Bloom and proberbly neither with Keira Knightly but Johnney Depp says he happily plays Jack again Big Grin
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
06-04-2007, 03:58 PM,

Ummm, I thought the movie was terrible. I couldn't stop laughing during it-- I mean, that wedding on the ship during the battle? that was perhaps the cheesiest piece of plot ever. I also thought it was ridiculuous how they were talking about "a pirate code" and all that jazz. I mean, it seemed cool in the first one where it was just kind of a "guideline", but where they had a pirate king and what not, that was just dumb, pirates never had a king. Furthermore all the back-stabbing that was happening got really annoying, it was just like whatever by the end. The final fight was also dragged out way to far, Jack swung around the dutchman kicking random fish pirates like 20 times (the girls that went with me actually fell asleep in the end :p).

I'll admit though that the acting for Jack and Barbarosa was great, but it still wasn't enough to save the movie.

This guy here has a great review of Pirates II, and much of it still applies to Pirates III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN9qboGS5ik
06-04-2007, 04:09 PM,

I still think the first was the best. I heard reviews about number 3 saying it wasn't very good, but I suppose it's personal taste really. I just hope it's not as far-fetched as the second...
06-04-2007, 06:42 PM,

I remember Davy Jones saying "Dor ya fel DETH!" like a million times
06-05-2007, 02:20 AM,

Dor ya fel DETH? What's that?
Lol what?