Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Quest] Joining the Morag Tong
06-26-2008, 04:50 PM,

Do you want the bandit to pull the lever when he is in combat or when he got about 50-40 % health? The whole thing can be simplified by using conditions like GetActorValue Health and then bandits Ambush package will run. This is also worth a try. I think we discussed about the alarming, 50 % health and then alarming?
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
06-26-2008, 05:16 PM,

The problem with getAV health, is that it doesn't use a percent, and because the bandits are leveled, 50% health could mean anything from 6 health to 60 health.

I actually think i may have gotten it to work. Just had to set a radius on the Ambush package, and re-load an earlier save point.

As it turns out, if an actor is running a package in one savegame, he'll keep running it if you re-load that same savepoint, even if the ESP has been modified to take the package away.

My next problem is that the bandits are damn stupid in combat sometimes... half the time they just stand there swinging blindly, until you run up to them and start hitting them. Then, they won't chase you if you run away.

I'm going to put in default Bethesda bandits to test what this could be.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
07-22-2008, 12:18 AM,

Alright guys, i'm just about done with this one. I'm the finish line, gushing blood from numerous battles with scripting and AI. I've played through the quest partially about 30 times, and i'm just about to start having it playtested.

I've already got one guy, but if anybody else wants to play through it and pick it apart, just tell me and i'll PM the .esp with instructions. Then it can be merged, marking the first Morag Tong quest in a long long line to be produced.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-22-2008, 05:47 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
I've already got one guy, but if anybody else wants to play through it and pick it apart, just tell me and i'll PM the .esp with instructions. Then it can be merged, marking the first Morag Tong quest in a long long line to be produced.

I'll give it a shot Seniosh. Sounds like its an interesting quest.
07-22-2008, 02:06 PM,

CONGRATS :goodjob:

This is good news Seniosh thanks for the hardwork and dedication !!!!

I hope someday to get to play this :yes:

Thanks for jumping in with both feet ShadowDancer .... have fun "testing"

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-22-2008, 03:04 PM,

Thanks for the offer Shadowdancer, i'll send a PM with the relevant info.

And believe me, there will be testing in this. It's got a lot of scripting/AI monkeying, mostly because of the bonus.

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to have bandits convincingly trip an alarm.

Also, the doors are finicky - sometimes you need to use "activate player" from the console in order to use them X( that has nothing to do with my .esp, just a fact of life right now.

Anyways, now the real creative work has to start - WRITS! I've got the main quest planned out in it's entirety, but no writs yet. I'll make an announcement about it, but long story short, anybody who has a really good, solid, doable writ idea, please post it!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
07-23-2008, 08:34 AM,

Writs, huh? What are they? One of the things I teach in real life is narrative so if there is something writing-wise you want doing then I'm happy to help out...unless writs is some kind of scripting thing... :eek: yikes!

Anyway, let me know when you're ready to voice act this.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-23-2008, 11:35 AM,

Writs are government sanctioned execution orders, one is given to the assassin to allow him to freely execute the the target without legal repercussions.

I think Seniosh wants ideas for the assassinations. Who to be assassinated, different ways to achieve it .etc.
07-23-2008, 11:51 AM,

Now we understand the need for npc backgrounds

If we have backgrounds unique to various np'c and make them as creative as we can, we have opportunities for some well reasoned
writs

Morrowind did not do this well, most times you really did not know why you were killing someone. This is acceptable for lower ranking members, they do not need to know they just do. Higher ranking members have a privilage of knowing the why, though the player can not give out writs, the player as a higher ranking member would have the athority to give a writ to a lower ranking memeber. Having the Player know the why would give the gameplay a more realsitic feel.

SO I think we need to select some NPC's to be executed and come
up with some reasons why

NOW

If we can (which we can do anything) write into the game a few smaller writs that are asked of the player once the player reaches a higher rank, and through dialogue or message give the player the option to perfrom the writ or give it to a subordinate, if the player gives it to the subordinate after a day or two the player will get a message that the writ has been exectuted and receive some money as his/her portion of the payment

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-24-2008, 11:48 PM,

Well, after playing through it, it seemed to work fine Seniosh. I didn't have any door troubles at all. Its a difficult one and I don't think that anyone is going to be able to do it successfully the first time through without reloading and be able get the bonus without the use of spells and/or potions unless they have a pretty good sneak skill. It can be done without them, but it takes time and a lot of reloading.