Possibly the offspring of an incest relationship with sister Mephala

only 10,145 to go?
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-28-2006, 03:07 AM,

no I have not considered that...

I have always considered that Dreugh to be children of Nirn, aboriginal and native creatures of the seas around Tamriel. They must've fallen into Molag Bal worship early on since Chimer and eventually Dunmer see Molag Bal as the father of Dreugh.
I DO however see them as a race that was very powerful but also was influenced by Daedra especially Molag Bal... why they fought the Chimer long ago in legends and apparently the Chimer's main god was Boethiah... arch-enemy of Molag Bal... too big to be a coincidence eh?
07-31-2006, 10:18 PM,

OK

Confusion leaveth me not ?( ?(

Not disputing your knowledge at all

just trying to grasp the concept

Going way back in time (the wayback machine)

According to the Creation theory: Ehlnofey (mer and men) and the Hist were the only creatures/beings on the planet
Through the course of time we know that the Ehlnofey
evolved into many different races

So when you say you consider them to be "native" creatures of the sea
Are you implying that the Dreugh are one of the races of "Old" Ehlnofey
(the original 12) ????

08-01-2006, 01:42 AM,

IF that myth of the 12 Ehlnofeys is true... then yeah I think so...
I mean who is telling to the story? Aldmer... and what did they know of the sea? very little...
they had seen some Hist... and knew beast-folk were evolving...

but I think Dreugh are very ancient... if they did not develope soon after the Nirn-making then they were before when there were 12 worlds

who knows maybe they came from strong sea-loving et'ada and had a connection with Molag Bal... when they became semi-mundane sea-creatures after mortal-izing and "degenerating" in mortals.. they worshipped Molag Bal... Confusedhrug:
08-01-2006, 02:14 AM,

True the 12 world theory is only 1 theory

To me its sounds more realistic than any of the others but thats me
and would also fit into what your theories are with the dreugh

It would make sense since the Ehlnofey are of the 12 worlds into 1, one of those world could have easily been full of advanced sea life.

You see time and time again that they are called the "Aldmer of the Sea" to me this implies that they are 1 of 11 original races + the Hist

sound reasonable?

btw we can count this as question 3 only 10,143 more :banana:

Big Grin
Thanks
Bob

08-02-2006, 04:21 AM,

okay... next question?
08-02-2006, 05:16 AM,

Well I think were kinda along the same lines here
Your ES lore discussion touches on the 12 world theory as well

The only difference being is you are suggesting that on one of the 12 worlds another race evolved (the Dreugh) along with the Old Ehlnofey and made it to Nirn with them

My suggestion being that the Dreugh are one of the Old Ehlnofey

We both agree they were "seduced" (a loose term) by Molag Bal and Worshipped him/her.

This " seduction" I believe came upon them why they were still in their original form (whatever that is) prior to Nirn (possibly as land creatures)

If they are infact a seperate race evolving alongside the Ehlnofey Then why would they be called the "Aldmer of the Sea"
Physical likeness? or simply it refers to they are ancient?

08-02-2006, 02:25 PM,

Aldmer of the sea...

[1] the Aldmer was a time and race... mostly this was when the Mer were ALL Aldmer... but eventually they separated into Bosmer, Altmer, Falmer, Chimer, Dwemer, Maormer etc. The Aldmer when they first came about were very powerful and were able to (with some diffifculty obviously) displace the beast-folk and carve out lands for themselves.
[2] the Aldmer were not only powerful but an very ancient thing...

however I don't think it was Aldmer but I thought it was Altmer right??? ?(

"Altmer of the Sea" is used by Vivec and Dunmer to describe the Dreugh... now consider a few things will you...
1. the Chimer hated the Altmer as profane and lavish and heretical but powerful people
2. the Dreugh were once powerful and could be considered profance and also were ancient

so the referrence to them as Altmer of the Sea was a way to not only ridicule them but also ridicule the Altmer, and the connection came with the fact that at some time both were great is magic as well as very powerful...
and skilled in magic I refering to the more 'profane' or what the Chimer would consider profane
08-02-2006, 05:06 PM,

Yes you are correct, my mistake it is Altmer nor Aldmer

This reference used by Vivec and the Chimer(Dunmer) is more of an insult to the Altmer race

I havent read much on this subject so I will put that aside for now and ask another question

Communication theory: How? telepathy?
have you thought of racial names ?
Artifacts?

thats 3 questions in 1 only 10,139 to go Smile

thanks
Bob

08-03-2006, 01:20 AM,

I think they would communicate by talking...
maybe masters of water-magics would talk to the waves and send a current out to someone and when that fast current reaches the Dreugh he/she can hear the message... but that is like super-advanced stuff...
something the "Stiha Sil" or the "Dagoth Ur" of Dreugh civilization could do... a super-powerful magician...

as for racial names... not a clue yet...
howeverI think I can tell why they are called Dreugh... listen to them in TES3.... underwater.... they make a ' dkrooooh ' spund don't they? hahaha :lmao:

as for artifacts... dunno yet...

see a lot is hypothesis and speculation and theories that are semi provable... though I know I know a lot about them I know only so much and I doubt Bethesda has explored them much...
however I am planning a TES4 mod with them...