Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0440 [Old discussion RideWithTheWind]
06-17-2009, 12:10 AM,

Hi, I'd like to take this one please. I don't know a thing about interior claims but I guess it's never too late to learn.

I have the construction set version 1.2.404 and the latest esm from the source, is there anything else I need, like a bsa or something?
06-17-2009, 12:13 AM,

Ahem... I was logged under my brother's account so please consider the previous message as mine.
06-17-2009, 01:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by RideWithTheWind
Hi, I'd like to take this one please. I don't know a thing about interior claims but I guess it's never too late to learn.

I have the construction set version 1.2.404 and the latest esm from the source, is there anything else I need, like a bsa or something?

Welcome back, it's great to see you in the team again =)

Yup, you need our BSA archives. I PM'd the link to you just now.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-17-2009, 02:06 AM,

Thanks Razorwing Smile
06-18-2009, 02:00 AM,

Downloading the bsa took ages because of my slow connection but now I'm ready for action!

So, first surprise, textures\ST\WoodOldScarred01.dds seems to be missing from SilgradTower.bsa. I worked on that texture with Sandor some times ago so I think somebody forgot to add it afterwards. I do not have the texture on my computer anymore, could anyone send it to me?

I haven't downloaded the other archives yet (lod.bsa and sounds.bsa), maybe the texture is in there?

[Image: oblivion200906180259439.th.png]

...kinda hard to make decoration choices with such a pink background Big Grin
06-18-2009, 07:59 AM,

...so I think somebody forgot to add it afterwards. I do not have the texture on my computer anymore, could anyone send it to me?
DL the fix below.

Quote:Originally written by Razorwing
Nautilus discovered that the wood texture used in Hlaalu interiors is missing from the BSA archive. (Or rather, it's supposed to be missing and I instead forgot to delete it locally and update the texture links in the nifs.)

Please -download this archive- and extract it to your Oblivion\Data folder, and the problem should go away.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-19-2009, 09:22 AM,

Thank you Sandor.

I have another problem though... Each time I try to generate the pathgrid I crash back to the desktop.

Any idea of what might be causing this?
06-19-2009, 10:20 AM,

I have another problem though... Each time I try to generate the pathgrid I crash back to the desktop.

Any idea of what might be causing this?
PG's can't be generated for interiors cells, they have to be hand placed.

The only problem I ever saw with PG's was that we couldn't edit existing interior PG's because of a Gecko merging bug (fixed).

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-19-2009, 10:52 AM,

Great, thanks.

Btw, after reading the claim description again I realised I was using too much lower/middle class objects instead of upper class as requested. But now that I'm fixing this, it seems that the facecount is increasing dangerously, because the objects are more detailed.

So I checked some oblivion cells and it seems that the average facecount for a 2 floor family house is more around 250k than 150k (I just checked a couple of cells and rare are the ones with less than 200k, you even find some with more than 350k). And the game was released 5 years ago.

I'll try to stick with the rule of 150k but coud you explain the reason of such a limitation?
06-19-2009, 01:14 PM,

I used the face count for two reasons.
To avoid lag and to ensure that a modder added enough objects (modded content).

It's not the same for every interior, it also depends on the size.
Further the meshes have been optimized so the average face counts of the past aren't accurate anymore.

In this case you could go up to 200-250k.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD