Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steward of the Forgotten Forest (old discussion)
02-07-2007, 11:14 PM,

Rw.Edit: This is the initial discussion from the thread Steward of the Forgotten Forest, leading up to the point where Harikari expressed his wish to pick up the claim (which was subsequently granted by the ST core)

black[/HR]

The Forgotten Forest is just too cool !!

Anyways, theirs also a Daedric Shrine located in the forest, its called Sheikizza's Shrine, I don't remember anything particularly associated with it, but its their if, whom ever decides to Steward this Forest would like to introcude it into TES4 I can give some background info.

Also: With great hope, if it is decided to include the University of Silgrad and the Cerro Vampires into TES4 then part of the Forgotten Forest will need to be alotted for the school since we have added it to TES3 and it is located at the SouthEastern Edge of the forest were the Swampy area of Deepen Moors intersects

Enjoy
BOb
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-08-2007, 12:21 AM,

Ooh this looks like a fun one. Whoever does this had better do a brilliant job of it. I'd volunteer, but i fear that would be biting off a bit much. I'm still a bit of a noob, and i've gotta figure out my mine. I half hope this is still open in a month or so
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-08-2007, 12:54 AM,

I would try to do this, if I had the time...
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
02-08-2007, 01:07 PM,

I HAVE TIME! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!

Ebbedin will be done soon, I can handle this. I've already got the trees planned out in my head right now. In fact, I can already envision the entire forest. So, what do you say?

(Is it just me or have I been attracted to all of these dark places? I'm not evil or anything, am I?)
Lol what?
02-08-2007, 01:19 PM,

Very dark look, definintly spooky. Is it going to be dark even in the day? Like would there be a possibility of using negative lighting to keep it a specific darkness?
"In brotherhood, the failure of one be the failure of all"
02-08-2007, 02:46 PM,

IAMTHEEMPEROR: Your enthusiasm alone convinces me with ease that you would do very well as the region steward of the Forgotten Forest, so the job is yours :check: =)

I read in your other post that you had an interest in doing Ashunor Valley too. But since you said you felt attracted to dark places in the post above, FF seemed to fit your taste better. Good luck and have fun! :goodjob:

bob196045: Those are good tips! Yes please do provide the information you have on Sheikizza's Shrine Smile I've heard it mentioned now and then on the old forum, but I don't think I ever checked it out.

The university would be a really cool idea to include, but I'll defer to sandor as the person responsible for Silgrad Tower (the city) whether he feels it should be located within the walls or in the Forgotten Forest. The way the regions are situated changed a bit in the Oblivion mod and I hazard to guess that the university, if situated on the edge of the forest, would be quite a long way from the city. On the other hand I believe there's a lot of space for the city to take up, and the university could most likely be included within the walls. But I'm not 100% on anything of what I said, hence I would defer to him to decide.

In either case would you be able to provide a description (design guide) of the University, to aid an Oblivion modder in creating it? TIA.

Isildur_Diren: Yes I always thought that would be a good idea for the Forgotten Forest, albeit I was thinking in Morrowind terms when I thought of it. I used darklights on several occasions in the jobs I modded for Silgrad Tower back in those days, and the effect was rather cool. I don't know if it works on the Oblivion platform, but the "Negative" checkbox on the data sheet for lights seem to suggest so.

Heavy vertex shading on the ground helps too. It doesn't really make it darker, but it helps the player think so.

Seniosh: There'll be plenty of interesting jobs opening up in the near future, I hope. Perhaps you'll find one that you feel would be a better match in terms of commitment and free time. So, please take your time on the mine and make it as great as you can, and I can pretty much guarantee there'll be something cool to do afterwards Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-08-2007, 02:56 PM,

Awesome! Yeah I've used negative lighting on the exterior before and it worked, only it was a city exterior so I dunno if there is a difference in small world lighting compared to parent world lighting.
"In brotherhood, the failure of one be the failure of all"
02-08-2007, 02:59 PM,

Congrats IATE May your Stewardship be long and prosperous !!!

:worship:

Thanks RW: I will provide all info we have to our new Steward as needed.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-08-2007, 03:12 PM,

Thanks Bob!

Quote:Originally posted by Isildur_Diren
Awesome! Yeah I've used negative lighting on the exterior before and it worked, only it was a city exterior so I dunno if there is a difference in small world lighting compared to parent world lighting.

I don't know either, but my gut feeling says it makes sense that lights tell the game how to modify the ambient light within their radius - or something along those lines. If that's true then darklights just affect it the opposite direction to what normal lights do.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-08-2007, 05:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

The university would be a really cool idea to include, but I'll defer to sandor as the person responsible for Silgrad Tower (the city) whether he feels it should be located within the walls or in the Forgotten Forest. The way the regions are situated changed a bit in the Oblivion mod and I hazard to guess that the university, if situated on the edge of the forest, would be quite a long way from the city. On the other hand I believe there's a lot of space for the city to take up, and the university could most likely be included within the walls. But I'm not 100% on anything of what I said, hence I would defer to him to decide.

In either case would you be able to provide a description (design guide) of the University, to aid an Oblivion modder in creating it? TIA.
I would like to see the university in the city or just outside the walls.
bob196045, as Razorwing said a description would be very welcome. Smile

EDIT
I almost forgot.
IATE congratulations and have fun! Smile

By the way I am looking forward to the new Ebbedin.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD