Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steward of the Forgotten Forest (old discussion)
02-24-2007, 02:32 AM,

Sorry, no one jinxed anything, I was just in over my head. I forgot just how hard creating a region is. Hate to think if I received Ashunor like I was originally intending as well what it would be like.
Lol what?
02-24-2007, 05:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Sorry, no one jinxed anything, I was just in over my head. I forgot just how hard creating a region is. Hate to think if I received Ashunor like I was originally intending as well what it would be like.

Well it happens and its easy to do

Just Enjoy Smile

Even if its not anything big I mean just being able to pick up a rock or a tree branch is completely doable, it will go into inventory and you just lay it down somewhere else. As long as you have created it in such a way.
But of course their should be a limit, their isn't right now, If I made a rock that had a wieght of 1000 lbs and my encumberance was only 500 I could still pick it up but just couldn't move after. That should be changed so that the player can only pick up if the strength was sufficent

I know very little about Havok Physics, but from what I read I think it would only apply if (for example) I wanted to move something physically without picking it up like pushing or rolling a rock over or maybe sliding the top off a wooden crate

Is that the correct interpetation of what were talking about with Havok Phy. ?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-25-2007, 11:58 PM,

Well in oblivion, you can actually grab things and fling them around the environment, which is technically picking them up. That is havok'd. If you have something destructable or loose, and you hit it or smash into it, and it goes flying, that is also havok'd. Unfortunately, crates do not have physics, so the scenario of moving one can't happen in-game.

Also unfortunately, i'm not sure if people've figured out how to create havok collision meshes. That's why if you open any custom weapon in nifskope it will have a strange collision that doesn't fit properly - the mesh is bethesda's, because nobody can do weapons physics (last i heard)

It is a good idea to not even be able to have something in your inventory if it's something like a boulder, but it doesn't even have to be an item. It can just be havok'd. Like the cave roots. And dead bodies, and certain rocks generated by landslides in oblivion.

Maybe TES V will have fully havok'd world, where everything's destructable and moveable. But this all has nothing to do with the FF.

I do not think it is apparant that this position is open. Prehaps the name of this thread should be

[Open] Steward of the Forgotten Forest

That way the first thing you see is "Open" In my opinion, more clear than a name where the open isn't visible unless you hold your mouse over it until the entire thing displays.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-04-2007, 10:34 PM,

I just can not believe that this area has not been taken yet, this is one of the most mysterious areas in all of Silgrad Tower. its got so much potenial !!

I got to get a pc that I can use for OB :|
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-05-2007, 01:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I got to get a pc that I can use for OB :|

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can bud, I think you could do a wonderful job with it Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]