Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEMPLE IDEA: Temple & Dagoth vs. Akaviri invasion?
05-30-2006, 09:03 PM,

Of course this idea of mine is TOTALLY "lore-rape".... SORT OF not really.... but here goes... :lol:

part 1 - setting the scene

TEMPLE
I was hoping that MAYBE that Vivec, knowing all the bad things the Tribunal have done (like a massacre of the 6th House for Dagoth Ur having withheld Kagrenac's Tools from Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil)... so like he is also starting to make friends... I think he wil try to make-up with the dreugh whom he had defeated long ago 1.... and other enemies of the Temple... coming to a settlement with the Four Corners of the House of Troubles and also reforming the Temple
6TH HOUSE
The 6th House part would be profitting, and secretly rebuilding their House, gathering all the orphans and adopted peoples and gathering them all into their House. They would try to make themselves an underground but totally legitimate House, no longer usng telepathic mind-control and war and such, but secrecy and black-market to obtain what they need to make their House (in secret). This does not mean they aren't ready for war, it just means they aren't gonna do it yet, sorta like Ho Chih Minh training Viet Minh in the jungles, but not actually revolting yet. They are poised to use force to take the war-torn and weaker Vvardenfell....

part 2 - the real warring

and then an akaviri invasion forces Vivec to mobilize the Temple for a last stand.... but he needs help, and promises House Dagoth protection on Vvardenfell if they help fight off the akaviri (cause while the 5 Houses fight, the 6th is rebuilding quickly)2 , and they agree to help fight off the Akaviri who have invaded northern Morrowind and swept down into Vvardenfell.
6th House are approached by Vivec who offers a solution... Red Mt. will be 'Temple-lands" like Necrom, etc., but the 6th House can rule the Red Mt. area under Temple name and protection.

They agree, and the two opposite but most zealous groups fight off the Akaviri invasion while the Houses and Helseth helplessly watch and are unable and partially unwilling to help. Dres and Hlaalu are far from the trouble any way so they don't mind THAT much, but they'd be scared shitless....

anyhow the Temple and 6th House will drive off the Akaviri and everyone will be happy and they will concentrate on the rebuilding of Vvardenfell and a new order...
(and in a subtle way, the Temple re-asserts itself as a savior and a promoter of reconciliation and peace, the Dunmer will now see their Temple as good, unlike Helseth who is causing revolution, bringing new religions and promisin gold over honor)

[/hr]

1 Boethiah is the arch-nemesis of Molag Bal. Boethiah is the most influential of the THree Good Daedra, and it has Boethiah who mainly masterminded the Velothi migration and all. The other two kinda helped out. Molag Bal is the god of the Dreugh. So it is very logical that this god who hates the other will influence their races to fight. And they did.
Check it, its my theory on Dreugh in the TES lore forum: link
2 The 6th House has deep connections with Cammona Tong, and the Cammona Tong is like the Mafia in Scicily... during WWI, this mafia supplied the Allies and Italian forces (which didn't do so well) with sulfur ad other valuable war-resources. So the 6th House would also indirectly be albe to rebuild faster due to them being able to gain wealth and resources from being a part of underground suppliers and smuggling; very valuable to warring factions. Regardless of their connections they are rebuilding anyhow.
05-30-2006, 09:23 PM,

There's too little Akaviri lore, and there's too little Dreugh lore. Unfortunately. Let's kidnap TES's lore masterminds.
05-30-2006, 09:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
There's too little Akaviri lore, and there's too little Dreugh lore. Unfortunately. Let's kidnap TES's lore masterminds.
true true.... BUT from what we DO know... the Tribunal fought Akaviri, Vivec fought dreugh... and all the Houses and Temple fought the 6th House... but the Akaviri is an invader and they'd drive them out...

what I am saying is that this would fit into our theme, provided that there was more lore to support it...

but what do you guys think of it as an idea?
05-30-2006, 09:40 PM,

If we had some actual lore on it, it'd be a good idea. But it's unlikely we're going to see any lore about it any time soon.
05-30-2006, 09:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
If we had some actual lore on it, it'd be a good idea. But it's unlikely we're going to see any lore about it any time soon.
a reason to hate Bethesda... they keep a lot of intriguing stuff secret so they can change it later if the game won't fit it X(

by the way, lots of stuff is getting lost on this big thread, I'm gonna separate this...
05-30-2006, 11:05 PM,

dont like itTongue
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
05-30-2006, 11:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
dont like itTongue
yuo are entitled to your opinion, and it IS just an idea Big Grin
05-30-2006, 11:56 PM,

read my thread about minor houses
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
05-31-2006, 12:07 AM,

Alright. I have been quiet for a long time, and the reason is thus: 1) I have been travelling about before settling back at home for three months of summer break, 2) a whole lot of the posts for the last month have been rehashing old topics that we've already covered and where I've already spoken my piece, and 3) I have unfortunately been forced to accept the fact that I will not be able to have an Oblivion-capable computer for several years, meaning that I will instead be returning to Morrowind and learning to mod with that engine. [I love my Mac and I love TES, but Oblivion just isn't worth an extra $1000 in hardware that I don't need for any other reason. Running Windows with Civ4, TESIII, and all my other old games is worth $500 to me, but even that's stretching it a bit; thank God for summer jobs.]

The reason that I bring this up is that I was also thinking about the Akaviri, and I think that a mod involving them would be much better for TESIII than TESIV, namely because the Nereverine is said to have left for that land. Perhaps the Blades learned of a power shift in Akavir and sent him to find out more or to aid a resistance movement and avoid a new invasion. There are a lot of possibilities that perhaps I could explore in the next four to five years as I develop my skills. I'd like to aim for something along those lines anyway.

The other reason that I bring this up is to put forth my other idea of what I could do under TESIII. And that is to create a bridge to TESIV: Vvardenfell. I like the places that our mod plans have gone, and while I do not intend to physically change the cities in TESIII, adding new locations and such, I would really like to set up some of this forum's ideas in a continuation of the TESIII MQ. These would be things such as the mopping-up of the Sixth House, dealing with Helseth's emancipation decree, and the disappearance of Vivec at the hands of the mysterious Astronach Cult (with possible Mythic Dawn connections).

To do this fully, and to enjoy at least four more years playing TESIII, I've decided to try my hand at helping TR's Morrowind project finish the exteriors/interiors for release. (I know that their Silgrad area isn't the same as the ST one, and honestly I think that Razorwing's Reich Parkeep blows their out of the water in design, but the TESIV Vvardenfell isn't an exact clone either, and I think that some suspension of disbelief in switching between the engines isn't too much to ask.) Supposedly the error-ridden Map 1 is very near ready for release, and they've opened up INT claiming for Map 4. That means that when I get my TESIII-capable Macbook (probably in less than a month after my first summer paycheck) I will be doing CS tutorials and such.

And so, to KuKulzA, Batman, Ebony, and the others here, I'd like to wish you a hearty "Good Luck!" I'll still be around, checking in, adding in a helpful word where I see it, and maybe even putting forth an in-depth theory on something or another. However, I will not be able to mod for the project in the foreseeable future, and I wish to give no one the impression that this will change.
05-31-2006, 12:55 AM,

hmmm.... well I like how you tie it in with the 'leading up to' cause otherwise your post would be totally off-topic! Big Grin
well it is too bad, and I see many of the veterans older than you Vrenir walk off and some new people come, not all adapting fast... ahh, this mod team is starting to change, but whatever... I am glad you'll still be around to help out!