Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES4: Vvardenfell sign up!
10-01-2005, 12:47 PM,

Probably a month or two, so everyone can get familiar with the game and the CS, at least thats what I think.
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
10-01-2005, 06:50 PM,

definitely.... absolutely... yeah Big Grin
10-02-2005, 12:53 AM,

You already got me, but i'll post in these forums so you know i'm registered now.
10-02-2005, 12:47 PM,

yep... just wish more people that were interested wouln't be too lazy to check in... it disappoints me... after I all I PMed a lot of people... and also announced it in ESForums....
10-02-2005, 01:19 PM,

Yeh, but you have the more "Dedicated" ones here

Some of the Ones on the ES forums may have just though "Now theres a good idea, and a couple of clicks and I am signed up"

(No offence to anyone)
:y: :a: :c: :o: :b: :y:

Aparantly I have a website, it is suposidly Here

Thanks to silgrad
10-02-2005, 01:27 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
yep... just wish more people that were interested wouln't be too lazy to check in... it disappoints me... after I all I PMed a lot of people... and also announced it in ESForums....

Perhaps you need to structure the project more and get people to start working on it. There's not much point in getting someone to come to the project if you can't "hook" them, i.e. make them interested enough to stay and get involved. There's no single answer that works in all situations, but here are some of my ideas.

1) For your website you guys can write news, progress reports, development ideas, interviews, sketches, plans, ideas *GAAH* (hehe) well you get my drift - add as much as possible to it. People who are interested in the project can then read up on everything that's being planned and has already been done, and that can do a lot for making people interested in the Vvardenfell project.

2) Start a new thread where all towns on Vvardenfell is listed, and let members pick one town each to work on. They'd make a post in that thread, state their claimed town, and then go on to start a new thread regarding the town. The thread they start can deal with anything they like, but some ideas are: concept maps, ideas about what has happened to the NPCs who lived in that town in TES III, quest ideas, ideas for new locations in the town, etc... it'd be up to the one who started that thread, as it'd be a place for them to iron out ideas for what they'll be modding on in 7-8 weeks Big Grin

3) A thread could be started where any member can upload concept art, which is highly useful for 3d modellers. I can only speak for myself but I'm really poor at drawing and have a hard time keeping a design idea in my head long enough for me to model it, so having a sketch to go from makes things a lot easier.

4) Apart from that you could define which 3d models you need, compile a list, and ask members to pick from the list, and then have them submit their work. Finished models could be featured on your team's site.

5) Something which can be done right now, but often gets overlooked, is voice work. One guy could write a script for a quest with X number of characters who are meant to speak the lines, then define how the characters should sound like, and various people could pitch in their efforts on it. We know that Oblivion has great support for audio lines, so incorporating them into mods are much easier this time around. (A real mike is on my wishlist for christmas hehe)

Anyway those are just some ideas that popped into my head. I'd really like to see this project succeed, but it won't without effort. Good luck to all of you!
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-02-2005, 05:34 PM,

I signed up just yet. I couldn't find the topic on the official forums, so that stunted everything a bit.
10-02-2005, 06:24 PM,

Quote:Start a new thread where all towns on Vvardenfell is listed, and let members pick one town each to work on.
We are doing it area by area, so you would need to just start with Bitter Coast towns/villages/Strongholds (No-one has mentioned them yet)

Quote:I'd really like to see this project succeed, but it won't without effort.
And, most inportantly, good managment and planning :yes:
:y: :a: :c: :o: :b: :y:

Aparantly I have a website, it is suposidly Here

Thanks to silgrad
10-03-2005, 12:09 AM,

claim thread is up... took me awhile to write and not give away too many spoilers....
10-03-2005, 02:43 AM,

Id like to be a quest writer....(the storys...not the script cause im on the Xbox)