Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESIV: Atmora, The Frozen Wastelands
12-20-2006, 06:41 PM,
TESIV: Atmora, The Frozen Wastelands
Yes I'm goingto be making Atmora, which is going to be a land that mostly has no creatures, hardly any quests, one section of ground textures (snow, ice, etc) and no Npcs what so ever!!!!!

I'm going to divide the land into four areas (they will have to be islands/contients that are seperated for this to work) and make it so that each one points to the north pole, and has others on the otherside of the world, and when you look from on the other island (each contient will be in a seperate world space, so this illusion will be done via having four differnt mas, for esstianly the same land).

The Islands of the coast of Atmora and Atmoras coast will have Horkers (reused from when they are made with the Skyrim for Oblvion mod) and there will be the odd frost giant around here, with also Frost Giants also existing further into Atmora.

There will probably be ancient fishing villages on a few of these Islands aswell, but Atmora itself is to cold for any race of people to live there.

Quests arr probably not going to exist, unless they are looking for Atifacts, or doing shrine quests for long forgotten gods (lower Daedra, and Daedric gods under differnt names and pantheons).

I have included a (test) map to show how I plan to make it so from most points it seems there is still a north and that atmora goes over it.

It may be posible to script a turning north marker for the central point, but I'm not sure if it will let me do that, and if I do I'll probably have to either do an interior as an exterior or have the central point underground.

I will release a nearly full version of this after Solstheim is released, and being that most of the ground texture is going to be plain snow, there is going to be no trees, hardly any creatures (in the middle of Atmora) it's most likely that even low end users will find that they can turn everything they can up to maxium when playing this :yes:

Cheers,

TOYB
12-20-2006, 06:54 PM,

Wow a flat boring snowy landscape, complete with absolutely nothing of interest... it's going to be fantastic! Wink Seriously though this could be great, but you will need some pretty cool stuff to make it work.

Make sure that there is a Santa Claus type person that lives at Nirn's north pole, then script it so he goes around at christmas giving presents to all the good children in Akavir and Tamriel. That would be cool.

I don't think you can even place a northmarker in an exterior cell at all.
12-20-2006, 06:55 PM,

Nice idea, but why bothering visiting it? :lmao:
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
12-20-2006, 06:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair
Wow a flat boring snowy landscape, complete with absolutely nothing of interest... it's going to be fantastic! Wink Seriously though this could be great, but you will need some pretty cool stuff to make it work.

Make sure that there is a Santa Claus type person that lives at Nirn's north pole, then script it so he goes around at christmas giving presents to all the good children in Akavir and Tamriel. That would be cool.

I don't think you can even place a northmarker in an exterior cell at all.

That's why I said an interior as an exterior, like say for instance skingrads courtyard Wink

But yeah I want to give this as many cool features as possible, to make up for the lack of quests, like the north pole effect. And the Santa thing is something I'm planning for Solstheim (I've been hinting at it for a while, like requesting workshop noises Wink, it'll be Grandfather frost back in his own house, you would of have know your lore to know what I'm referencing Wink).

Edit:

Quote:Nice idea, but why bothering visiting it?

It'll still have quests, but there won't be as much, there will still be dungeons, and great treasure to find, and also there will be all the nice new shiney features like the North pole effect...
12-20-2006, 07:29 PM,

I wasn't serious Tongue But I think it's a very cool idea.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
12-20-2006, 07:44 PM,

So I've been trying to gain some lore, and the only things I can find are:

*Used to have lots of big civil wars, this would most likely leave large ruins in the areas now uninhabitible, large tresure troves, etc.

*Because of climate change the Civil wars would of slowly died down, and now any Nedic (the proper name of the pre-Nords) populations are probably isolated to smal little communitys, revolved mainly around fishing and hunting Horkers, aswell as other creatures like whales, etc.

Edit:Here is a second test map of Atmora. White is land, light blue is Ice and blue is water.

The ice is most likely going to be really big meshs (enite cell size) and then with LOD, this should be okay if the LOD mesh is really low poly and it should also be okay because there won't be any trees or big cities that also use LOD.
12-20-2006, 08:43 PM,

You should have Santa on Atmora, with many presents. He is the ghost of Uncle Sweetshare.....ooooooooo.....

There should be some magical, godly secret hidden right in the north pole if there will be no Santa. it will be hard to get there, as you take damage over time through freezing weather. If you manage to make it, you should be transported away and receive a super magical power or really powerful item.
Lol what?
12-20-2006, 08:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
You should have Santa on Atmora, with many presents. He is the ghost of Uncle Sweetshare.....ooooooooo.....

There should be some magical, godly secret hidden right in the north pole if there will be no Santa. it will be hard to get there, as you take damage over time through freezing weather. If you manage to make it, you should be transported away and receive a super magical power or really powerful item.

There won't be a santa character, that's for Solstheim, something already mentioned in this thread Wink

However something cool at the north pole would be nice, like a ruin or something...
12-20-2006, 09:30 PM,

It's the top of the world, there needs to be something. Something...epic.
Lol what?
12-20-2006, 09:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
It's the top of the world, there needs to be something. Something...epic.

Big evil creature from the dawn of the time, found in the myths of the ancient nedes and other cultures around Atmora, eater of sin and devourer of souls type thing...I'll do some concepts.

TOYB