09-30-2008, 04:33 PM,
Tes V Skyrim 11/11/2011
New rumors about TES5.

Freddo's post (#7) is quite intriguing.

-AnImpatientFan
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-30-2008, 06:02 PM,

Every time the rumours start again, I feel like the clock is ticking for the Beyond Cyrodiil projects... and I wonder which province will be next. I've heard that the smart money is on either Summerset Isles or Skyrim. Unless somebody knows better than me, that is. Anyone?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-30-2008, 06:25 PM,

the moderators dont really know anything for sure, his date seems more like a good estimate based on solid facts.

its Skyrim btw.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
09-30-2008, 08:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
its Skyrim btw.

Really? Is that confirmed, or based on the evidence?

And is this something to do with why the Skyrim forum's been so inactive recently?

09-30-2008, 09:44 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
its Skyrim btw.

Really? Is that confirmed, or based on the evidence?

And is this something to do with why the Skyrim forum's been so inactive recently?

It's based on Bethesda filing a trademark/copyright on the name "Skyrim" amongst other trademarks, though no 'official' confirmation.

And no, the two aren't linked. Mods in the BC often become inactive.
09-30-2008, 11:10 PM,

skyrim trademark, evidence from MK, and previous pattern.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
10-01-2008, 08:32 AM,

I used to scoff at rumors, but was proven wrong one time to many. These days I believe any rumor is true, and leaked by Bethesda to test their audience's reaction. My money's on Skyrim.

A more uncertain bet is if it will be a single-player The Elder Scrolls V, or MMORPG adventure. There sure were a lot of the latter rumors floating about in the past... but nah, I think a MMORPG would be risky business. Bethesda do single-player CRPG's better than anyone in the industry and I can't fathom why they would give up that niche in favor of the much more competetive world of online games.

I really look forward to the next game in the ES series. This time around I hope we can migrate our mod instead of rebuild it Smile I could never have dreamt it would be possible to migrate a TES3 mod to TES4 format, but it is - at least when it comes to the world and object placement. Given that we have 95% of the models we need, object placement migration should be easy since the converted models would have the same geometry, placement, scale, rotation etc. And we've gotten so much work done on our lands that a migration would save a huge amount of work... so much that at least I personally would rather keep working on the Oblivion mod and wait for the perfect port tool than jump ship to the new format. Well, I'd probably be busy converting all them thousands of models and textures for quite awhile anyway he he he Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-01-2008, 08:32 AM,

Plus they did seem to be doing an unusual amount of lore setting and retconning for Skyrim in PGE3, now I come to think about it. All that Lorkhan business was pretty strange...

10-01-2008, 09:16 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Plus they did seem to be doing an unusual amount of lore setting and retconning for Skyrim in PGE3, now I come to think about it. All that Lorkhan business was pretty strange...

And out of the provinces that are left to cover, Skyrim would be one of the easiest to make a good game out of visually in my opinion.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-01-2008, 11:24 AM,

It would certainly make our job easier for a future version of Silgrad Tower, since the two connect directly. Big Grin