Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-27-2007, 08:34 AM,

tes v is probably gonna be summerset, thats a good bet
05-27-2007, 10:50 AM,

Mental Health Warning
The boring didactic analysis:

First off Bethsoft couldn't not be influenced by all the mods. Not just ours. What they see may help them to go in 'our' direction, or in a totally new direction. We have stuff that is good enough for any game. Be proud of your work.

BUT there is the importance of the new engines and their potential, and the new devs that they will hire - remember that once finished with Ob some of the old devs will find new jobs, contracts etc ...

The devs/admin will do (and have done) some concept and preliminary stuff, and put it up to the administration ... who will or not be inspired according to how they see what they have fitting into the market, available engines, budget etc ...

Affecting how that works is that the nature of the next province will decide many of the in-game requirements.

Looking back
- Arena was an :eek: fairly simple game in presentation, but astonished in it's day as it was so extensive and embraced so many cultures etc ...

- Daggerfall had some of the best scary feel of any ES so far. And it boosted the lore content in ways Medeaevil. Natch our Beyond Cyridiil social structure is better developed as our bretons learned from morrowind and Ob Smile

- Morrowind was very different as this was a detail of an alien society interpreted as we see our own ... far more colourful than Arena and Daggerfall. The story might be said to be better than Daggerfall's in many ways and it could be said to have more emphasis on social structure re the Empire and the peoples of Morrowind.

- OB - Cyrodiil revisited - my guess as an Ob non-owner is they seem to have decided that Morrowind was too intellectual, and boosted the hands-on hit me side. For the intellectuals there are clues into it all, but it is presented in such a way that the nube basher can get more excited about the bashing (or stealthing) and ignore the lore ...

Also they have moved away from ES mainstream towards platform in the degree of control in the MQ. To me this is more like the Redguard effort that was a fine presentation, but missed full [potential because it was too 'guided'.

What I would like to see?

The max way for the future:
Create a new Province that operates in 'guided' Ob style with Morrowind social detailing, Daggerfall scariness, and Ob inspired combat and stealth adjusted to the nature of the Province. Maybe even add an age filter to bring in younger people (it's a crime that 5yr olds cannot play ES!)

Then expand with totally open expansions that alter the way the game plays to the Morrwind/Daggerfall gaming style and enable the player to play as per Daggerfall and Morrowind, extending the MQ and adding other factions and detailing some exiting existing factions thereby in the extra MQ and other quests.

Also I want to see more of these in the game: :bananarock: :banana:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-27-2007, 11:50 AM,

I played MW when I was 13 Tongue My little brother started on OB when he was 11 Tongue
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
05-28-2007, 04:21 AM,

Beth changes it's style on it's games to see how much of an audience they create. It seems when Daggerfall came out and true immersive video games started, they developed to include more lore, backgrounds, more extensive stories, and out popped Morrowind. Since Morrowind was left out in many pieces of lore, they started with that because they had more to work with. It was a good game, it had a good storyline, and it had depth. But, overall, the game was plain, which mant players noticed. So, to suit that, they made Oblivion, which is a game that brings more reality and graphics in the game when they had even further next-gen to work with. The reason they picked Cyrodiil was because it is the center of the game's politics, and was a major factor in the gameplay of Morrowind. The players who played Morrowind and got Oblivion say it's not as lore-deep as Morrowind was. My thought as to why this is, is because there was already a good deal of information in Cyrodiil for a while and Morrowind had not been as lore-inclusive until it's game came out. So when Morrowind came out, they invented all the lore for it's history and the lore you witness and do, and it just came at the players all at once. Cyrodiil's lore is ancient, and the players know the stories already which is why there is not as much new lore.

Let's say the next game is in Black Marsh. Not much is known about that province compared to others, and if they release that game it will be a huge lore explosion. But, let's say they pick Skyrim. Skyrim has a good deal of lore, I'd say pretty much the most lore out of the provinces left to be made by Beth. It will not come with as much new lore as other provinces would, especially with the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind which let players experience a small taste of what Skyrim is like in the form of Solstheim. That's just how it works.

Some places have old lore which don't need new lore to answer questions. Some places have no lore and have huge gaps to fill with whatever.

Any questions?
05-28-2007, 05:31 AM,

I think that it would be fun to see another continent of Nirn, not just Tamriel. But I'm not to good at the lore from Morrowind or Oblivion for that matter, as it was some time I played, so I don't know any other continents exept Akaviri. Anyone else that would like that?
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
05-28-2007, 05:49 AM,

They'll finish with Tamriel before they move on to other continents. When tamriel is done, they'll most likely move on to Akavir in 20 or so years, and then probably Pyandonea, Thras, or Yokuda after that