Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Amazing Talents of Mr Siika
10-09-2008, 08:23 PM,
The Amazing Talents of Mr Siika
I noticed that Deeza has alerted the 'Beyond Cyrodiil' teams to the arrival of Viking ships courtesy of Mr Siika's 'better ports' mod and it caused me to browse Mr Siika's list of mods for any further updates.

What amazed me were these two:

1) Prehistoric Animals - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18998

2) Siege Engines - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19686

Both are truly stunning pieces of work! I'm not sure if they fit here but I posted them up here wondering also if the 'Beyond Cyrodiil' teams could use them, and if so, which ones?

If only we could bend Mr Siika's talents to do our warped and evil bidding then we might be able to solve issues to do with new tilesets needed...and various other things....hey, maybe he'd be interested in the other ships that are missing after Koniption has finished her lovely-looking Dres Scuttler...?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-09-2008, 08:30 PM,

hey, Ibsen, do you have to try and recruit every modeler you come across?
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
10-09-2008, 08:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
If only we could bend Mr Siika's talents to do our warped and evil bidding then we might be able to solve issues to do with new tilesets needed...and various other things....hey, maybe he'd be interested in the other ships that are missing after Koniption has finished her lovely-looking Dres Scuttler...?
You might have success requesting a specific item in one of his threads, but I doubt you'd be able to convince him to come and work over here. He does at lot of the resource stuff, and I think he's on several teams already.

He does do great stuff though. I've had the pleasure of working with him on a few of his projects. The only one released so far is the Better Ports - I animated the seagulls for him. I'm also animating some ravens and vultures for him.

I don't think we have any problems regarding tilesets though. We just need to wait for Phitt to release his Sheogorad mod, then we'll be able to use his deadric ruins tileset, which I think is the only one we need.
10-09-2008, 10:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
hey, Ibsen, do you have to try and recruit every modeler you come across?

=) Almost, yes. But I think I have good taste in modders and there is always a place for good modders on these great, creative forums of ours, whether here or in 'Beyond Cyrodiil'. People must be barmy not to drop by and have their talents exhibited.

@ nick_op - I was referring to when RW mentioned that he'd like a little variety in the dungeon / cave tilesets to incorporate things like 'lava caves' and some other idea.

Ravens and vultures :pop: Tongue ?????? That would make a lot of people very happy, I think.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-10-2008, 01:08 AM,

Actually, to make various varieties of caves, all that needs be done are re-textures of the Moldcave tileset. I'd actually love to see someone do a Mudcave variant, but that's just my personal wishes.

Mr. Siika IS an extremely talented modeler, and luckily, all of his stuff is designated as a modder's resource. However, i don't think we'd have much luck recruiting him onto a more closed team. He already does close work with Farmers Unite! and NPCs with Jobs (if i'm not mistaken) and he's extremely busy with several other side-projects as well.

What would be more useful is if you could find some models that he's released that the team could clearly use. Things like the seagulls, various forms of wildlife, or anything that would obviously go in a Morrowind Setting. He may have done some things with ports and ships that we could use for Steadhelm, and it would probably be a much better use of time to locate such resources, instead of trying to wrangle modders.

And i KNOW there's some good stuff out there that doesn't require us to recruit anybody onto the team, it only requires permission be granted. (try to only get the really relevant stuff though, we don't need 10 more "uber cool" sword designs)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
10-10-2008, 05:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
(try to only get the really relevant stuff though, we don't need 10 more "uber cool" sword designs)

Obviously! I was thinking more in terms of either attracting his attention to us or teasing him with the 'ships and ports' concept art. The point is that, unlike some contributory modders that we do get dropping by, he doesn't seem to have shown up around here. Maybe if he drifted by some time he might have some time to spare on taking up an actual claim that takes his fancy.
10-13-2008, 08:46 PM,

Hi Wizard of thay here from NWJ. I have PM'd Mr Silka the link to this thread.
Love the work you ladies and gents are doinging, looking forward to 3.0
10-13-2008, 09:13 PM,

Hey thanks, wizard. Nice of you to think of us. Forgive the ignorance but what is NWJ exactly? (I'll probably kick myself when you tell me.)
10-13-2008, 09:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Hey thanks, wizard. Nice of you to think of us. Forgive the ignorance but what is NWJ exactly? (I'll probably kick myself when you tell me.)

NPCs with Jobs. As I understand it, new assets, anims and AI to expand the things that NPCs can do to earn a living.

Steve
10-13-2008, 09:23 PM,

Yep thats pretty much it.

a link to the site:

http://www.npcwithjobs.com/