Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Drunken Mudcrab Import Shop
04-08-2006, 06:52 PM,
The Drunken Mudcrab Import Shop
So this is going to be the development thread for the preview mod import shop. So far several things have been decided: the name (The Drunken Mudcrab), the owner (a dunmer, but no name yet...), the town (Cheydinhall), and another homeless NPC (dunmer, nameless as of yet) who sells illegal things .

If I forgot something that was decided already just go ahead and let me know!

Now, to begin i thought i'd try my hand at placing the shop where i think it should be in Cheydinhall, so we could get started on the NPCs, item list and items, and the interior. A few screenies are attached at the bottom of the page, and below is a list of ingredients that could appear, along with some items that could be re-textured to work. (i'll be working all weekend on getting 3Dsm8 and Photoshop onto my new computer, so i'll be able to get some of the retexturing done!)

Again, if you think of something that can be retexured or used for free to easily create an item, just post your idea here!

Ingriedients

Guar/Alit/Kagouti Hide -- Scamp Skin

Kwama Eggs -- Potato

Ash Salts -- Frost Salts/Void Salts

Shalk Resin/Resin -- Water Hyacinth Nectar

Hack-lo Leaf -- Vipers Bugloss Leaves

Saltrice -- Ladys Smock Leaves/Wheat Grain

Scuttle -- Mutton

Marshmarrow -- Aloe Vera Leaves/Bloodgrass

Moonsugar -- Mugwort Seeds

Scrap Metal Fillings -- Void Salts

(I'd prefer to call them scrap metal "fillings" in our mod, that way we can use them as an ingreident, differentiating them from raw ebony and glass, which i would make items not ingriedients, like gold and silver are already. Only i'd make them actually worth something, Big Grin. If you guys want we can make them all ingriedients, what do you think?)

Items

Various Dwemer Limeware -- Various Pottery

Raw Ebony -- Potato/Bread

Raw Glass -- ???

Books such as the Vivec's Sermons, the House of Troubles, and possibly City Guides...

Arms/Clothes

Foreign Legion Armor (a retexture of normal Legion armor to get the TESIII colors)

Dunmer clothing (standard Dunmer clothing designs from TESIII)

Dunmer House robes (retextured from ornate TESIV robes) I'm thinking especially Telvanni here.

Dunmer House Skirts (retextured TESIV skirts) Used for ceremonial Redoran Guards
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
04-08-2006, 06:56 PM,

Looking good. I'd add some Dunmer clothing as well in there.
04-08-2006, 06:58 PM,

i already added the stuff from your thread :yes:

what do you think about the locale?

04-08-2006, 07:02 PM,

Don't have Oblivion, so I can't say for sure what I think of the location. Can you give an overhead shot so we can see what part of the town it's in?
04-08-2006, 07:12 PM,

Man the best looking thing for moonsugar is Daedroth teeth trust me!
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-08-2006, 07:26 PM,

Moon Sugar isn't supposed to be entirly triangular... or pointy... Confusedhrug:

[edit] And Vrenir, here:

04-08-2006, 07:31 PM,

Have you seen the teeth? its one big tooth its a bunch of little teeth that can represent moonsugar
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-08-2006, 07:34 PM,

Righto. I like the location, but the rock in front of the building, though low, makes it look like a modded-shop. If we really want to integrate it instead of looking tacked-on, we need to move the rock over or get rid of it and extend the footpath texture to the front step.
04-08-2006, 07:47 PM,

About the rock, i can extend the footpath, but the reason i left it was becasue or the dark spot on the ground under it... but if i move the footpath to cover it, it should look okay.

and knight, i'm not sure what you mean, these are the teeth, i see points and trianglular shapes...

04-08-2006, 07:50 PM,

The teeth don't look too far off to me though. What did the option you proposed look like Batman, just for comparison?