Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great House War
01-28-2006, 08:20 PM,
The Great House War
So, the Great House War as i recall at the time of writing is the war between the great houses of morrwind over vvardendenfell,

now i'm sure that Kukulza has a whole storyline planned out in his head, so i'm not going to suggest anything, merely relate what i can remember, so kukluza correct me where i'm wrong and i'm sorry in advance Wink

the sides:

Hlaau + Imperials

Redoran + Dres + Indoril

Telvanni + Betmeri + Ashlanders

Dagoth

so now just from that we have lots of implacations, but i think we should wait until kukluza can give his ideas first...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-28-2006, 08:39 PM,

well, to tell you the truth... it is a sea of ideas not fully ordered up...
but I'll give you guys what I can bit by bit so I don't hurt myself Big Grin and eventually all my ideas will get typed down...

so, the sides...

Hlaalu-Imperial Alliance
This is a military alliance between Imperials and Hlaalu. The Hlaalu and Imperials train their forces together, Dunmer and Imperial military advisors and generals together help make the small Hlaalu regiments tough soldiers and improve training for the Legions left on Vvardenfell. The Hlaalu also are supported by a large mercenary army gathering in several Hlaalu ports ready to be sent to Morrowind. The majority are Nords, some of which have settled the Sheogorad region in hopes of reclaiming parts of Morrowind (and Vvardenfell).
Triple Alliance
Traditionally the great military powers of Morrowind were the Dres, the Indoril, and the Redoran. The rustic folk of Redoran, long knowing the ways of war and being a tough and pious people have asked their less troubled and more complacent friends for aid. Therefore a military alliance of three Great Houses has formed, the same Houses that once allied to attempt to drive out the Imperials years ago. The growing power of Great House Hlaalu alarms the other three as they struggle to compete economically and perhaps marshally also.
Telvanni
Though the Telvanni seem to be alone in the war, they have mustered many warriors and gathered hirelings from the folk of Vvardenfell. Because of their alliance with the Grazeland Velothi, these brave warriors have joined their ranks. Also, many betmer have become hirelings. These outlaws and escaped slaves are now seasoned warriors fighting in thier newhomeland denied to them, but, like the Grazelanders, have been promised future protection in their territories after the war.
Sixth House

The Sixth House spread seeds of discontent among the Great Houses hoping to escalate the potential damage of the war. The ancient House Dagoth hopes to intervene when the others are weak so that they may quickly ddrive out the n'wah and other Houses from Morrowind and claim it as their own. They have no allies other than the criminal syndicates and smugglers that they manipulate on Vvardenfell. There are not officially in thewar as they are not an official political party.

so there you have it... if you have more suggestions, please go ahead Smile
(pertaining to the teams,but if you have any other suggestions, go ahead guys!)
01-28-2006, 09:12 PM,

so yeah, with that as a summary, i think then that the main quest would have four different endings, one for each faction, if we to do that however, i don't know how we would determine which ending you got

yeah i guess we could do it based on what House you're in, but what if you haven't joined? should the main quest come to a stop at a certain point and require you to align yourself bfore you can continue?

also how closely tied to the main quest will the Great House Quests be? I'd like to think that all the house would have quests involing preperation for the coming war. but to plan accordingly, we need to know how the main quest will work.

once you are invited to vvardenfell and see vivec, how does the story move forward from there? where do you go? who do you see? dos vivec set you in contact with the neverarine, and from there you here of coming tensions between the various factions? perhaps the nerevarine as the early main quest-giver?

because as i see it the future if morrwoind can go 4 different ways,

the Hlaalu and Imperials gain a foothold and vvardenfell is eventually colonized, house hlaalu becomes unstoppable and the empire controls vvardefell, the nords are given sheogorad for their part, the redoran are reduced to small packs of resistence here and there, the telvanni have retreated to their isles and main-lands, with a few exceptions. dres and indoril contiue their downward spiral, even faster now as hlaalu is expanding, and not much changes for house dagoth

the triple alliance of the redoran, dres, and indoril come out on top, house hlaalu and the imperials abandon morrowind, the nords are either neogotiated with (probably for shoegorad colonies) or forced out altogether, the same thing happens to the telvanni, they abandon morrowind, with a few rogue wizards staying. The redoran take over the entire west gash, the grazelands, the nothern ashlands, adn the southern mushroom forests, the hlaalu holdings of balmora, hla oad and the like will go to house indoril, and the plantation land will go to dres. house dagoth of course is eliminated.

the telvanni, betmeri, and ashlanders win the war. if that happens, no doubt aryon will have an agreement in place to give the ashlands to the ashlanders and to give the rest to the betmeri, with the telvanni being able to build anywhere not already being used. agian, the nords will probably be neogotiated with for shoegorad, and agian dres and indoril die slow painful deaths, the redoran are reduced to the guerilla warriors, and more than likely house dagoth is till out there somewhere...

lastly, house dagoth kills/mapnipulates everyone else to death, and takes over the entire island, resotring the blight bwahahahah :brew:

01-28-2006, 10:16 PM,

ATTENTION
after looking through my notes and scrawlings, several discussions with peoples, and some words in scirbbled in my notebook.... I realized that I had actually made THREE mainquests... they aren't too big on their own but they are all distinctly different... the beginning (Invitation of Vivec) are all the same... but somehow in my day-dreams... the mainquests ended up becoming different things... (btw, credit to Razorwing for the original idea of Vivec vs. Helseth)

The Great House War
The Dunmer Triple Allaince, Telvanni, and the Hlaalu-Imperial Alliance wage a massive war, most of it on Vvardenfell... in the end, the Nerevarine, Vivec, and you end it in a few decisive battles where the Temple intervenes and by blockading, playing on the suffering of commoners, and Ordinators controlling important routes, the factions are forced to end the war.

Vivec vs. Helseth
As a Grand Council hosted by the Nerevarine takes place (reconcile differences before a war breaks out), assassins attempt to take out every single faction representive present... you defend them... it seems that Helseth has just attempted to stage a coup of the enitre Vvardenfell... now Helseth, as his plans failed and has been accused of such attempts, is now fighting a battle to keep himself alive and in power. He respresents the West and has the support of the Imperials and Hlaalu who need the monarchy's survival to stay in power. Vivec intends to use his theocratic power to try to set things right... he wants to get rid of Helseth and put the Dunmer on the right track... but skirmishes, assassinations, and zealousness brings him to declare war on Helseth... and is supported by the old triple alliance... in the end, after rallying troops, fighting battles, and etc., it will come down to a big battle in either Mournhold or Vivec... and either Vivec or Helseth will lose...

Cult of the Atronach
a secret cult is growing in power and the Atronachs threaten Vvardenfell. Their leader, a great Ice Monarch has somehow been forced to stay on Nirn.... in order to free himself and go back to Oblivion... he needs break free... he is trapped inside the great sword: Ice Blade of the Monarch... he calls to his atronach brethren and the Flame Monarch and Storm Monarch, but none of them can break him free. You can side with either the Temple or the Cult. The Temple has the support of everyone and the Nerevarine and Vivec rally the people against the Daedra and Atronachs who intend to worship these new gods... the Ice, the Flame, and the Storm Monarchs... In the cult, you can work for these Atronachs and the other Daedra following them. The Atronachs have four goals:
1. Free their Ice Monarch brother to assist in defeating local resistance
2. use BAMZ-AMSCHEND to turn Morrowind into a primitive land
3. sacrifice souls to increase the power of BAMZ-AMSCHEND
4. destabilize Nirn to allow a prolonged Atronach domination.
The Daedra began as extensions of their Princes, creations with limited freedom, however, the Daedra began to be individual and serve whomever is strong... but the Atronachs never have had their own realm and are wanderers serving at whim... but they want to destabilize Nirn and create a new chaotic elemental plane created... and BAMZ-AMSCHEND is the key to staring it up...
The quest begins with you finding the swords: Ice Blade of the Monarch... and it will speak to you, yearnign to kill, but also yearning to be free...
A) on the Temple side you can wield the sword, help destroy the Atronach presence and their loyal cult, sucking the souls of the Flame and Storm Monarchs into the Ice Blade, and throwing the sword into Red Mt.... to forever banish the Monarchs
B) on the Atronach side, you will outmaneuvre Vivec, kill the Nerevarine, and with Sunder, Keening, and Wraithguard, break upon the sword without destroying the Ice Monarch, activate BAMZ-AMSCHEND... and kill Vivec who is waiting for you
result-A: no getting mobbed by roaming bands of Atronachs, everyone loves you, saving Nirn
result-B: a perpetual weather change, a broken land... and everyone still alive hates you... but you are powerful, gifted by the Atronachs

...I think the Great House War and the Vivec vs. Helseth are more plausible... the Atronach thing seems too titanic... and allowing you to side WITH the atronachs means you will destabilize (eventually) Nirn and you will die... destabilizing will take a year hundred years until the weather becomes so terrible and epic storms and volcanoes/earthquakes and stuff happen all the time...
if you were limited to stopping it... that might be ok... but still... very epic... maybe even too epic? who knows...
if we want the Cult of the Atronach... it needs to be fixed and refined A LOT!

all need a lot of refining... but although I planned to somehow combine them... they all seem so stand alone that it is tough to combine... so I think we need to decide....
01-28-2006, 10:21 PM,

honestly, i think that there is probably a way to combine the ideas of vivec vs helseth and the great house war, i think that the atronach idea is good, but is like you said, too big...

maybe the main quest starts with vivec vs helseth, then erupts into the great house war...

01-28-2006, 10:23 PM,

yess.... very good suggestion batman....
the atronach thing IS too big... such a cool idea though.... but it sounds like something reserved for a end-of-all-times TES (X) where if you fail you destroy Nirn! AHHHAAAHAHA
01-28-2006, 10:27 PM,

so we need to disscuss the flow of hte main quest, so we begin with the invite, then meet the nerevarine, have somes quests from him and vivec b4 all hell breaks lose and the war begins, then eventually you'll reach a point where you'll have to choose a side, and that would determine which endign you got, speakign of which, what did you think of my post war summaries?

01-28-2006, 10:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by batman
speakign of which, what did you think of my post war summaries?
mostly good... for the Telvanni you forgot to put in the part where they kill most of the Imperials, grow mushrooms in their forts like in Tel Vos... and ship all remaining Imperials to the Imperial museum of Tel Vos Big Grin

other than that, you got it mostly right :yes:
but I hope we don't allow too many endings... so 4 is good... more than that is... too much work...
it is a battle between the liberals and conservatives... and also the guys who are pushed aside or trodden on in the past Big Grin
01-28-2006, 10:42 PM,

Tel Ebonheart... imagine Big Grin

01-29-2006, 12:55 AM,

ok, not realy a contribution to this thread, but more of a council type thing.

you should realy wait till the pocket guide. on the very first page it says that the situation in MW has changed dramaticly over the 6 years, so imho, i dont quite think that making a MQ (or otherwise) based on old info is practical, especialy if the info changes dramaticly and you have to start the proces all over again. And didnt the nerevarine unite the houses so thy are not fighting any more?

also, on the subject of the actual MQ drafts, all but hte first seem EXTREAMLY impropable. helthes is not that stupid, and we have no idea of the state of vivec in tes4. and the cult thing is very impropable too, especialy since theres no mention of anything like that anywhere in lore or other wise. the Atronachs are ratehr minor daedra, and even the powerfull ones would not be "gods". the real daedra (whome the Atronachs serve) would probely not aprove of tehir scheme iether. Not to mention that either of these 2 quests seem to big to be iether logical or practical.

just my 2cents. sry for the long post
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era