Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Imperial Union
02-15-2006, 02:55 AM,

The way I was trying to make it would be so that the PC wouldn't have to join and work his way up through all new factions, but just keep in the same factions he was already part of in Cyrodiil. But maybe you have a point, and due to the recent instability of politics and government over in Vvardenfell, the Mages and Theives Guilds have done Dark Brotherhood kind of split (were once part of one faction, but then broke off to become another guild that still specializes in the same trade)?

I kind of like that idea now. But I still think that the Mages should be seperate from the Thieves and both should be seperate from the Legion/Fighters. Then both the questlines for the Mages and Thieves (names changed to something else) could become short and difficult, like KuKulzA said. And also like he said, the Legion/Fighters would be longer, but maybe just as hard (since they are a group of guards and fighters Big Grin ).

So what would be some good names for these new Guilds? I kind of like KuKulzA's Colonial Legion/Guard (Legion a little more than Guard). I have no clue for the Mages or Thieves, but Bal Molagmer doesn't really flow well for a faction. Wink
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
02-15-2006, 03:05 AM,

you're right :yes:
except that the guilds did not do a DarkBrotherhood split, they only adapted to colonial life on Vvardenfell

so I guess supposing we go with that... we need new names

for the Legion+Fighters.... it isn't a guard.... but because of the inclusion it isn't exactly the same Legion... as the Legions are smaller anyways now...
C. A. F. = Colonial Armed Forces
...nah, too modern.... like a special corps. Big Grin
Imperial Auxiliaries
auxiliary to what? Hlaalu? ...maybe... doesn't sound as full-time as it should
...hmm... tough....

I'm lost as to Mages and Thieves.... I think I will go look up synonyms...
02-15-2006, 03:17 AM,

Legion/Fighters = Colonial Union? Association? Society? League? Federation? Company? Division?

Mages = Mystic's Guild? or would you rather have something a little farther from the original?

Thieves = Brigand's Faction/Guild?

...I'm stumpted ?( ?( ?( I'm not all that good with names from Morrowind, so maybe there is something from TES Lore that would work better for them?
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
02-15-2006, 03:22 AM,

although are idea for them is good... our naming is stumped!
TES made really simple fit-the-role names that basically fit the faction...
it will be tough to name them with these things in mind:
1- their root faction
2- their role in society
3- they are colonial

Sad got no ideas yet :no:
02-15-2006, 03:25 AM,

How about instead of ting them all together by grouping them into all one faction, we can tie them to a comman cause by naming them alike?

The Colonial Union
The Colonial Mystic's
The Colonial Brigand's

What do you think? :lmao:
-
02-15-2006, 03:34 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ixidors Bane
How about instead of ting them all together by grouping them into all one faction, we can tie them to a comman cause by naming them alike?

The Colonial Union
The Colonial Mystic's
The Colonial Brigand's

What do you think? :lmao:
Union sounds to me like a workers union... Big Grin
mystics would be of the school of mysticism right? ...not magicka in general...
brigands sounds too violent, thieves guild steals and runs blackmarket... they don't wanto use violence...

Colonial Magical Circle?
Mages School?
House of Mages?
Colonial Wizardry?

....?(
02-15-2006, 03:37 AM,

Colonial House of Mages? Kind of like that one.

Colonial Division? Sounds like there should be otehr division out there, while iit is really just one group.

Still no idea's for the Thieves. :bash:
-
02-15-2006, 03:40 AM,

maybe Vrenir will have some creative ideas? Confusedhrug:
I hope so... just the two of us aren't getting anywhere with the names! Wink

EDIT:
Vanguard? it means the front of the army...
02-15-2006, 07:04 AM,

But who are they in front of? Confusedhrug:

Come on Vrenir, helps up out. Hell, anybody, just throw out idea's. SOmething will sounds right eventually. Big Grin
-
02-15-2006, 09:38 AM,

Good compromise. For my part, I approve.

Is "Colonial" the word we're looking for, because I'm not certain it fits either. As far as the Mages are concerned, I still actually like either the Imperial Mages. Even though the name met with hostility, I'm also still partial to the Thieves calling themselves something along the lines of businessmen (it makes them sound upstanding and a valuable part of the Vvardenfell community rather than a low-life drain on society). The Fighters/Legion.... I'm going downtown for a lecture and stuff this afternoon and I'll give all the names some thought. Let's hope something cool pops into my head; be back tonight.