Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Imperial Union
02-15-2006, 10:39 PM,

personally I'd like to see Mages Guild die at the hands of the Telvanni and Thieves get killed by Cammona....
...but thats just me...

Fighters and Legion union all the way! Big Grin

but seriously... for me, I have no problem with Thieves dying... some people like 'em though...
still.... they are the hardest to name
02-15-2006, 10:45 PM,

Well I'd rather keep the Mages, because the Telvanni are the only other real heavy magic users on the island, and if you join the Telvanni, your stuck with them all the way through the MQ.

While the if the Thieves are killed off, then there is still the Cammona Tong you can join, and they aren't aligned with a Great House, so you can go on and join who ever else you want. More options that way. :yes:
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
02-15-2006, 11:23 PM,

in thwe end I think we keep mages and thieves but i am frustrated over thieves new name
...and plus I don't like them Big Grin Cammona all the way.... unless you are outlander
02-16-2006, 12:15 AM,

Seriously, let's just make a Thieves' Guild, same old name, same old structure, that exists for the sole purpose of getting wiped out. The PC hears about the struggling guild, joins up expecting that the quest-line will let him save it, and finds instead that the odds are just too high, even if he wins the really hard battles, others are taking place in other towns and the guild is losing overall. In the end, there is nothing that the PC can really do and he is one of the only ones to escape with his life, that is if he's good enough to survive. It's so anti-expectation that I really like the idea (sort of like the Old Man scene in the movie Groundhog Day).
02-16-2006, 12:17 AM,

Sounds like a great idea to me. The destruction of the Vvardenfell Thieve's Guild. By another guild, house, or Daedra Big Grin
02-16-2006, 12:20 AM,

By the Cammona Tong. It would establish the fact that they really are more than talk and that all the dangers to non-Dunmer in the wake of Imperial rule are real. I mean, we can say that the Legion and FG bonded together and retreated to Ebonheart for the protection of the citizens, we can say that the Mages integrated themselves into Vvardenfell society to avoid being decimated, but until we show what would have happened, it doesn't mean much to the player. The tragedy of the Thieves' Guild would make the game more realistic and raise the stakes when a player signs on to a faction; they don't necessarily know that they're joining the winning side.
02-16-2006, 12:31 AM,

....maybe it will be:
Vvardenfell Thieves Guild

when you go to Vvardenfell looking for the local thieves guild... you find loafers and a few Cammona hanging around their old pubs... and you realize... all th Thieves are gone....
you ask an old man and he says,"ha! looking fo rthose n'wah scum! those robbers! I'll tell ya where! look in the gutter!"
you look in the gutter nearby to find a head... Chirranirr... and her lock picks stuffed into her mouth....

then you search around and you find that all the Thieves Guild members still around are in hiding and going underground (more than before)... they need someone from Cyrodiil to help them get a bit of vengeance...
maybe Gentleman Jim Stacey got injured in a brawl with the Cammona and he is no longer fit for the leadership of the guild... the Thieves Guild is going to be deep underground in Vvardenfell... they were too open and the Cammona go their chance and massacred a few....

joining the Vvardenfell Thieves Guil will get you adventure alright... more than you asked for...
ambushed by gangsters... insiders may betray you.... contaminated skooma.... :brew:

I can smell a a good short and sweet quest-line....
of course 1 reason I didn't like them in TES3 was that they weren't hidden...
its like "oh, they are secret and are criminals... go to the Rat in the Pot to find them"

they will be better this time around I think!
02-16-2006, 12:33 AM,

Sounds great! Im looking forward to playing the loser for some reason. Also are we going to make Cammona Quests to destroy the last of the Thieves? Not actually joining their faction... but just doing a set of quests.
02-16-2006, 12:40 AM,

Cammona will be a faction in TES4 Vvardenfell....
02-16-2006, 12:41 AM,

We're just piling on the factions...