Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ordinators
02-10-2006, 11:32 PM,

Perhaps they should become fanatics; refusing to accept the truth?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
02-11-2006, 12:14 AM,

I would think that the Ordinators are a major reason that the Temple still exists with power in spite of the gods' death. It doesn't matter if there are three gods or one, if the power of tradition and the best military force in the land are behind the establishment, it will endure for at least a good while (definitely for six years). The only way that this could be a problem would be if the Ordinators themselves apostasy had problems within their ranks as a result of the gods' deaths. (That would make for a very interesting questline methinks.) I would expect that the majority of Ordinators, even if they knew the truth, would keep the the charade and force it upon the populous, because if they give up, they become either worthless or just a gang. As it is, they have the power of culture and righteousness behind everything they do, and why in the world would they give that up?

I could easily see the upper level Ordinators and the priests being in a conspiracy about the whole thing on the mainland, controlling the population, while the Ordinators on Vvardenfell remain in the most part loyal to Vivec. This, as mentioned in the paragraph prior, could lead to quests involving the influence of the self-governing mainland Ordinators on those of Vvardenfell. Do they really believe that Vivec is mortal? Do they want to rule the Temple or leave things as they are? Is the idea of their faith worth more than the reality that their god is dying (maybe dead, as we won't know about Vivec until TESIV comes out)? I think that this could be really cool and present the PC with some fascinating choices with long-range ramifications for the world.
02-11-2006, 01:11 AM,

Youre smart. We definetly need to play off the fact these guys dont want to lose power. Has a very Mafia feel to it.
02-11-2006, 01:30 AM,

yes... :yes:
good ideas guys
02-11-2006, 09:32 PM,

Why are we focusing on Ordinators becoming the ''bad guys''?
We could make them noble and that they accept that their time is over.

Would certeanly make them different to typical ''wanna-rule-the-world'' arch villains.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
02-11-2006, 09:33 PM,

Read my quest concept outline section on the Ordinators. I tried to give them a balance.
02-11-2006, 10:25 PM,

We know this much about developments in Morrowind in TES4's timeline:

Quote:In the east, the ancient Tribunal has fallen and with it, the governance of the Temple.

Source: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion edition of the "Pocket Guide to the Empire", available with the collector's edition. A two-page scan from it can be read on the official site (-link-)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-11-2006, 10:35 PM,

Drat. Well, we can't know exactly what they mean until it comes out. I really have a hard time believing that the entire Temple establishment disappeared within six years, especially if Vivec is alive at the beginning of TESIV, but it's their game.
02-11-2006, 10:46 PM,

Yet more reason I keep saying, "wait for the game".

Anyhow, I don?t think that the ordinators would disappear within 6 years; however, other groups would properly challenge them for authority.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-11-2006, 11:41 PM,

WOOT, the Temple is practically dead, I was right all along

A way you have to think about this is, a dunmer is going to stay with the temple (foolish), going to accept the nine, or become worshippers of the Daedra again.

Im not trying to give the Daedric Cults a more important role or anything.