Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ordinators
02-12-2006, 12:01 AM,

I really think that's simplistic. If a person has devoted their entire life to a way of teaching, to a specific set of beliefs and virtues as opposed to a specific set of evils, then is all of that going to get tossed aside if the figurehead disappears? Maybe in a few generations, there would be no followers of the Temple and the Dunmer would revert to Daedra and anscestor worship, but immediately? I could see it happening more on the mainland. The two gods of Mournhold were murdered. They disappeared without really even telling their people. The Temple would have been forced into either a charade or a sudden sense of betrayal.

If Vivec played his cards right though, I really believe that the Temple could be gradually brought into its own as a religious group. No, Vivec is not immortal, but he still did the things that he did and supported the causes that he supported. That is history, and so long as that remains true, then there will be Dunmer who uphold his example and strive to follow in his footsteps. If Bethsada refuses to acknowledge any remainder of the Tribunal belief system among the Dunmer, I would be very tempted to declare their Imperial chronicler ill-informed and biased.

Of course, Bethseda could have Vivec show up and say that he was chased out of Morrowind by his angry worshipers following the death of the other gods and that they have all gone back to the old ways. I really hope that's a stretch (and not just because I wrote up a few quests, but because that would rob the world of its reality), but if something like that is confirmed in a way that cannot be interpretted otherwise, I would still believe that there is a cult of the Tribunal in Morrowind, which would need to be treated in this mod.
02-12-2006, 02:02 AM,

I wasn't referring to the Dunmer in total ( I even said many would stay followers of the temple), but those of weaker faith would easily lose faith in something they had little faith in before.

I could easily see people like the Telvanni or [strike]Hlallu[/strike] Hlaalu jumping boat. Redoran on the other hand would stay true.
02-12-2006, 02:20 AM,

Yeah because we know that no religion has ever outlived the death of their major figure heads.

(Except Christianity, Islam and Buddhism...)

Kidding aside, it would be interesting to see the results of the temple being underminded. They still have regional power in at least Vvardenfell due to the influence of the Ordinators & Buoyant Armigers and due to the relatively short time frame between TESIII and IV. This could lead to specific quests by the temple to reestablish Tribunal (Mono-bunal?) power as the dominant religion.

Also, the threat of a rebounding 6th House within Red Mountain and the strain between the Great Houses could lead to the Temple being a powerful mediator and leader (which sounds an awful lot like what has been outlined for the main quest). In the end, short of an actual description of the fall of the Tribunal, I see no reason to worry about this 'til more info is released.
"Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy."
F. Scott Fitzgerald
02-12-2006, 02:36 AM,

True, but I sincerelly hope there is a alternative to helping the Temple. I've always considered these guys my enemy. More so then the 6th house ( Hey Ku, Youve got connections, talk to some Dagoths for me)
02-12-2006, 02:50 AM,

I will hold on....

*pilgrimage to Red Mt.*
*returns exhausted and sick*
*drinks some sujamma*
*seems to recover*

I tells what happened when I bargained with a Dagoth... I think they would love to bring you into their House... you'd better look for the fine print... like eue-gouging or loss of face... or developement of tentacle noses... its a lifetime contract....

but this is what he said....

[Image: ashghoul23le.gif]"you are welcome to join us!"
02-12-2006, 02:56 AM,

Hey, Women like tentacle nose :lmao:
02-12-2006, 04:35 PM,

it is very sexy... its like a female's fetish.... :brew:
02-12-2006, 04:45 PM,

:eek: I think youre taking it to far...

Anyway, there should be quests where you can mass slaughter the Ordinators, just wade in with warhammer and sword and start crushing some goldcap skull Big Grin
02-12-2006, 04:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
:eek: I think you're taking it to far...

Anyway, there should be quests where you can mass slaughter the Ordinators, just wade in with warhammer and sword and start crushing some goldcap skull Big Grin
when your 6th House right? that'll be tough
02-12-2006, 04:49 PM,

No, I decline the offer.

Daedric Cult all the way. We get the best armor and weapons Big Grin