Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivec in our mod
06-17-2006, 03:49 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Hmm... the hidden message in Commentaries on the Mysterium Xarxes, Vol. III...
"The oath-breakers woe every reader, that once understood CHIM, he endeth starlight"
Possibly a reference to the Tribunal? (Sorry if this is off topic, but I just noticed that and thought it was interesting.)
possibly... since CHIM is mostly stated wuth regards to Velothi who tried to attain CHIM... other's may have called it other things...
06-17-2006, 04:07 AM,

One question, i dont remember, but since his heart connection is severed, does that mean that he is mortal?

also if he is mortal, is that mentally? or even physically?

Meaning, in Meantally, he will grow old, but his physical stature is still same.

Physically would mean that he would become a old man with wrinkles and crankyness..
06-17-2006, 04:12 AM,

What exactly is CHIM? I know, I'm clueless. This discussion is really interesting though, I really want to meat Vivec in ES 4 Vvardenfell.
06-17-2006, 04:13 AM,

well, considering Mer can live many hundreds of years if left healthy...
he should be alright... he was in his prime when he became a god... and so now this godhood is over, his body is still as it was when he was in his prime... however his mind is mortal mind now too, but remembers how it was as a god

he will grow old, but he will grow old starting from this point, as in his is basically thousands of years old, but as fit as maybe a really fit 26 year old man... so he is strong in both mind and body....
but suddenyl no longer being a god, losing that all-awareness... maybe traumatic?
06-17-2006, 04:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Morningwind
One question, I dont remember, but since his heart connection is severed, does that mean that he is mortal?

Meaning, in Meantally, he will grow old, but his physical stature is still same.

Physically would mean that he would become a old man with wrinkles and crankyness..
He has an amount of his godhood, just not nearly as much as he did the last time he was able to replenish his power at the Heart.

Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
What exactly is CHIM? I know, I'm clueless. This discussion is really interesting though, I really want to meat Vivec in ES 4 Vvardenfell.
Escape from Nirn, and living in your own plane of existence. Nirn is Lorkhan's failed attempt at CHIM. (I believe he's still attempting to successfully achieve it, though.)
06-17-2006, 04:19 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Quote:Originally posted by Morningwind
One question, I dont remember, but since his heart connection is severed, does that mean that he is mortal?

He has an amount of his godhood, just not nearly as much as he did the last time he was able to replenish his power at the Heart.

Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
Escape from Nirn, and living in your own plane of existence. Nirn is Lorkhan's failed attempt at CHIM. (I believe he's still attempting to successfully achieve it, though.)
yeah I think Axen sums it up pretty well....
basically he is no longer immortal god but he still retains a great deal of power that is absorbed in him... like he is supercharged, I dunno if that is a good way to put it... but he still has quite a bit of power
and CHIM is the escape from Nirn because it is a flawed mortal world... people want to transcend the struggles of mortal world... personally I'd rather life it out good in the mortal plane insteadof being an immortal Daedra... but whatever, we love ourselves best
06-17-2006, 04:35 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
basically he is no longer immortal god but he still retains a great deal of power that is absorbed in him... like he is supercharged, I dunno if that is a good way to put it... but he still has quite a bit of power
I believe that the Heart of Lorkhan causes a paradox whenever you tap its Tones (kind of like time travel... actually, much like it, since it's rewriting history, the past). If this is true, when Vivec ascended, he both became a god and remained mortal (Vehk and Vivec?). And, after destroying the enchantments on the Heart... um... you have 50% Vehk, 25% full Vivec, 25% weakened Vivec. Of course, this is just more speculation.

[strike]KuKulzA: You used that avatar before, damn it![/strike]
06-17-2006, 05:16 AM,

I'm pretty sure that he would still be in god form, but severly drained and his hold on such things like keeping the ministry of truth floating would stop alltogether, he would be probably trying to some how get back his past form of god-hood.

My two cents.
06-17-2006, 05:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
I'm pretty sure that he would still be in god form, but severly drained and his hold on such things like keeping the ministry of truth floating would stop alltogether, he would be probably trying to some how get back his past form of god-hood.

My two cents.
The Ministry of Truth is also held in place by the people's love for Vivec. And, in the Trial, Vivec performs CHIM, and achieves it.

KuKulzA: Think we should ask some of the people involved in the Trial of Vivec RP about things?
07-04-2006, 06:36 AM,

Another point I'd like to throw in: CHIM is the exact opposite of the Buddhist Nirvana. So, KuKulzA, V'Vehk attoning for his sins and all that is going the opposite direction of CHIM.
CHIM is a selfish enlightenment.
Nirvana is a selfless enlightenment.