Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
falmer and work done on Ulfthred Village
07-25-2005, 11:48 PM,
Ulfthred village discussion thread
[1st]i[/1st]'ll do these if no one has already claimed them. i hanvet seen any, but im prone to errors like that Smile give me the go ahead and i'll start.
also there is a cave across the lake with no interior linked(possibly one already made but not linked inside or outside). so this should go into the open claims.
also another 6 back down the road a ways.(same deal). 4 of these are stone doors, could these all be for the ulfthred tomb? thanks.
07-26-2005, 04:04 AM,

ashlander: I surveyed the area a couple of days ago, but a bug that caused the TESCS to crash-to-desktop halted my survey after I got halfway through. The newest internal release has fixed the crash problem I think, and I plan to resume my survey.

I've suggested that we put the homes and the tomb close to the village for claiming, while the other empty exteriors be deleted. I haven't checked out all the exteriors. The only reason for that is that it's been hard in the past to get claims like that filled, which doesn't surprise me. If I wanted to create something I'd like to set up the exterior myself, and not be hindered by what someone else dropped in the world. And this late in the game, I don't think it's a good idea to keep more empty exteriors.

I'd be glad if you want to make all interiors for Jarnhald, hehe, but perhaps you could start with one of the homes (or the tomb)?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-26-2005, 04:21 AM,

well ill do all of the city and maybe the tomb Smile im not much of a cave fan

ill get working right away.
07-26-2005, 04:27 AM,

I love your enthusiasm =), but let's leave some for the others, shall we? Wink

Alright, I grant you

- Skar Frostmane's house (the one on the left) and
- Bjorn Ironfist's house (the third from the left)

I decided to make Razorwing's suggestion a fact so the houses are as shown on the picture. Big Grin

Please have also a look at his advices for linking the interiors to the exterior world, but not the other way round.

I'll check out for the other doors later and we'll decide what to do about them.

And maybe someone has suggestions for the other two buildings as well.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-26-2005, 04:55 AM,

perfect the ones i started Tongue thanks Quentin Smile
eh Quentin im not allowed to acess that part of the site Sad

hope a dwemer stove is ok :]
07-26-2005, 06:28 AM,
RE: claiming Ulfthred village int.
finishing up on the frostmane residence here is the screenshot fo the interior. i figured since hes a smith id put some of "his" work up on the walls to admire...hope dwemer stuff is ok again Tongue ive but up dwemer halberds.
also jsut to throw up an idea, this village has no 'common" house for all to use, not exactly a large pub or anything but at least a small one with a larger area then the other houses. bjorn's house is the largest and i was thinking this would be a better place to have it and we could move his house to razor's other suggestion here
ill quit the modding for tonight let this idea go around. id be willing to do either the house or the "pub" if this idea goes through.

heres teh esp with the frostmane house(linked to exterior)
07-26-2005, 03:10 PM,

Tying in with what Quentin said, I think you can have as many claims as you want, but please mod one claim at a time before claiming another one. Having said that, I'm very impressed with your productivity [Image: icon16.gif] and I'm very grateful you came here =)

The link Quentin posted was slightly wrong and leads to the page where you can edit my post. Only moderators and admins can do that, so I'm not surprised you couldn't access the page. Try this link. Smile

The house is looking good :goodjob: If you want to create a new exterior and new interior for a mead hall or similar, that'd be totally okay. A huge building like the one in Thirsk would be lovely, if you want to go in that direction.

No, don't use dwemer stuff. I would imagine he would smith things in Nordic style? If you find nice weapons and armor and shields on the net that you want to use for your interior, that'd be totally okay :]

Btw I think Quentin retextured certain Dwemer meshes so they could be used generally. I think there's a stove among them, and if it is then feel free to use that if you want. He also has several reskinned metal furniture you might find appropriate.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-26-2005, 03:45 PM,

ok ill just go back through the mod and get rid of dwemer stuff.

i dont think we need a hall as big as thirsk for a 5 person town....i think we can jsut use bjorns house but i can do either jsut let me know.
07-26-2005, 04:06 PM,

i dont want my work to look like it was rushed so if you go over it please give me some advice on items to add..ive beeen away from cs for aound a year now. thanks

also i cant find the stove you were saying is in the cs Sad all ive found is a kiln.
07-26-2005, 05:11 PM,

The village as a whole is a bit on the small side, I think. It's hard to believe in a settlement with just 5 people, especially if it has services like a smith. You could change that with a mead hall though, if it has rooms on the upper floor like Thirsk did. If you like originality, Dongle has several interesting 'Nordic Halls' building on his site which you might be able to use. I haven't checked it out but knowing his work, I'm sure it's solid. If not then the mead hall would work. Everything I said is just suggestions though. =)

I'll download your house and check it out Smile
Angel mired in filth