Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heightmapper DISCUSSION
09-01-2006, 01:19 AM,
heightmapper DISCUSSION
EDIT: TheImperialDragon

Continued from this thread

royalblue[/hr]

ST's area should be no more than 4x4 quads. Keep in mind the view distance is limited to a block of 3x3 quads, with the quad the player is in in the center of that block.
09-01-2006, 03:44 AM,

I remember there was some limit to lod in an area, and I'm pretty sure if it would fail anywhere, it would be ST and vvardenfell, because they are just too big. If you want to try and put vvardenfell and ST in the same world, I wouldn't. Put a border around ST region like cyrodiil's limit, if you want you could put some Vvardenfel LOD in the distance, and then do the same for the Vvardenfel world, and have a boat that will go between the two (YAY, A REASON TO COME TO EBBEDIN!!!!!). That is how you should do it.
Lol what?
09-01-2006, 06:15 PM,

What about the 6*6 quad LOD problem?
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
09-01-2006, 06:46 PM,

6*6 is what is visible, I don't think it would really matter if something that far distant was not visible, assuming you had enough mountains and stuff to cover that.
09-01-2006, 06:47 PM,

6*6 Is as much LOD as you can generate I believe.
09-01-2006, 07:19 PM,

Ah, but LOD isn't saved to the plug-in file, but in the Landscape/LOD of the Meshes folder, or so I am led to believe (as I generated LOD once, but cannot remove it by removing the plug-in), so we could try generating different areas at a time?
09-01-2006, 07:21 PM,

Worth a shot. The guy who is making that landmass based on a book he is writting said he got around it, try PMing him.
09-01-2006, 07:46 PM,

PM'd him.

Okay, here is what the quads will look like for the Silgrad Tower map (roughly). No, I didn't do Vvar or Blacklight yet, I want to hear what people think of this one first.

Red square = 1 quad
yellow square = 12 x 12 OB cells (In TES3, 1 cell)
09-01-2006, 08:32 PM,

... Like I said, ST should be 4x4 quads. Cyrodiil has 12 quads of explorable land, 4x4 quads for the whole thing (including all border region LOD).
09-01-2006, 08:39 PM,

What does that have to do with anything?