Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rethinking alliances for the Great House War
03-29-2006, 03:00 AM,
rethinking alliances for the Great House War
new alliances for the Great House War.... that's what we need

So we obviously have Helseth's guys and anti-helseth guys

there are the Nords that play a great role...
there are Redoran single-handedly fighting the Nords while being in severe decline....
there are the Dres and Hlaalu which are now ganging up on Indoril...
the Telvanni are neutral in all this... or are for now...

so lets put it all together

this is what I think.... Indoril, though its leadership is lacking as a large suicides and political coups has weaknened it, has a large martial tradition... so it is taking longer to take down Indoril than it should if they weren't tough folks. I think the Indoril will play a lrole in our mod... where should the Indoril refugees and soldiers go for refuge? Vvardenfell. And also, I think the Dres would get some rewards, holdings on Vvardenfell, to make them equals to Hlaalu.... in the sense that they can have territory on Vvardenfell also...
but the Nordic threat is not only a danger to Redoran whom are defending all Morrowind against them, but to all. But what if Helseth actually arranged it? what if he had the Nords attack Redoran knowing it would distract and stall the warrior-House and weaken them if they succeeded in defense, if not, the job is already done and the Nords would be too weakened in the struggle to contend with Hlaalu-Dres armies... or better, maybe he even had the Nords as a secret ally?

now lets put all this formulated ideas into results

so could it be that....
Helseth Alliance: Hlaalu, Imperial/Helseth, Dres, Nords?
(AKA- Revolutionaries)
this will be Great House Hlaalu, the forces of Helseth and the Imperials under his command, the Great House Dres, and the invading Nords....

and then what about the others?
the Telvanni will get shredded up eventually like Redoran and Indoril who do not respect Helseth's rule...
and the betmeri that are now on Vvardenfell, freed and homeless...
and the ashlander tribes, they can't expect kindness from Helseth, infact he will probably be worse to them than the Imperials were...

I think the Redoran and Telvanni and the betmer and the ashlanders should ally... and Indoril can come too...
so something like this....
*Northern Alliance: Redoran, Telvanni, Betmeri, Ashlanders, Indoril*
(AKA- Traditionalists)
this will be Redoran reluctantly but out of necessity allying with the Telvanni who gather ashlanders and betmer.... the Redoran have Indoril refugees... driven from their homeland, filled with a thirst for vengeance.... and hoping to start a new life on Vvardenfell...

what are the consequences?

now you obviously know.... the Helseth alliance is wealthier, has more troops, and has one really good leader....
the "northern" alliance has devoted troops, strong leaders..... but is not wealthy and not as numerous
so you have here the declining side and the rising side... if the traditionalists are victorious, they probably couldn't take over, but they coul dhave respect and stability, and have a lot of say in the Helseth gov't.... if Helseth wins as everyone thinks... then you basically have a Hlaalu-Dres dominated Morrowind...

betmeri, especially orcs & goblins hate Nords, Argonians hate especially Dres Dunmer... the Ashlanders really hate Imperials, the Telvanni hate anyone who doesn't leave them alone.... Redoran is in competition with Hlaalu, Indoril now hates both Hlaalu and Dres.... they must feel so betrayed... yes it seems that the traditionalists have a chance.... albeit, a slim one.... but together they do have a chance.... but there is going to be a lot of reconciling... betmer never liked Telvanni slavery, Indoril is proud and snobby, Redoran and ashlanders have a hatred.... but united they may stand, disunited they WILL FALL!

[/hr]

alright, that's what I have to say.... anyone want to pitch in?
I could not think of Redoran standing any chance if Dres has left them and Indoril are being picked apart.... therefore I had to add in Telvanni, not much but its something....

EDIT:
***oh and Northern Alliance makes me think of Afghanistan... HELP ME OUT!
03-29-2006, 12:01 PM,

I didnt see the House of Troubles in there ?(

Just stick them beside the part with Telvanni alliances with the betmer and ashlanders?

Maybe some name for the Alliance that says they are the ways of old, and keeping with the old dunmer sanctity... just a thought

But it looks brilliant right now, and alot simpler :goodjob:
03-29-2006, 08:06 PM,

For on mission we could have nord ships coming a coast with spiked barricagdes and trenches where the redorans would be. Trenchs and spike barricagdes are in Oblivion
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-29-2006, 10:09 PM,

The Ashlanders also hate the settled people, remember. I doubt they would ally with the Great Houses unless there was at least a GOOD chance of the empire being driven out.
03-29-2006, 10:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
I didn't see the House of Troubles in there ?(

Just stick them beside the part with Telvanni alliances with the betmer and ashlanders?
I dunno..... it seems that the Daedra are extremely harmful in Morowind so I mean the Dunmer aren't really in love with them right now.... I doubt Telvanni would be allied to them, everyone would hate them.... I am thinking maybe House of Troubles can just be a religious-war faction and no longer political... because the more I think about it.... the less likely they will be in a political alliance now that we know the official TES4 lore... Sad
Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
For on mission we could have nord ships coming a coast with spiked barricagdes and trenches where the redorans would be. Trenchs and spike barricagdes are in Oblivion
D-day Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Arklon
The Ashlanders also hate the settled people, remember. I doubt they would ally with the Great Houses unless there was at least a GOOD chance of the empire being driven out.
the thing is... its now or never, their time i past if they don't act they will die out... the Imperial influence isn't coming from Cyrodiil anymore.... it is right in Morrowind, Helseth.... they need to... plus the Grazeland tribes have treaties with Telvanni....
03-29-2006, 10:35 PM,

I think that the Northern Alliance should get one special, uber powerful ally, someone who is a great hero, his name: JIUB!!! Yeah I know he's supposed to be dead according to ingame rumors, but comeon, they're just rumors, and the guy supposedly wiped out the cliff racers, if you can wipe out cliff racers then you should sure as heck be able to survive some Daedra, have everyone asume he was killed, but then let him come back once the main quest picks up. Also, should the Ordinators and dieing temple side with Redoran and Indoril, they were always buddies in the past. Also perhaps the Telvanni or Betmer should have a deal going on under the table with one of the Vampire clans, the Aundae are based really near the Nord HQ, perhaps the Betmer cut a deal to leave eachother alone and go for the Nords. Quarra though you might want to put on the Nord side, since they're Nordic of descent, and the Betmer are getting near their HQ.
03-29-2006, 10:39 PM,

I think the wiping out of cliff racers was a joke
03-29-2006, 10:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
I think that the Northern Alliance should get one special, uber powerful ally, someone who is a great hero, his name: JIUB!!! Yeah I know he's supposed to be dead according to ingame rumors, but comeon, they're just rumors, and the guy supposedly wiped out the cliff racers, if you can wipe out cliff racers then you should sure as heck be able to survive some Daedra, have everyone asume he was killed, but then let him come back once the main quest picks up. Also, should the Ordinators and dieing temple side with Redoran and Indoril, they were always buddies in the past. Also perhaps the Telvanni or Betmer should have a deal going on under the table with one of the Vampire clans, the Aundae are based really near the Nord HQ, perhaps the Betmer cut a deal to leave eachother alone and go for the Nords. Quarra though you might want to put on the Nord side, since they're Nordic of descent, and the Betmer are getting near their HQ.
you think like me...
the Quarra I planned to be helping the Nords from the start...
but I think the Berne and the Aundae might have secret deals with Telvanni perhaps...

the betmer aren't going for each other, but they are only loosely connected.... Orcs, goblins, freed Argonians and Khajits... starting a free life on Vvardenfell.... but they hate Nords and Argonians hate Dres so it works out

I dunno about the Temple... it would be a way to rally the Redoran and Indoril and maybe Temple memebers will harbor warriors and maybe use their temples also as weapon smuggling places... but otherwise... Confusedhrug:
03-29-2006, 10:59 PM,

Berne and Aundae could be buddy buddy with Telvanni, Telvanni were never really bothered by Vamps, and the Aundae and Telvanni both have an interest in magic, and Berne and Telvanni are located relatively close by, but maybe Berne shouldn't be with Telvanni, but are rather infiltrating the Revolutionaries ranks, it seems like the Berne thing to do... Besides, in MW if you were Telvanni the questline to get a tower involved rampaging through Berne HQ to get the plans for the dwemmer centurions, and the Vampire clans of Vvardenfell hate eachother, I doubt Berne and Aundae would both do business with Telvanni.
03-29-2006, 11:05 PM,

maybe Berne is just for the hgihest bidder?