Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Lunar Temples of Elsweyr
03-28-2010, 11:56 PM,

OK - it's not going to be top of my list, but I'll bear it in mind.
Realistically, I think the buildings come first, followed by retexes of everything for the forest (and maybe grassland) regions. After all, improvements to the pillars can be retro-fitted.
Morcroft Darkes
03-29-2010, 12:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
OK - it's not going to be top of my list, but I'll bear it in mind.
Realistically, I think the buildings come first, followed by retexes of everything for the forest (and maybe grassland) regions. After all, improvements to the pillars can be retro-fitted.

Agreed Smile
01-01-2011, 10:29 PM,

Good stuff man, good stuff. Looks spot on from my original concepts, nice texture work too. :goodjob:

Man, now I feel like Han Solo at the start of Return of the Jedi...

I know I've been out of the loop for 5 yrs or so, but did you all ever work on the interior space(s) for the temples?
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
01-02-2011, 12:39 AM,

Welcome back from the carbonite - hope the eyesight isn't too badly damaged!

I did try to copy your work as closely as I could, so I'm pleased you like it.

I haven't done anything on the interior yet - and if you ever had any ideas on the subject I really would appreciate your thoughts! Just tack any ideas you have over in the Ancient Ruins of Elsweyr concept thread

I've made the temples pretty small - because I think you can over-do the scale of these things - so there's only really one modest room inside. It's currently smaller than the Temple in the Imperial City, but I think I'll probably scale up to be about that same size. Of course there's always the option of catacombs.

We did let Black Marsh use the temple model for one location - Black Rose - the history of which is suposed to be ethnically linked to Elsweyr - see Blackrose Meshes and City Planning Thread 1: Blackrose for screenies - but we're not allowing the astrolisk to be used there as that's too culturally specific.

You can see all my screenies for the temples and the annex buildings I created to go with them on Photobucket.

That pale sandstone texture will probably go, to be replaced by a redder one to match the tone we're using for the badlands areas, and there is also a forest one - I'll probably create another one for the temperate north. I also need to remake the Astrolisk. I've learned a lot about modelling since I made that first version - I think it was about my second ever model!
Morcroft Darkes