Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
91's textures!
03-10-2006, 10:56 AM,
91's textures!
That would be my first texture... Here we have the normal brightness, the darkened on the upper part and darkened on the lower part wall velothi textures...

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8093/...01a2gd.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6471/...01b0tz.jpg
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7094/...01c1ce.jpg
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me
03-10-2006, 11:08 AM,

Bloody well done, 91!! :bananarock:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-10-2006, 11:13 AM,

Tee-Hee. Thanks Big Grin
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me
03-10-2006, 03:39 PM,

Dang :pop: - they look even sweeter wrapped around a mesh! Big Grin

I can't wait to see how it looks with bump- and specular-mapped walls! Again - fantastic job 91! :goodjob:

House mesh by Veet.
Entrance mesh by Razorwing.
Additional textures from Morrowind Visual Pack.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-10-2006, 03:56 PM,

Oh my....... VERY nice!

How am I ever going to live up to this when I try and make my Redoran skins? ;(

......Would you be interested in skinning some Redoran Huts? Big Grin
03-10-2006, 05:05 PM,

Haha! Yeah, indeed, I too think it looks quite good on the model!
However, I have bad news too :/ I don't know how to do the bump and specular thingies. Never learned how to do this Sad

Caligula Superfly I will help the project as much as I can! I'm glad you like my work although I can do much better! A yellow wall is not exactly the best way to demonstrate one's creativity ^^
I'd be quite interested in texturing some units or creatures Smile
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me
03-10-2006, 05:10 PM,

Beautiful! Now if only we could do something about that door....
03-10-2006, 05:32 PM,

Bump is a black and white version where the white is raised more and hte black is flat, the greyscale is the gradian of elevatin in between.

the specularity map is also a greyscale, which determines the reflectivity of light (not the pure image reflection we can make in very high renders). When you see the earth from space, the sun reflects off the water but not the land. So a specular mapf or the planet earth would be black land and white water (i think it's that way for max, maya is opposite, and i've been using maya lately)

Often times, making a black/white image of the original image can yield good results in the final material. But some materials have odd qualities that requre special bumps or specs, depending on what you want to accompliosh, like the aforementioned earth map.

If you can get them to me, the maps, bumps and specs, i can use them for the interiors if they are preferred to Quentin Fortune current set i am using, Yal will have to look at them and decide which yal like better :banana:
Nice work!
I'm like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs, except I was screwed with having 6 tails and flat feet...

www.spankybus.com - Homepage (professional - Under Construction)

www.spankybus.net - 3D version (under construction)
03-11-2006, 01:14 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by 91.css
Haha! Yeah, indeed, I too think it looks quite good on the model!
However, I have bad news too :/ I don't know how to do the bump and specular thingies. Never learned how to do this Sad

No worries, I can make them. :yes: It's a lot easier than one would think; grayscaling the original texture and fiddling with the light/contrast often does the trick. There's also a lot of premade bump maps that can be used, if all one wants is a bit of roughness to a surface, and I might end up using one of those. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
Beautiful! Now if only we could do something about that door....

How do you mean?
Angel mired in filth
03-11-2006, 01:47 AM,

Well, the archway looks a little too rounded to be the same structure, you know sort of bubble-shaped, and the golden girders on the door just need to change to a dark grey or disappear or something, because they stand out terribly. The model itself looks good overall though and the texture is amazing.