Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balmora Layout (final)
04-30-2007, 12:51 AM,
Balmora Layout (final)
Balmora
A bustling Hlaalu trade-city in Vvardenfell. Constructed on both banks of the Ouada Odai, this is one of the most prosperous cities in the District, second to Vivec City. The city has expanded in the 6 years since the Nerevarine's arrival and has become more metropolitan. While there is now a better trained guard-system, the largness of the city also creates divisions. The Balmora West Side is a more mercantile and wealthier sector, while the Balmora East Side is a poorer and laboring area. Thus, the Camonna Tong has incluence in the West-side South Wall, while a local collection of thugs and hustlers has influence in the East Side. Nobles and trade-princes reside in the Noble Courtyard, surrounded by the Market Street. Way in the back of the East Side, a sinkhole had appeared, and it has been discovered that it leads to Old Balmora, the ancient Palace of Vivec before its abandonment. The Palace had been built into the earth, and years of the Odai's flow had covered it with silt and gravel. Thus a Velohi Slum had grown near the excavation site, finding work as diggers and daring ruin-explorers.

[Image: balmorahg9.jpg]

Locations
  1. Balmora Dock House
    Tappius Esdrecus finds work guarding the Dock House which has documents and charts, as well as some equiptment.
  2. Boat Repair
    Only-He-Stands-There has picked up boat-repair as his job, it is a Bitter-Coast-style shack
  3. Balmora Strider Port
    Run by Selvil Sareloth, he usually hang out with the Council Club dudes
  4. Lucky Lockup
    This place is run by Benunius Agrudilius, the Imperial publican. The Southwall Cornerclub used to be for Thieves, the Council Club has Camonna Tong thugs, and so this place has been the favorite of outlanders.
  5. Council Club
    Ever since the bloodbath, the Camonna Tong has gotten more cautious and much more dangerous. The place is still run by Banor Seran and now has two new veteran thugs replacing the five lost, and are trained by the drillmasters. This is basically the Camonna Tong's local hideout
  6. Dralasa Nithryon: Pawnbroker
    Just a pawnbroker trying to get by. Gets a few hard-to-acquire items from her Camonna 'friends'
  7. Helseth Garden
    a little outdoor statue of King Helseth with three small islands of garden plants and three benches to sit on
  8. Clagius Clanler: Outfitter
    An Imperial general outfitter, has most of your basic adventuring needs
  9. Meldor: Armorer
    He is now in an uneasy partnership with Thorek to try to dominate the weapons and armor sales
  10. Dorisa Darvel: Bookseller
    She's a quiet book collector and seller and very well educated
  11. The Razor Hole
    He is now in an uneasy partnership with Meldor to try to dominate the weapons and armor sales
  12. Eight Plates
    This bar is run by Dulnea Ralaal, and normally occupied by Meril Hlaano, Alvis Teri, and Traven Marvos. Itermerel, a Guild-mage had left for Pelagiad. This is the favorite bar for native Hlaalu dunmer. They say the original owner, Ralaal's father, started the place with only 8 plates.
  13. Itan's House (building formerly shared with Fast Eddie)
    Itan now shares this home with his new wife Hul. The upper level is now used for storage, they plan to stockpile all sorts of junk to later sell, get enough money, and move to Black Marsh.
    ----- Itan and Hul's Storage
    Yeah, here is where they hoard the junk that'll supposedly buy them passage to Black Marsh
  14. Vori's House
    This is the House of the Nordic Acrobat
  15. Karlirah's House
    She's a middle-class Redguard woman falling to Stargel's seductions
  16. Tsiya's House
    The home of a Khajiit, she collaborates with smugglers
  17. Ra'Virr: Trader
    you all know him, dirty lil' trader... he's getting rich now
  18. Guild of Mages
    Ranis Athrys is no longer around, and has been in hiding, but still watching out for the Guild she loves. Nowadays, the Galbedir-Ajira struggles have increased and Masalinie Merian takes temporary control of the Guild hall.
  19. Guild of Fighters
    This is Balmora's Fighters Guild hall. They are now overseen mainly by Hasphat who is their senior member and most efficient and scholarly of them all. However their leader Eydis Fire-eye had been kicked out and she had gone on a quest to find Ald Redaynia to get the Bittercup.
  20. Tyravel Manor
    the manor of a Hlaalu noble and warrior, some say he's a likely Councilor in time... due to the fact there is so much tension the Hlaalu will need a military-minded leader around to make sure they live
  21. Hlaalu Council Manor
    This is the Hlaalu seat of power in Balmora and is where the Hlaalu Councilors will relay their orders to Nileno Dorvayn who interviews prospective new recruits of Great House Hlaalu.
  22. Morag Tong Guild
    This is the local Morag Tong Guild hall. Ethasi Rilvayn is the local leader.
  23. Milie Hastien: Fine Clothier
    She's a rich Breton clothier, and provides all the rich folks in the Noble Courtyard with clothing
  24. Nalcarya of White Haven: Fine Alchemist
    She's a rich alchemist and is secretly trying to formulate a love potion to win over Tyermaillin
  25. Balmora Duelist Club (formerly Hlaalo Manor)
    After Ralen Hlaalo's murder, the Hlaalo Clan built Hlaalo Keep on the eastern Ascadians and sold Hlaalo Manor to be made into a dueling club for nobles. Uryne Nirith, the family servant had left for Hlaalo Keep some time ago. Anden Arethi runs the dueling club.
  26. Nerano Manor
    The home of a wealthy Hlaalu noble and merchant
  27. Western Guard Tower North
    home to two guards, a night guard and a day guard for the Noble Courtyard. These two guards guard the courtyard itself
  28. Western Guard Tower South
    home to two guards, a night guard and a day guard for the Noble Courtyard, these two guards patrol the Market Street
  29. Balmora Temple
    The clergy here try hard to instill piousness in the Hlaalu, but find that only the poor are hopeful prospects.
  30. Balmora Armory
    Basically a depot where the Hlaalu have stockpiled LOTS of weapons, a guard is usually standing around here.
  31. Balmora Guard Office
    Phynicus Melanius now professionally trains the Hlaalu guards of Balmora, making them quite efficient. This Hlaalu tower contains 6 beds, some arms, a temporary cell for a caught criminal, and records and documents. There are five guards here, one is always guarding the office, another the Armory, and then the other three guard patrol the garrison and around the Temple.
  32. Shargam gro-Shadulg's House (formerly Hecerinde's House)
    When Hecerinde was killed, Shargam found a convenient home for himself. He's a big participant in the gang struggles here, only when he's drunk or angry... which is often since he lost his job to the Velothi newcomers
  33. Dralosa Athren's House
    a poor dunmer woman, she's been caught taking stuff from the local crates and boxes, not that others don't... hehe... good times getting rich off all the stuff in those boxes, you guys remember that?
  34. Drarayne Thelas' House
    A quiet pillow-loving lady. She loves her pillows, but hates rats. He also dislikes how her neighborhood is becoming a gutter.
    ----- Drarayne Thelas' Storage - lots of pillows here
  35. Caelomas' Tower-house (formerly Dura gra-Bol's House)
    When she-orc was killed, Altmeri necromancer moved in... he's got more than one skeleton in HIS closet
  36. Rasha's House (formerly Balyn Omarel's House)
    Rasha has made big money over the years selling clothes to Bivale Teneran. He now resides in relative luxury in Balmora. He's friends with Only-He-Stands-There and tries to make sure his seemingly poor and helpless buddy stays out of trouble.
  37. Rarayn Radarys' House
    He's involved with Vedam Ules recently and hates the poor Velothi folks with a passion.
  38. Nine Toes' House
    He's been framed before, but he's a quiet member of the East Side
  39. Dralcae Arethi's House
    a commoner woman's home, plain and simple
  40. Vedam Ules' House
    the home of a thug and trouble-maker, got out of Moonmoth prison recently
  41. South Wall Cornerclub
    This place is all bloody, wrecked, and abandoned. A note onthe front from the Balmora guard asks all citizens to please not enter. All the Guild-thieves were massacred within.
  42. Southeast Guard Tower
    home to two guards, a night guard and a day guard for the East Side, they patrol the East Side along the Odai and on the South Wall
  43. Astius Hanotepelus' House
    He's a poor Imperial who moved here from Cyrodiil a LONG time ago. He hasn't made any profits and is too ashamed to return to Cyrodiil... and recently has gotten involved in brawls and gangs
  44. Rithleen's House
    She's a tough Redguard warrior and partof the Blades. People generally don't mess with her.
  45. Tyermaillin's House
    he is a Blade and the quiet type. He refuses any love between him and Nalcarya of White Haven since he believes he should make no comminitments as a secret operative, however he cannot tell her that.
  46. Vorar's Helas' House
    this guy is poor and hungry and has recently gotton hooked on skooma.
  47. Cute Zebati's (formerly Caius Cosades' House)
    she is an alcohol addicted, and poor prostitute... she's only poor cause she spend her money on booze,otherwise she'd be rich considering the number of customers she gets...
  48. Northeast Guard Tower
    home to two guards, a night guard and a day guard for the East Side. They patrol the East Side streets.
  49. Asanapumu's Home
    Asanapumu and Uupse Manat live in this Velothi hut together, they are a very messy couple
  50. Neskunilet's Home
    an old miner, he lives here all alone, in a humble Velothi hut
  51. Big Kazi's Home
    Big Kazi and Sasa Kushkallet live here in this Velothi hut, they are very religious to the Temple
  52. Sashillanat's Home
    He's a poor miner living in a Velothi hut.
  53. Hunuat: Tanner
    Hunuat Assimbal is the local tanner. He's quite good at it, but locals dislike the smells of the tannery. He lives in a 'bitter coast-style' shack.
  54. Velothi Clanhall
    Thisis a Velothi building and here drinks are served and gossip exchanged. The Velothi men also do a little training in case they are embroiled in a gang war. Kolum Missamanu, a semi-wealthy Velothi acts like a hetman and also manages the excavation of Old Balmora - Vivec's Palace. Hashraminat is the guy's assassin and henchman.
    ----- Secret Armory - the scared newly immigrated Velothi hoard a bunch of weapons in the basement of the Clanhall.
  55. Balmora Excavation Site
    A sink hole has revealed the ruins of Vivec's Balmora Palace. It was abandoned long ago. The Balmora Temple is looking for someone worthy to explore the Palace and report back to them. It will be a big underground hall with Velothi architecture and pillars and a room where there are blueprints and plans for a grand cross-shaped city. The palace was abandoned when Vivec decided to move into his Vivec City Palace... after the second era began.

NPCs of Balmora - 106(?) of them I think
(20 Hlaalu guards)
Anden Arethi - male dunmer warrior, proffesional duelist and trainer
Ajira - female Khajiit, alchemist in Mages Guild, sworn enemy of Galbedir
Alvis Teri - Dunmer male, rogue
Angahran - female Dunmer assassin, Morag Tong
Aurnie Vanne - female Breton monk training, in Hlaalu
Asanapumu - poor Velothi male, miner
Astius Hanotepelus - poor Imperial man, Commoner
Banor Seran - middle-class Dunmer male, Publican/bartender and Camonna Tong
Benunius Agrudilius - male Imperial publican/bartender
Big Kazi - poor Velothi male, miner
Bolnor Andrani - male dunmer assassin, Hlaalu
Briras Tyravel - Noble Dunmer male, Hlaalu warrior
Caelomas - male High Elf mage... more like a necromancer
Chuna - male Argonian bard
Culumaire - female high elf commoner
Clagius Clanler - middle-class Imperial male, trader
Danar Dalomo - male dunmer scout, Hlaalu
Dondos Driler - male dunmer noble, Hlaalu
Dorisa Darvel - middle-class Dunmer woman, bookseller
Dralasa Nithryon - middle-class Dunmer woman, pawnbroker
Dralcea Arethi - poor female dunmer commoner
Dralosa Athren - poor female Dunmer pauper
Dralval Andrano - male Dunmer apothecary, Temple
Dranas Dradas - male dunmer, Camonna Tong drillmaster
Drarayne Thelas - lower-class Dunmer woman, commoner and pillow lover
Dulnea Ralaal - middle-class Dunmer woman, publican
Ethasi Rilvayn - female dunmer nightblade, Morag Tong, local leader
Estirdalin - female High Elf, mage training service in Mages Guild
Falvel Arenim - male Dunmer savant, Hlaalu
Fasile Charascel - female Breton scout, in the Fighters Guild
Feldrelo Sadri - male dunmer monk, Temple, concerned with his elder kinswomen's health back in Mournhold
Flaenia Amiulusus - female Imperial drillmaster, Fighters Guild
Galbedir - female wood elf, enchanter in Mages Guild
Gilyan Sedas - male dunmer assassin, Morag Tong
Hashraminat - male dunmer assassin, he's Kolum Missamanu's right-hand man
Hasphat Antabolis - male Imperial drillmaster, in Fighters Guild and a local scholar
Heddvild - female Nord barbarian, she wants to join the Fighters Guild but though she acts tough, she has very low self-esteem, cheer her up and she'll give you a mug of mead and join the Guild... its not like anyone would normally bother to help a foul mouthed macho Nord lady anyhow
Hickim - male Redguard assassin, Morag Tong
Hul - female Argonian pauper, married to Itan and living with him
Hunuat Assimbal - poor Velothi male, tanner
Ilen Faveran - male dunmer enchanter, Temple
Imare - female High Elf nightblade, Hlaalu
Itan - poor Argonian male commoner, married Hul
Karlirah - middle-class female Redguard, commoner
Llandras Belaal - poor Dunmer male, ex-Dreamer, has joined the Camonna Tong
Llarara Omayn - female dunmer priestess, Temple
Llathyno Hlaalu - female dunmer priestess, Temple
Marayn Dren - Dunmer male, mage training service, Mages Guild
Masalinie Merian - female Breton Guild-guide, in the Mages Guild
Meldor - male wood elf smith
Meril Hlaano - male Noble Dunmer, Hlaalu
Mervs Uvayn - male Dunmer agent, Hlaalu
Methas Hlaalu - male Dunmer noble, Morag Tong
Milie Hastien - rich female Breton clothier
Kolum Missamanu - male dunmer, publican, Velothi master of clanhall
Nachael - male Redguard agent, Morag Tong
Nalcarya of White Haven - rich female high elf alchemist, likes Tyermaillin
Nileno Dorvayn - female dunmer, thief and representative of Hlaalu
Nine-Toes - male Argonian hunter, Blade
Neskunilet - poor Velothi male, miner
Ondres Nerano - noble Dunmer male, Hlaalu merchant
Only-He-Stands-There - male Argonian Healer, wasn't there in the Massacre of Thieves, works at the Boat Repair
Phynicus Melanius - guard coordinator and drillmaster, male Imperial
Rarayn Radarys - lower-class male Dunmer, commoner
Rasha - male Argonian trader, now rich and comfortably living in what WAS Balyn Omarel's home
Ra'Virr - male Khajiit trader, fat greedy sugar loving lil' bastard
Rithleen - female Redguard warrior, Blade
Sasa Kushkallet - female Dunmer commoner, Velothi wife of Big Kazi
Sashillanat - poor Velothi male, miner and smuggler
Selvil Sareloth - male dunmer strider rider
Shannat Pansamsi - male Dunmer monk trainer, Morag Tong
Shargam gro-Shadulg - male orc commoner
Sharn gra-Muzgob - female Orc, healer in Mages Guild, rumored to have necromantic dealings
Stargel - middle-class Redguard male, he's a player and has been flirting with local women
Tappius Esdrecus - male Imperial warrior who associated with the Thieves Guild, now guards the Dock House
Tedryn Brenur - male dunmer, Camonna Tong master-at-arms
Telis Salvani - male dunmer healer, Temple
Thorek - male Nordic smith
Todwendy - female Redguard agent, an expert in daggers and knives
Traven Marvos - male Dunmer, Hlaalu rogue
Tsiya - female Khajiit commoner, drug traffiker
Tyermaillin - High Elf male, healer and Blade
Vedam Ules - male Dunmer gangster, he causes a lot of trouble here in the East side
Vorar Helas - male dunmer commoner
Uupse Manat - wife of Asanapumu, female dunmer
Vori - Nordic acrobat (gender???)
Wayn - male Redguard, smith and Guild-fighter
Zebati - poor Velothi female prostitute and alcoholic

[/hr]
Dave_91, here's the blueprint I promised to make :yes:
holy sh*t this took my whole afternoon and evening! :eek:
04-30-2007, 12:59 AM,

Holy crap! That many NPCs? That is insane! More NPC's than Cyrodiil's cities, thats for sure!
The rider in black is always watching......
04-30-2007, 01:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hector the Hooded
Holy crap! That many NPCs? That is insane! More NPC's than Cyrodiil's cities, thats for sure!

well, I added more guards... took out all Thieves Guild and those 5 Camonna Tong you had to kill, added a bunch of newcomers... yeah, thats about right, makes sense for the kind of growth in 6 years.... of course this is realistic...
and well... Cyrodiil is supposed to be the largest provinceand have A LOT of people along the more fertile and habitable regions and cities... yeah right, Balmora owns Cyrodiil any day in variety and population size... in our mod

remember there is 2x space so it'll seem a lot, but Balmora won't be as 'big' as it used to seem, it'll feel like a very tighly packed city in a river valley, since all the land around is like 2x the size from TES3's time...

and of course in its planning *pat myself on the back*
04-30-2007, 01:06 AM,

True. Vvardenfell doesn't really have that many little "farms and inns" so, I think it fits!
The rider in black is always watching......
04-30-2007, 01:09 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hector the Hooded
True. Vvardenfell doesn't really have that many little "farms and inns" so, I think it fits!
yeah, I mean mos tof the land is verywild and unsettled and you don't have guards patrolling in the wilderness... thats known as suicide Big Grin so cities tend to be small but clustered and filled with peoples....

you should try reading the descriptions of the locations and the NPCs, I put a lotof thought into some of them, weaving a general story of the place
04-30-2007, 01:12 AM,

Awesome work, al those NPC's.... :eek:
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
04-30-2007, 01:17 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
Awesome work, al those NPC's.... :eek:
I would've been done in half the time if it weren't for all those NPCs, tracking them down, getting their info, making stories for them... but hey I love what I do and if I do something, it better be done right, mgiht as well anyhow

glad you like it
04-30-2007, 01:31 AM,

I recognised about 3 names Blush

"On top of the world"
04-30-2007, 01:59 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
I recognised about 3 names Blush
oh, I knew about 13 names on that list... I had to track down everyone else on that list
now i feel like a Balmora expert... and now I should be studying for a test tomorrow
04-30-2007, 02:01 AM,

What subject? Tongue

"On top of the world"