Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boats and such(scripting)
09-30-2005, 01:49 PM,
Boats and such(scripting)
We'll need to script some boats/mounts to make the travel in VF realistic. Also, I think we're going to want some roving bands of brigands on boats for morrowind/blacklight area, just to make travel interesting.

BTW are we implementing necrom in any way?
A Land Far away-Hardcore role playing Neverwinter Persistant world
Current PC- Nekrovor Ril'or-drow wizard
09-30-2005, 03:23 PM,

We could either have them be the instant travel like in Morrowind but I'd much rather have them actually be rideable. This would be interesting with the new physicians engine. I have a feeling there will be floating platforms in Oblivion so something similiar to those could be done. Maybe they will even have boats that move which would make it really easy for us.
09-30-2005, 04:43 PM,

Someone has done a mod like this for TES3, it's called Ultimate Galleon. I think it's available on the Summit.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
09-30-2005, 07:42 PM,
RE: Boats and such(scripting)
Quote:Originally posted by Nekulor
We'll need to script some boats/mounts to make the travel in VF realistic. Also, I think we're going to want some roving bands of brigands on boats for morrowind/blacklight area, just to make travel interesting.

BTW are we implementing necrom in any way?

1- yes it would be.... very interesting if pirates are present... like Nordic Reavers or something
2-

landmass:
Vvardenfell (yes Vvardenfell)
Bal Falls, Narsis
Firewatch & Telvanni Isles
Mournhold, Ald Sotha, Othrensis, Necrom, Tear

...so that answers your Necrom question...
09-30-2005, 10:04 PM,

Quote:Someone has done a mod like this for TES3, it's called Ultimate Galleon. I think it's available on the Summit.
Yup

You could proberly convert the triganomity scripts from UG to TES4 No problem

*Waves hand in air*
But if you are doing boats, I am doing the meshes :yes:

I like doing boat meshes Tongue
:y: :a: :c: :o: :b: :y:

Aparantly I have a website, it is suposidly Here

Thanks to silgrad
09-30-2005, 11:18 PM,

All we know is that boats will be in Oblivion and that we'll most likely get to travel on them, but really specific things like scripting is hard to plan for until we really have the game up and running I think. 3D boat models on the other hand is something we have proof that we can use, so both models and concept art would be highly useful I think, if the guys and girls here feel up to it Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-30-2005, 11:53 PM,

I should be able to convert madmax's scripts but i will need some help with the math portions (trig is next year in school, I'm in geometry). also , I'll need some time to get oriented in the new ob script architecture.
A Land Far away-Hardcore role playing Neverwinter Persistant world
Current PC- Nekrovor Ril'or-drow wizard
09-30-2005, 11:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Nekulor
I should be able to convert madmax's scripts but i will need some help with the math portions (trig is next year in school, I'm in geometry). also , I'll need some time to get oriented in the new ob script architecture.

hehe.... in my school... I did geometry last year.. this year algebra 2... next advanced math and trig., math.... I like and I hate it....
10-01-2005, 11:50 AM,

Can we have real sailing phyisics?

E.g. You won't be able to sail the boat in a storm

and can we have some smaller sailing boats, like this:
[Image: Boat10.jpg]
:y: :a: :c: :o: :b: :y:

Aparantly I have a website, it is suposidly Here

Thanks to silgrad
10-01-2005, 06:52 PM,

....wow.... cool!

by the way... I think boating would b cool... like a tiny sailboat... a canoe.. or a coracle....

as for mounts... horses are already in... but I'm not averse to putting in Guars as mounts...