Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camonna Tong: ideas & discussion
02-03-2006, 12:39 AM,
Camonna Tong: ideas & discussion
Cammona Tong is the local Morrowind criminal syndicate. It has the support of a lot of patriotic Dunmer youth and is anti-Imperial. Its greatest enemy is the Thieves Guild from the Imperials. The Cammona Tong is brutal and has conections in the politics of the Great Houses, avoiding hard punitive action taken out on it. The Cammona Tong recently had a set-back of Orvas Dren being blackmailed, its Balmora gang being slaughtered, and its hold on the Fighters Guild lessened. The smugglers and gangs also have trouble with the influence that the Sixth House has on the blackmarket... no one there knows who is regular and who is an agent of the Dagoths...

Long story short....
enemy: Thieves Guild, Imperials
ties with: Hlaalu, Dres?
fears the: 6th House
job/role: thugs, smugglers, terrorist

anyhow, that's a background, post your ideas...

on the 6th House and Cammona Tong:

Quote:from TES3 main quest

:Sixth House cult:
"This Addhiranirr knows about, because it is about smuggling. Some smart smugglers are suddenly too busy for their old clients, because they have a new employer, the Sixth House, who pays VERY well. But what do they smuggle now? Addhiranirr doesn't know, because they are very secret. And this is odd, because these smugglers are always loud and bragging, and now they hush up like fat-bellied kitties full of sweet-meats."

:Smuggling:
"Smuggling is big business. The Empire says we can't trade skooma, moon sugar, ebony, Dwemer artifacts, exotic Dunmer weapons and armor, and slaves. So smugglers trade these things. Smugglers also smuggle greef, shein, and sujamma to avoid Imperial tax. And now the Sixth House hires smugglers, though what they smuggle, Addhiranirr cannot say."
Quote:Orvas Dren
:Hlaalu Hortator:
"I have long believed it was a mistake to turn from the old gods. Perhaps Azura is with you after all. And perhaps not. I will tell you that I've spoken with Dagoth Ur. He promised me the same thing. That he will drive the foreigners from our lands. But I am not one to ignore opportunity, nor am I one to be troubled by rubbing two sides of a coin. If you are a dunmer of your word, I am your ally. I will tell Velanda Omani and Nevena Ules to support you as Hortator of House Hlaalu."

Quote:Crassius Curio

Orvas Dren:
"He is the head of the Camonna Tong and lives in a plantation in the Ascadian Isles. You may be able to bribe him or trick him. He despises the Empire, and I have heard rumors that he has made some kind of deal with the Sixth House."

on the inclusion of all races:
my idea is that you will need to talk to Orvas Dren and he will give you a task....
you need to kill one of you own.... so then "magically" just outside Dren Plantation is a lone ___ and you go kill it and return to Dren... Orvas Dren will then allow you in the Cammona Tong.
if you notice, a lot of Dren's buddies are not all Dunmer... he has a few exceptions to his hate n'wah rule...
some outlanders he deems worthy to live with Dunmer... some of them...

anyhow he is like a mafia/terrorist guy...
02-03-2006, 12:47 AM,

In my opinion, it shouldn't have extremely strong ties with Hlaalu, just shaky, even though what's his name is pretty high up there. Due to Hlaalu's imperial acceptance, maybe there should be some breaking alliances?
02-03-2006, 12:53 AM,

well... the Cammona Tong still has support of my radical young Dunmer who are also patriotic...
and that includes any Dunmer from any House... but the most heavily anti-Imperial would be Dres... then come Redoran and Indoril... then Telvanni who hate them too but not quite as much.... and then the Hlaalu who like them... but most hate 'em...

still, not ALL hlaalu are for the Imperials... remember, Hlaalu is mercantile.. and in a trade-society, people get pushed down while others climb... those living tough lives or in poverty... they won't like the Imperials... even though they are Hlaalu....

I agree, the ties with Hlaalu is less now...

Hlaalu has done a good job purging itself of both corruption and the Cammona Tong.... but it isn't perfect...
02-03-2006, 12:56 AM,

Hlaalu has never done anything wrong. Don't let those mean redoran tell you otherwise, they are liars. Liars and cheats. Let mother hlaalu lull you back to sleep.
02-03-2006, 01:07 AM,

Hlaalu... aiya...
more a fan of Telvanni, where death is a comfortable part of life... it is a power to the strongest society.... probably helped them survive when they were a small less populous group of Velothi migrants....
02-03-2006, 02:37 AM,

Repost from "Balmora" thread:

Quote:Here's my "quest arc" idea (and here's hoping I'm not just parroting someone else's post). What if you start out as a low ranking Cammona Tong member in another Vvardenfell city (say, the apparently large Cammona Tong base under Hla Oad?) After performing enough quests for various leaders and raising your abilities to the right level (all that jazz) you are given the task of retaking the town of Balmora.

You set up your base of operations at the Council Club, just like old times, and by wheeling-and-dealing local thugs, lawmen, and smugglers while at the same time taking territory back from the local gangs and the Thieves Guild (by whatever means necessary) and all while performing activities within and outside the grey areas of the law; assert the dominance of the Cammona Tong...and just when you think you're done, they pull you back in (Ok, bad joke.)

On the opposite side of this underground conflict, you can fight back as either the Thieves Guild or anyone else who's power would be compromised. I think this would be a fun way to reestablish the Cammona Tong and actually have the PC be involved in its story. Thanks for reading all my ramblings.

(Disclaimer: Any thoughts, actions or double entendres presented in the above draft are in no way based on real events. Cammona Tong? What Cammona Tong?! I've never heard of 'em before! And neither have you! And if you have you better forget about it right now before you need a little harsher persuading! Capisci, N'wah?

(Note: Putting guar head's in beds is optional)

By the way KuKulzA, I agree that the Cammona Tong should be "Dunmer's only". If nothing else, it may be possible to get minor, one time quests, such as transporting elicit goods or being hired on as a goon/extra muscle for raids against local gangs for non-dunmer.
"Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy."
F. Scott Fitzgerald
02-03-2006, 02:38 AM,

good idea putting the quote here Joe Venice :goodjob:

the problem with such a hateful environment is that local/native factions become very race limited... betmer will only accept betmer as members, Nords only northmen, Cammona Tong only Dunmer.But religions will accept all, so will Imperial institutions. I think we need to work out all of the details about this... I think we get the general rule.....
the Cammona Tong is like a Thieves Guild/Fighters Guild.... need to be good at both....

so give suggestions... or are you slow to come?

[Image: ashghoul35qv.gif]...I am listening ...don't worry... :brew:
02-03-2006, 10:43 PM,

I say their should be a Dark Brotherhood quest to kill a commona tong scum.
02-03-2006, 11:15 PM,

I like Cammona Tong over DBhood.... but that's me...
but mayble that can be in a DBhood thread... dob't hesitate
02-03-2006, 11:31 PM,

I don't think the Dark brotherhood should have a foothold on Vvardenfell. They should stick to the mainland, but remember, they can't be in mournhold since the Nerevarine wiped them out. I think we should make a Morag Tong thread though. I hope they come to more power 6 years later..