-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
03-02-2007, 08:29 PM,

New Stuff.

Gasan:

Full

Blade

Blade 2

Just a Tanto. I am "finished" with the Samurai plate and the Fire Lancer outfit + Staff. Each can still be tweaked a bit, but the bulk of the work is finished. I need a bit of help because I can't get the transparent map on the Staff to work in game, if anyone can point me to a solution I would be greatly appreciative.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
03-02-2007, 11:29 PM,

I like what I see.
03-03-2007, 01:09 AM,

Ah... the work of Gassan... Sadakazu i think, i love blades of the Gassan den, the late period blades have the finest engravings i have ever seen.
Gassan swords are often easy to identify, they typically have a clear wave pattern on their blades (it's called ayasugi hada).
A very nice tanto Corthian :goodjob:

Some CC: The sharp edge of the point of the blade could look a bit more smooth, maybe you could add some polygons to it to make the tanto look even better Smile

I have no idea about how to fix the transparent map problem, but you could ask around on the forums for help.
Akavir mod leader.
03-03-2007, 01:11 AM,

New stuff.

Taneyoshi:

Pic

Ojou:

Full

Hilt

Fire Lance:

Full

Head

Fire Lancer:

Pic

Just some stuff I finished. The Fire Lancer uniform needs a bit of tweaking. I can't get the transparency ingame for Fire Lance, I guess I need to brush-up on my DDS etiquette .
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
03-03-2007, 01:23 AM,

They look awesome :goodjob:

You got a lot of blades with engravings, what website did you get them from? ?(
Akavir mod leader.
03-03-2007, 01:37 AM,

I got them from http://www.nihontoantiques.com/

The gallery section is awesome, it includes pictures of every sword they have ever sold. Each picture comes with scale pictures of the blade, the lengths of which can reach 3,200 pixels.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
03-03-2007, 01:52 AM,

O that's where you got them from, i don't often check out that site because i'm always on sites that have a lot of blades for sale.

Did you see the size of this sword? http://www.nihontoantiques.com/polishing..._sword.htm

It's almost as long as mine, but mine is not as wide, that sword blade is 40"long, mine is 44.7"long, i love giant blades Big Grin
Well, we still need an o-dachi :yes:

EDIT: It looks like i was right about the Gassan blade in one of my previous posts in this thread, Gassan Sadakazu... awesome! =)
I'm making sword appraisal look easy now, but it's not, this one just happened to be very easy.
For most blades to be appraised correctly, i would have to see the tang of the real sword, not just a pic of the blade on a 3d model, and it would be best to hold the blade in my hands to get the best result.
Akavir mod leader.
03-03-2007, 04:40 AM,

I believe you Kodama. My parents are into various kinds of antiques and they need to see them in person to id some of them too.
03-03-2007, 10:03 PM,

I was thinking of posting a few pictures of my stuff on the ES forums to build more anticipation, and maybe recruit more people. What do you think?
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.