Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corthian's work
03-14-2007, 04:02 AM,
New nifs
Ack, I need to get the sword stuff together, too. -_-* Hectic week ...

Anyway, I received the new meshes, Corthian. They look great! Big Grin Are you just wanting me to make icons for them, or where there other things to be done for them, too? And I noticed one was labeled "captain" -- so if any of them need to be included with the military uniform group, I need to know that, too. I will start on those after a bit of break.
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
03-14-2007, 04:15 AM,

Take your time Kielanai.

And you can make icons for them if you want to :check:
Akavir mod leader.
03-14-2007, 05:28 PM,

The names are pretty pointless. I just thought you could use them to create more clothes. I would explain better but my keyboard is being a pain, it took me 20 min to type this...
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
03-15-2007, 11:05 AM,
Ah, okay.
Well, I saw the swords and I wasn't sure. No way I could retexture those. :eek: LoL!

Okay, so I will do this clothing after the uniforms, then. ^_^
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
03-15-2007, 09:22 PM,

I don't really know why I put those swords in there...

Any way I would like to get any and all weapon models finished in the next couple of weeks. I was wondering if Akavir would use the same weapon class system as in Oblivion (iron, steel, silver, etc...). How exactly will that work out? Up until now I have been making unique weapons, and I don't plan on modeling four or five versions of every weapon.

First off, I think the metals used should be (in order of strength):

Bronze (no self-respecting sword smith would make a weapon out of untreated iron),
Steel (Duh),
Hagane (replaces silver),
Jade (replaces glass),
Ebony (I can't think of a good replacement), and
Dragon Ivory (Forged from the bones of dragons, replaces deadric).

Second, I realize there are many different types of weapons in Akavir, I propose that I will follow the oblivion weapon classes for each type, example: one long blade, short blade, dagger, two-handed blade, one-handed blunt, two-handed blunt.

The Bronze set will include ancient Jian type Chinese weapons,
the Steel set will include tachi type samurai weapons,
the Hagane set will include high quality tachi type samurai weapons,
the Jade set will include dao type Chinese weapons,
the Ebony set will include tachi type samurai weapons,
the Dragon Ivory set will include weapons which will not fit into any pre-described genre.

Third, the prevalence of non-type weapons will be much higher in Akavir, meaning unique weapons will be numerous, nearly a third of the weapons modeled will not fit into these classes.

Criticism is welcome. I am just trying to make it easier on myself.

I better get to work.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
03-16-2007, 03:01 AM,

Yeah that list is almost the same as what i had in mind, i like jade, we could say that it's a harder and tougher version of glass.
Don't forget dragon scales, there will be a couple of different colors of dragon scale armor (like black and red).
Akavir mod leader.
03-16-2007, 02:06 PM,

If you don't like ebony, how about diamond?

I see no need to make the same weapon out of different materials either. You are doing a wonderful job Corthian.
03-17-2007, 01:25 AM,
Meh, ...
I'm no good at taking sword pictures, so I will leave that to someone else. I did at least manage to get bigger pictures, but most of them are still not good angles and stuff. Here are the best two.

Katana 1

Katana2

I agree with this list as well. No need to duplicate extra work for yourself and the more unique an item is, the more it's going to be appreciated, rather than seeing the same weapon done five different ways. I will probably collect the jade weapons. :yes:
Design Assistant

03-17-2007, 04:36 AM,

I like the dragon on the blade Big Grin

Ok, i have created a new thread for the materials used for armor and weapons.
Akavir mod leader.
03-18-2007, 12:44 AM,

I have all but finished the the Bronze weapon set.

Dagger

Short Sword

Long Sword

Claymore

Mace

War Hammer

War Axe

Battle Axe

Criticism is welcome.

What should I work on next?
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.