Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corthian's work
03-03-2007, 10:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Corthian
I was thinking of posting a few pictures of my stuff on the ES forums to build more anticipation, and maybe recruit more people. What do you think?

Good idea, go right ahead Corthian :goodjob:
We can always use more help, and people will know that we are still alive :yes:
Akavir mod leader.
03-06-2007, 04:34 AM,

New stuff.

Leather Armor

Just a cuirass.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
03-06-2007, 07:04 AM,
Very nice. ^_^
You are so talented with these meshes, Corthian. My katana has a dragon etched into the blade, and then a gold and copper dragon on the black saya (gold hilt, gold tassles). I think I have a picture of it (or I can take one when I buy new batteries), if you have any need for it on anything.
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
03-06-2007, 07:04 PM,

Hey, i want to see a picture of your katana Kielanai :yes:

I would have never guessed that you own something like that Big Grin

EDIT: Oops! I forgot say: Well done Corthian! :goodjob:
The armor looks like a "kikko-do" (brigandine cuirass, hexagon shaped steel plates covered with cloth).

EDIT AGAIN: And this is IMPORTANT for the progress of the mod, we have need of a simple interior tile set, we will need:
2 Room corners, one with a tatami floor, and an identical one with a wooden floor.
2 Wall pieces that can connect the corners, again one with a tatami floor, and one with a wooden floor.
2 Middle pieces of a room, no walls... just the floor and ceiling, one with a tatami floor, and one with a wooden floor.
2 Stairs against a wall, one stairs with the wall on it's right side, and another stairs with the wall on it's left side, this one should only have a wooden floor, no tatami.
I think that's all we need, but if anyone has a good idea, post it.
Akavir mod leader.
03-06-2007, 11:10 PM,

Kodama I would love to do that, but it might not be completely necessary. I think a retex will be good enough. Eh, What do I know? I will look get on it.

I have also edited the heck out of that kikko-do, I think it is for the better.

EDIT: The Basement tileset can easily be skinned to create the tiles we need.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
03-06-2007, 11:41 PM,

The interiors of the vanilla Oblivion houses are not suitable for retexture because they have very odd shapes, just like the houses.
I think a tile set like i planned will be a usefull modders resource, it will allow modders to create normal shaped rooms of any size.
We will need mirrored to do the collision for us, i'm sure the Void mod could also use the tile set.

You have edited the kikko-do?
Like... reshaped or retextured it?

Edit: The basement? Ok, if you think that will work, i think each tile should be 10 foot square, or something like that.
Akavir mod leader.
03-07-2007, 06:29 AM,
My Katana
katana pictures

My regular camera has bad batteries. I took these with the video camera. If you need more detail, I can try again with the other camera after I go shopping this weekend.

This is the only katana set I have. I'm not a collector, and I don't actually do any kinds of martial arts (except taiko, which is considered the martial art of sound; very physical and just as sacred in traditions, but no, nothing like karate or kendou). ^_^ I watch many exhibitions when they are given and my neighbor at my old house was a black belt and instructor. But I bought this because I just really liked it. Sorry, can't tell more about it.
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
03-07-2007, 08:43 PM,

Yeah... that looks like a typical "mogito" (a decorative sword made of zinc-aluminum alloy that isn't sharp) or as most people would call it: wall hanger.

Photographing sword blades is very difficult, even more if you plan to use it as a texture for a 3d model, light reflection is what makes it so difficult.
I miss pictures of the kissaki, the habaki, the side of the tsuka and a picture of the kashira, all of those should be taken as close as possible.
Also, a picture of both sides of the entire blade would be nice, take the pictures as close as you can so everything can be seen properly.

Wink

Edit: How much did you pay for it, and where did you buy it?
Akavir mod leader.
03-10-2007, 07:52 AM,
Oh, I'm sure it's for show.
I don't remember how much it cost, but it was bought from a sword merchant at a market with lots of other Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, Turkish type things being sold. That's actually where I like to do most of my shopping for unusual things because they have antiques and fun, personal people. ^_^

It's definitely not sharpened. I have batteries now, so I will try the camera again tomorrow.
Design Assistant

03-10-2007, 05:03 PM,

We have markets like that where i live too, it's funny how the "sword merchants" try to sell their "swords" to people, they will say things like: it's made of the finest steel. (but i know they are not).
It's fun to talk to those people, but i'm a bit worried about the $36 sharpened "katana" from Afganistan that are sold by some internet shops, they break when people use them.
Yeah, i like markets with "personal" people, and their "antiques" too Big Grin

Ok, i hope the pictures will look good enough to see the details Smile
Akavir mod leader.