Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepen Moor [Claimed]
03-25-2007, 05:13 AM,
Deepen Moor [Claimed]
This is an outdated thread. For more recent information regarding Deepen Moor, please refer to the Region Updates thread or see the Deepen Moor Dungeons board.

black[/hr]
See Information for Region Modders for important modding information.
[title]What is Deepen Moor?[/title]

--- Claimed by kingevil ------

Deepen Moor is a large bog in the center of our landmass, bordered by the Silgrad Tower region to the southwest, Deepen Meadows to the southeast, Ashunor Valley to the east, the Reich Parkeep region to the north and the Forgotten Forest to the west. Please consult the map for more detailed info.

A permanent mist covers the soggy ground, hiding pockets of water, crawling critters, traps and other threats. Because of the treacherous ground the bog is ardous to move around on, so it's become a popular haven for outlaws who've memorized safe passages.

The river Ashunor flows in an upside-down U-turn around the bog, and has formed a lake due north of Deepen Moor. Lake Ashunor is rather pleasant and popular among local fishermen. If you want to you can situate a small village on any side of the lake. It should be either Redoran or Imperial in architecture.

[title]Generation Preset[/title]

? Choose a set of landscape textures for the region and use/generate them on the alotted land as appropriate. Don't use the 'bw' or 'hd' sets from Qarl's landscape texture pack as they're already in use. You can use default landscape textures if you like, that wouldn't be a problem, but custom textures are better - not only because they'll give variety compared to the main game, but also because it gives such excellent control over them afterwards. If a better replacement for a particular texture appears six months down the line all one would have to do would be to switch files, without any need to mess up your work.

? Detail the landscape with the following assets:
[indent][/indent]- Shingle oak trees (From the Tree>SilgradShingeOak list)*
[indent][/indent]- Bitter Coast rocks (from the Static>ST>Rocks list)
[indent][/indent]- Mooncap, Tef, Tkapod, and Wood Ear (Flora>ST>Flora>Shroom); Stinkhorn, Somnalius Plant, Green Stain Cup, Green Stain Shelf, and Bog Beacon **
[indent][/indent]- Lampfungus (Light>ST>Flora>Ambience) at your discretion ***

* If you want, you can add SwampCypress, Snowgum and Ginkgo trees from the stock assets here and there as well. SilgradShingleOak should be the dominant tree type. You can add treestumps from the stock Oblivion assets too, if you like (Static>Landscape).

** The custom flora listed at the start, created by Brillo for his N'Dib Morrowind mod, should be the dominant flora over the stock flora. The stock flora should be used to add variety where needed, but don't go overboard - the custom flora looks much cooler and interesting. Don't tilt the mooncaps, that'll make the faux water effect look weird.

*** Can be combined to a good effect with moth- or firefly cubes (Static>Landscape).

Check out the test cell at the top of the cell list window for a quick view of the assets. You're not supposed to place flora as closely as I did in that cell in the real Deepen Moor though.

[title]Roads[/title]

There are no roads in or out of Deepen Moor. You can make paths or trails within the bog if you like, to make it easier for the player or for NPCs moving about, but no civilized person would have any business in the swamp.

[title]Reference[/title]

Here are a few screenshots showing typical Deepen Moor scenes from our TES3 mod, in case they can inspire.

[Image: th_Deepen_Moor_In_TES3_Scene1.jpg] [Image: th_Deepen_Moor_In_TES3_Scene2.jpg] [Image: th_Deepen_Moor_In_TES3_Scene3.jpg]

Here is the claim map:

[Image: THUMBDeepenMoorFull.png]
(click for a larger image!
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-25-2007, 09:00 AM,

I would like to claim this .
03-25-2007, 11:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
I would like to claim this .

I'm glad to hear that! We'll discuss it in the core and get back to you with our decision shortly.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-29-2007, 01:46 AM,

The core has spoken. Kingevil, may you now steward Deepen Moor. Big Grin

In short: Granted. :check:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. What are your ideas/plans for the region so far?
03-29-2007, 04:20 AM,

Congratz Kingevil

May your Stewardship be long and prosperous

:banana: :bananarock:

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-29-2007, 06:25 PM,

Is there anything I need , I have downloaded the latest private version , but is there anything else ? For examle dwemer models
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM,

As of present, there are almost no dwemer models completed. I don't think deepen moor would really need Dwemer stuff, but in any event, i'm pretty sure there are no exterior dwemer models, and the tileset is being worked on. The entries are in the CS, yes, but the files have not been added yet, because they are not fully functional.

Congrats too!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-30-2007, 12:20 AM,

kingevil: Nope, the mod has everything you need. I mention what assets to use in the original post. If you come up with requests then please let the modellers know (preferrably by starting a thread on the Visual Development board), but please don't let that impede your work.

Personally I think that Deepen Moor should focus on humanoid adversaries, i.e. thieves, smugglers and other neer-do-wells hiding out there that needs to die. Maybe it's a haven for highwaymen, who travel the countryside outside the bog looking for victims and then run back there with their loot. Just some of my ideas though, but yeah, the enemies should be humanoid I think. Smile
Angel mired in filth
03-30-2007, 02:16 PM,

I think I will also add a little tavern around the lake , where the bandits , highway man , skooma traders ( slave traders ?) sell their items because they can't just sell them in the city .
03-30-2007, 10:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
I think I will also add a little tavern around the lake , where the bandits , highway man , skooma traders ( slave traders ?) sell their items because they can't just sell them in the city .

Could you elaborate a little more? It sounds like a good idea, I remember lots of inns in the middle of nowhere in TES: Arena. Perhaps there could be a few small homes, perhaps a small town to go with it? We've got a lot of land, and plenty of room for small towns. Smile What do you think?

Where were you planning on putting the Tavern?