Dialogue: 99.9%
- Written: 99.9%
- Modded: 99.9%
NPCs: 99.9%
Velthas - 100%
Varla Ilnith - 100%
Relvesas Ilnith - 100%
Bandit AI - 100%
Playtesting: 9?.5% (it's hard to tell with playtesting...)
[B]Total: 99.8314%
(my opinion, not an average)

The Story:

When you join, the guildmaster tells you that he has a special assignment for you. Some poor man's gotten himself kidnapped by bandits, who are demanding a ransom from his wife. She can't pay the ridiculous fees of the bandits, and has turned elsewhere for help.

Unfortunately, she can't afford the top-notch assassins of the Morag Tong either. Of course, you aren't a top-notch assassin yet are you? She can pay to have you save her husband.

So you sneak in the fort, and kill off the bandits. Just make sure you don't kill the man you're trying to save.

And, since the guildmaster's so kind, he's offering a bonus if you can kill the bandit leader first.

Also, because the woman who needed her husband saved is poor, your reward will be loot from the fort, and admission into the Morag Tong.

I have rough dialogue done for this, meaning that what i have written in the little notepad document i made isn't exactly what's in the quest. Half the dialogue's just the rules and regulations of the Morag Tong.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-22-2008, 11:00 AM,

Sounds like its going well, need a hand, maybe with some scripting.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
04-22-2008, 03:05 PM,
RE: [Quest] Joining the Morag Tong
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Join the Morag Tong!

Progress:
Locations:40%
- Varla Ilnith's House: 100% and merged
- Bandit Cave: 0%
Scripting: 10%
Dialogue:70%
- Written: 70%
- Modded: 70%
NPCs:96%
Velthas - 100%
Varla Ilnith - 100%
Relvesas Ilnith - 90%

Total:50% (my opinion, not an average)

The Story:

When you join, the guildmaster tells you that he has a special assignment for you. Some poor man's gotten himself kidnapped by bandits, who are demanding a ransom from his wife. She can't pay the ridiculous fees of the bandits, and has turned elsewhere for help.

Unfortunately, she can't afford the top-notch assassins of the Morag Tong either. Of course, you aren't a top-notch assassin yet are you? She can pay to have you save her husband.

So you sneak in the fort, and kill off the bandits. Just make sure you don't kill the man you're trying to save.

And, since the guildmaster's so kind, he's offering a bonus if you can kill the bandit leader first.

Also, because the woman who needed her husband saved is poor, your reward will be loot from the fort, and admission into the Morag Tong.

I have rough dialogue done for this, meaning that what I have written in the little notepad document I made isn't exactly what's in the quest. Half the dialogue's just the rules and regulations of the Morag Tong.

Very well done :check:

One question. How do we know which bandit is the leader, we he/she be obvious or is this by random chance ?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-22-2008, 04:10 PM,

And how could we not see (and not kill in that way) the one we need to rescue, or do we need to take out the other bandits before they kill the man?
Ofcourse you can kill by him diving in front of your weapons or while using a spell with some area, but how else?
Utterly Crazy Writer of Dumac City
04-23-2008, 02:09 AM,

Well, the bandit leader will have his own chamber, so if you can sneak to his chamber, he'll be the only one in there, and you can kill him nice and easy-like (the hard part is getting to him)

And the man you have to save is in a little prison cell, conveniently placed out of the way of harm. All you have to do is kill the bandits, snag the key to the prison off the leader's body, and then walk out - presto! got it. I might also make the man essential
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-23-2008, 05:18 AM,

ah yes that makes sense, and it sounds good too. Though its quite funny too if ya need to do it in time hehe, but thats real hard to script sometimes, and this is funny too(yes killing is funny)
Utterly Crazy Writer of Dumac City
06-20-2008, 06:07 PM,

Alright, work's been progressing fairly steadily, but now i'm going to have to do some script-monkeying.

I need one of those scripts that makes an NPC follow you around, and i certainly don't have the talent to make one from scratch myself.

So does anybody know a good vanilla quest i could rip a script from? Really i need anything where you can give an NPC follow and wait commands, and my memory of OB quests is spotty at best, so i'm not sure of a specific quest i could get it from.

Once that's done, the Morag Tong will be just about ripe for the joining.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-20-2008, 06:44 PM,

The way I did it for one of the Fighters Guild quests was having two AI packages - one for following, and one for waiting. The travel package would have a condition requiring that a script variable on the NPC be equal to 1, whereas the wait package would require it be set to 0. Each time the player gives a different order, the variable would be set, and the NPC would reevaluate his/her package (done through the EVP function).

I'm pretty sure that's how it was done in a few cases in OB too. Have a look at Maglir's packages maybe (the Wood Elf companion in the Fighters Guild).
06-20-2008, 07:53 PM,

Good suggestion. I'll go poke around Maglir. I also remember a Thieves Guild quest which had some following in it.

If i can't figure out how those work (if they're any different from the AI way), using AI should be easy enough. Thanks

[edit] Yeah, they all use AI, and it's pretty simple at that. I might not try to have a wait/follow option, just cause it's easier to have only following.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
06-20-2008, 08:37 PM,

I got a little idea.

Player must kill all the bandits without alarming them except the leader who will force talk to player when he enters the chamber. If player alarms bandit and the bandit gets time to yell to the prison guard, a bandit who guards the kidnapped man tries to kill the prisoner.

My point is that if someone wants to join MT he must act like an assassin and move undetected to be able to join the guild. The prisoner got health of course, if the player accidentaly alarms one of the guards and player gets time to kill the guard near the man and rescue him, and there should be bonus if player doesn't alarm bandits just because it's more assassin-like than speedrunning through the fort and killing anyone in your way.

just my 0.02
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!