Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suran
02-12-2006, 12:10 AM,

By "dock" I meant the stone structure along the lake. I know that there are no boats there, but it always struck me as a nice, Hlallu-style warf. I figured that if Suran was a trading center, grain and other goods must be shipped either by Silt Strider, Guar Cart, or Boat. Since the Silt Strider is in the Red Light District, away from the wealthy area, I figured that the other two options were more prominent. Boats seemed the most efficient, with how large and inter-connected the lake system is, hence the use of the "dock" and the new path up to the storage building.

The arches are excellent news, because that's exactly what I thought they were when I made the drawings. If they'd been walls, it would have been kind of wierd in places.

I'm including two other sketches, hastily done, that show roughly what I have in mind for the new storage building in the hilltop commercial area. The windows especially are just sort of thrown on because it looked too blank, and the entire structure should be refined with the tileset. One sketch shows the view uphill from the "dock." Along the side, you can see the boarded-up Armorer's shop and up the hill, beyond the stairway and the storage building, you can see one of the new guard towers as well. The other sketch is a head-on view of the new building, basically the other side of the wall in the first sketch.
02-12-2006, 01:58 AM,

Thats what I though you meant by dock, but yeah, if you added some stairs and a lower warf (the current one is very high) it would be a excellent dock
02-12-2006, 02:44 AM,

developemen looking good so far...
if you guys want anything posted in concept art... put it in the thread and I will post it up in the 1st post
02-12-2006, 04:41 PM,

The two-tiered dock thing is a great idea. If we got one made, it could also be used by the Balmora group and maybe the Hla Oad, essentially it would be the dock for Hlallu places that have developed beyond the wood-scaffold stuff.

In other news, I'm wondering what to spend my creative time on this afternoon. Am I an adict now?
02-12-2006, 04:43 PM,

Yes, Yes you are. Feel the Power of the Elder Scrolls
02-12-2006, 08:44 PM,

I was looking at the new Hlallu imports from TR's Narsis, and there's a tiny, low-class house thing, probably from one of the slums. What are people's thoughts about sticking two of those between the new Slave Market (4) and the north wall? One could be for the owner of the Slave Market and the other could be for sale, for the PC. I'm also thinking that one of the ghetto buildings needs to have a hidden basement with Cammona Tong activity, perhaps that would be a good way to make the Trader (7) less generic. I mean, there's got to be a reason why that little shop would stay in business when there are nicer businesses and concievably a sparkling new Tradehouse in the wealthier hill area.
02-13-2006, 02:53 AM,

sounds good...

also, may I add... there ARE other House members on Vvardenfell... except that Indoril and Dres aren't making OFFICIAL colonization.... so maybe the slave trader has a supplier from both Telvanni and from Dres... and maybe a small quest would be finding out which one is better to get slaves from... the local guy or the import...?
02-13-2006, 10:17 AM,

Ooh, if he still has a Telvani slaver, what does that mean for the Telvani's alliance with the Betmer? I sense a Telvani quest idea, but I'm not a Telvani person so don't worry about me wanting to jump on that one.
02-14-2006, 12:51 AM,

I think that it would be really neat if we could have a mock-up of Suran like they have of Balmora, just stick in the extra two guard towers and something to approximate the new building, plus the two little row houses and dock addition discussed in the latter parts of the thread. We could then post it on the new Concept Art page and look all professional. Cool
02-14-2006, 04:55 AM,

I'll see what I can come up with, but give me a couple of days to work on it (maybe even a week, got two exams this week).

Your pictures are really blurry, but I'll re-read some of the posts to get a clearer idea of what goes where. I'm much more of a visual thinker, so pictures really help me out more than descriptions. Big Grin
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you