Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suran
02-15-2006, 03:08 AM,

hmmm....
that's ok... because as you may know, there is a new town being built called Nothryon Hold... like a Suran but to the west near Foyada Mamaea and the Odai R. That town is less into trading by boat like Suran can, but has a few Kwama mines... therefore, what crops cannot fit in the eastern town's granary can go into the western town's
02-15-2006, 03:21 AM,

Confusedhrug: Fine with me. I guess we can hear what Vrenir has to say when he comes online again.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
02-15-2006, 09:32 AM,

Good work, guys, and fast too! Harikari, we can definitely wait for the dock a few days if that's what you need, and is it possible to paste in the doorway between the stairs and the hilltop, or is that something that we don't have the resources for currently? It's kind of a key security measure, preventing the dock from having direct access to the Storage building without authorization.

About the Storage building itself, we might not have the capability until the Hlallu exterior tileset is done, but what if we kept the front of the building as is, but extended the back of it off the cliff and downward, like those houses that look like one story on the front, but are built into a hill so that there's a visible lower layer on the backside? There should be no access on the backside though, since that's the less reputable part of town, but the downstairs could be a large storage basement for grain or whatever.

Also, just for the record, the Tradehouse is not in the Storage building; it is in the former Slave Market which has relocated.
02-15-2006, 05:34 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
Good work, guys, and fast too! Harikari, we can definitely wait for the dock a few days if that's what you need, and is it possible to paste in the doorway between the stairs and the hilltop, or is that something that we don't have the resources for currently? It's kind of a key security measure, preventing the dock from having direct access to the Storage building without authorization.

About the Storage building itself, we might not have the capability until the Hlaalu exterior tileset is done, but what if we kept the front of the building as is, but extended the back of it off the cliff and downward, like those houses that look like one story on the front, but are built into a hill so that there's a visible lower layer on the backside? There should be no access on the backside though, since that's the less reputable part of town, but the downstairs could be a large storage basement for grain or whatever.

Also, just for the record, the Tradehouse is not in the Storage building; it is in the former Slave Market which has relocated.
:goodjob: I'll see what I can do, but probably not until this wekkend or so.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
02-18-2006, 04:32 AM,

Ok, heres a rough idea. I literally just tossed it together since its just a guide, prepare for clipping problems Big Grin It doesnt have alot of detail, just a draft
02-18-2006, 08:47 AM,

I kind of like it, but it seems like it might be a little much. Perhaps if we took out the large, sticking-out dock pieces. I'm not sure about the huge sea-walls either, because while Suran is important, it's not exactly in enemy teritory and I'm not certain that it warrents that kind of investment. The stairs in this one are cooler, and the lower dock tier is good. I'd really love the guard tower on the dock except for the fact that there's aother one right next to it out of frame near the Silt Strider. If we keep a form of the sea-walls, I want to retain the little buildings down on the side, maybe join them together and that can be our grainery. The new building up top (where did it go in this shot by the way?) could then serve as perhaps a sort of office and perhaps a store for really expensive goods only.

I'd really like some thoughts from others about the sea-walls. KuKulzA? Ixildor? Harikari?
02-18-2006, 04:42 PM,

Give me a brief sketch (use paint and make squares and lines if you want) of what you want, cause Im not that good at understanding people architecturally Big Grin

I put the seawalls because of the bit about you wanting the dock restricted, I could lessen the walls to a cheap, wooden, barrier.

If you need something done, just tell me
02-18-2006, 06:19 PM,

Alrighty then. Here is an "annotated" version of Ixildor's earlier rendition. Green dots signify new walls and buildings (two guard towers and the storage center). Blue lines box in new buildings that didn't make it into the first rendering but should be added before we consider the concept "finalized" (extension to the storage center and two small Hlallu-style row houses of some sort - the wall can be moved back to acomodate the houses). Black lines indicate things that are still to be added such as the dock addition, two little sets of steps going from the upper existing dock to the lower real dock, a final wall addition, and the main stairway from the docks to the storage center (I really like Harikari's rendition of those stairs by the way; exactly what I had in mind). The black circle indicates a doorway that must be put into the wall at that point. Finally, the red lines indicate the old stairway that is being replaced and thus should not be retained in the new draft. I did like having a little building or two by the docks, but I'm leaving that off for now. When we're actually working with the TESIV models, we may put one in or a little vendor tent, definitely some barrels or boxes on the dock between the steps.
02-18-2006, 07:10 PM,

Okay, here you go, I think I understood the idea with two stairs and a grain house
02-18-2006, 08:43 PM,

Alright guys, hopefully this will be the last draft on the TESIII engine. Then we can move on to NPC concepts and minor quest ideas, fun stuff like that. Anyway, here's the final set of revisions, sort of a combo-thing. First, Harikari, I love the door leading into the storage building and the way that it adjoins another building which will probably be combined with it in the TESIV rendition. While I originally planned to have the building under the storage place be a basement/extension, I like how the current thing looks so much that I think we should turn it into a shop or home instead. The dock looks absolutely perfect.

Changes though. We need a small building where the blue rectangle is that can later be turned into a low-budget Hlallu duplex once we have the TESIV tile-set. I also want to cut out the stairway marked in red and fill in the wall where it joined with the upper level. The basic reason for this is that the other stairway serves the purpose perfectly and there's no need for this one.

Those are all my thoughts though. It's looking good. Thanks so much for helping create this. Let's get some nice beauty shots and a good overhead with the final draft so that we can post them on the Concept Art site.