Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suran
02-20-2006, 12:18 AM,

I don't think so. The [STRIKE]Arcadian Isles[/STRIKE] Ascadian Isles are an agricultural area, and if [STRIKE]Hlallu[/STRIKE] Hlaalu was going to locate their treasure in Suran, it would be reason to invest in the city, which they haven't for the reasons in my post above. No, I believe the [STRIKE]Hlallu[/STRIKE] Hlaalu treasure vaults are in Vivec and maybe the manor district of Balmora. Suran is a farming and trading post and little more, except for the Cammona Tong hide-out and the Redoran raiding parties (hopefully) and the slave-hunters and political intrigue and of course that den of corruption the House of Earthly Delights. I think we can make it work as is. Thanks for the thought though.
02-20-2006, 01:20 AM,

i agree, the purpose of suran is simple, a trading post and agricultural center as well as just a hlaalu holding in the east. oh don't forget the grit Wink
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
03-04-2006, 02:37 AM,

[BUMP] How're things going on the NPC list, Harikari? I've got a paper to write tomorrow, but after that I have a week of break and could probably mess around with character changes and basic dialogue ideas if I can have access by then. Thanks.
03-04-2006, 02:56 AM,

K since it wont be the treasury how about the Barn TOwn? K say they collect all the foods from local farms and plantations and send them to one of the warehouses in suran? You could see npcs loading crates leaving caravans to balmora odai plateau hla oad and what not.

Just a thought Big GrinSmileBig GrinSad
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-04-2006, 03:10 AM,

Terribly sorry Vrenir, I forgot about the Suran list! I have about 1/2 of it done. Ill work on it soon though, Im just trying to finish my silgrad addon since the tides of Oblivion are about to be unleashed Big Grin
03-04-2006, 03:15 AM,

I do see a lot of caravan traffic, Ebony, if it turns out that we implement it as we hope. My personal plan is to leave that open, have inns and such and room to have guars and such parked somewhere, either at a few posts in the plaza or outside the gate. That way, if it doesn't turn out that we have caravans, the work that's been done won't need to be redone, and if we do have then, there should be room to add them.

Also, Harikari. I completely understand. Thanks for putting forth the effort, and I'll anxiously await the results whenever they do come. It would be really nice if you could get them to me sometime in the first half of next week, but I do know that other sub-projects also need attention.
03-04-2006, 05:45 AM,

Thank you for understanding
03-06-2006, 12:44 PM,

I know this has been shot down pretty much, but IF we do decide to maybe expand Suran a little (because I'd like to think it might have grown a LITTLE in 6 years even with Balmora growing a lot), I think the New Suran mod would be a GREAT reference on HOW to do so. It has the town expanding out along the northern path, so that the town ends up cradling the Silt Strider port. Here is a pic: http://morrowind-mods.org/main/modules/D...ranmap.jpg
Just thought I'd throw that out there...

I'd also like to make a request for us to include The Salty Goblin (part of my idea for paying homage to great old Morrowind mods)... for me, Suran just isn't Suran without it. For those of you who aren't familar with it, it's a really awesome little trashy pub, ran by an ogrim, right next to where you're wanting the docks to be.
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org
03-06-2006, 02:32 PM,

what, then, became of the House of Earthly Delights?

and i really like the idea of expandign suran that way, it is in fact the only place TO expand it, really. I once had an idea of expanding across the river by having a big bridge (vivec style) behind the guard tower and moving the tower slighty north, you know, almost like a mini-Balmora :yes:
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
03-06-2006, 03:43 PM,

Nothing happened to the House of Earthly Delights... The Salty Goblin was on the OTHER side of the docks, and it was set out a little bit on an extended piece of grounding coming away from the town, with a rickity old dock going around it.
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org