Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suran
03-06-2006, 11:34 PM,

Not too close to being complete
03-06-2006, 11:38 PM,

No Thieves in Suran. The reason being that the Cammona Tong have taken over again, at least in the ghetto area. There is a CT hideout underneath the pawn shop (the place beside the stairway up from the dock area and across from the armorer).

If you look at our incredibly-nice concept mock-up (link in this thread and under Suran on the new website's concept section), you will notice that we've already added a large grainery/storage building with a stairway down to an expanded dock area that would accomodate small, lake-level trading ships. We've also added two more guard towers and a building across from the HOED, which I intend to turn into the two-story apartment house (one room will be player-purchasable). The only thing that isn't really shown on the mock-up is that the armorer's place has been shut down after a recent fire and the owner is now operating out of the new tradehouse (what used to be the slave market - the slave market is now located in the old shop across from the HOED).
03-07-2006, 12:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by batman
well we'd be using Ooms tileset, so that's alright, but I don't think Vrenir wanted to expand Suran much at all...
well the way we are expanding cities is logically.... if Suran is a small agricultural and trading town... you don't expect a bunch of forts to pop up... but if it was a place like Balmora, regional trade center... perhaps you would....
03-07-2006, 12:44 AM,

Thanks for the start, Harikari. I look forward to the next installment.
03-07-2006, 12:44 AM,

i gotcha Kukluza :goodjob:

Vrenir explained it (for me) best:

Quote:I definately prefer to keep that on the small side, just because I like the idea of Suran as the neglected Hlaalu settlement that suffered from being in the shadow of Balmora. All the rich, wealthy merchants go there, and Suran is left with small-time dealers, low-lifes, and that rich guy that lives on the hill.
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
03-07-2006, 12:46 AM,

I gotcha Kukluza :goodjob:

Vrenir explained (for me) it best:

Quote:I definately prefer to keep that on the small side, just because I like the idea of Suran as the neglected Hlaalu settlement that suffered from being in the shadow of Balmora. All the rich, wealthy merchants go there, and Suran is left with small-time dealers, low-lifes, and that rich guy that lives on the hill.
although two orcs and one Dunmer trader are relatively well off... orc or glass armor, dreugh... a glass dagger, etc.
it seems that Suran isn't necessarily poor, but the mercantile potential untapped...
03-07-2006, 12:50 AM,

yup, there has been growth, just not on the level Balmora...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
03-07-2006, 12:52 AM,

yup, there has been growth, just not on the level Balmora...
yeah... but with little funding and little attention, Suran grows slower and less noticeably....
i think that is what Vrenir means, right?
03-07-2006, 12:52 AM,

And it's not definite that those luxuries were owned by permanent residents, or that those residents are even still around. There are also really poor people who own fancy cars so that they can drive in style to food banks (yeah, I've met them). The NPCs in question could also be hired hands of the Hlallu authorities.
03-07-2006, 01:17 AM,

well i would think the orcs own their own armor, but that IS what they are known for, good armor