Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suran
03-06-2006, 03:47 PM,

i just meant that the HOED was (in my opinion) the resident rat-hole of suran, thats all...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
03-06-2006, 04:39 PM,

nah... the HoED might be a little sleazy, but the Salty Goblin, now THAT is a rat hole... I mean come on... one is run by a beautiful woman... the other is run by a big fat stinking Ogrim... no big deal though... I mean it can always be added if we want as an afterthought when we're finished with everything else anyway.
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org
03-06-2006, 07:21 PM,

Can you post an overhead showing the location and layout of the Salty Gobblin since I have never seen it and cannot currently run TESIII? As far as the other, I kind of like how our Suran currently looks, but the New Suran map isn't bad at all. Should we decide that it needs further expansion, that would be the way I would want to do it, with slight modifications. I say we worry about that later though.

How're the projects going, Harikari? I'm on break now for a week, and even your partial NPC list could get me started. Thanks.
03-06-2006, 08:44 PM,

Okay, Ill send the partial.

by the way, my addons almost done, its quite grand, so download the final release of silgrad and go west
03-06-2006, 10:48 PM,

Here: http://www.morrowind-mods.org/suran/ - pictures of my ideal Suran... the first 4 show the position and appearance of The Salty Goblin, while the last 2 just give more of an idea of how the expansion looks in the New Suran mod (the new docks and ship are also part of it). Try not to mind my insane Hlaalu texturing. Smile
- Brett the Cryonaut
- & -
03-06-2006, 10:58 PM,

its up to Vrenir....
location-wise, I'm fine with it....

just that Hlaalu tileset and the purple strider... ugh... takes away from the down-to-earth rustic, adobe pueblo, brown-orange land insect feel... makes it seem like a unique Cyrodiilic town... maybe its just me...
03-06-2006, 11:01 PM,

well we'd be using Ooms tileset, so that's alright, but i don't think Vrenir wanted to expand Suran much at all...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
03-06-2006, 11:22 PM,

the textures are not the point of my screens. the point was just to show the location of the pub and give a better look into how the New Suran mod expanded the town and added it's docks, just for inspiration in case you guys do decide to expand the town.
- Brett the Cryonaut
- & -
03-06-2006, 11:22 PM,

Alright, after looking at the picts and the updates to the Hlallu tileset, these are my thoughts:

Regarding the Salty Gobblin. 1) I definitely have no problem adding in a really seedy tavern, though I'm not certain about the location. 2) The look of it in the original mod does not fit the atmosphere of Suran, so if we did include it, I would definitely want to change it to a more cohesive style of architecture. 3) You said that it was run by an Ogrim. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't an Ogrim a type of Daedra? If so, what in the world is he doing running a tavern?

Regarding the Expansion of Suran. 1) I definately prefer to keep that on the small side, just because I like the idea of Suran as the neglected Hlallu settlement that suffered from being in the shadow of Balmora. All the rich, wealthy merchants go there, and Suran is left with small-time dealers, low-lifes, and that rich guy that lives on the hill. 2) The new additions to the tileset and the walkway idea is appealing. I don't think that Suran is big enough to warrent a ton of overhead walkways, but when we build it, I'd love to see the east side of the ghetto area turned into a single row-house, with appartments on the upper level. That could be kind of distinctive and cool in a sort of run-down way. [Don't worry, I don't think that the concept needs to be updated.]

Anyway, that's my stance for now.
03-06-2006, 11:31 PM,

Sounds fine to me on all accounts... Maybe as far as the small abount of expansion goes, we could add either 2 or 3 new hosues, or maybe sme type of rundown ghetto apartment complex with multiple people living in it? I also think it would be cool to have some thieves guild activity - maybe their abse of operations could be in the basement of the new seedy pub?

And yep... The Ogrim is a daedra... I think he got tired of being an evil pawn of Oblivion and decided he wanted to just be a regular joe and open up a pub, hehe... there was all sorts of strange little qirks like that in the mod... but if you don't wanna have a pub run by a daedra we could always just do some big tubby bald guy...... like a tubby old bald Nord?
- Brett the Cryonaut
- & -