Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple and 6th House issues
06-13-2006, 08:25 PM,
Temple and 6th House issues
the main problem is this...
we want to find a way for a player to be in either Temple or 6th House, and yet still function in the world fine.

Why? Because joining 6th House shuts you off from all other factions save Cammona Tong, as well as branding you as the evil guy. Joining Temple shuts you off from SOME aspects like Imperial stuff, and being in an illegal faction is not allowed either.
Therefore, these two limit your choices, so we need to find ways to make them more open.

It seems as though only a catastrophic event can get the two and Morrowind in general to reconcile.

what is our catastrophic event?

the Oblivion?
No, Redoran and Telvanni are taking care of that, barely.. and that's what Cyrodiil is about
Invading Nords?
No, mainland Redoran, as well as Dunmer in northern Vvardenfell are taking care of that...
post-Great House War?
No, not catastrophic enough for all the Dunmer come together, they are too proud, especially after war
the Akaviri?
No, not enough lore on the subject, although doing so WOULD WORK
another Province invading?
Nords from Skyrim invade as do Argonians, but none on such a large scale and directly affecting Vvardenfell

if we are going to solve this Temple-6th House issue, we need to think of something that will be:
1. original and creative
2. close to Vvardenfell events
3. have enough lore

any ideas?
06-13-2006, 08:32 PM,

Mass uprising of dwemer machinations, terrorizing towns an dthe like? and no one knows why?
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-13-2006, 08:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
Mass uprising of dwemer machinations, terrorizing towns an dthe like? and no one knows why?
Dwemer machines aren't THAT complex.
06-13-2006, 08:37 PM,

The ones we have seen arn't. Or perhaps the ashlanders don't like the ashlands anymore?jk
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
06-13-2006, 08:43 PM,

really guys, put deep thought into it...
GIVEN:
- all Vvardenfell Factions, save the Temple, are exhausted by the War
- 6th House is rising again in another incarnation, this time no Dagoth Ur and less emphasis on his legacy
- Temple is reforming to meet the new times and help the war-torn Morrowind

given all those, and the need to be relatively good on lore, staying true to Vvardenfell, and being creative...
06-15-2006, 04:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
- Temple is reforming to meet the new times and help the war-torn Morrowind
I doubt Vivec will really follow through on that.

We should use the Trial of Vivec as the conclusion to the Temple main quest. Read my reply in "Vvardenfell's Main Quest".
06-15-2006, 05:10 PM,

You already know my opinion KuKulza, and to repeat it:

What if, someone high and powerful (dren?) decides that he wants to rule the 6th house, but obviously a guy that wants power in the real life would have problems with ?verybody, because everybody is against the 6th House. So this dunmer decides to gather all the parts of the 6th House that are sympathetic to him, and he organises a 'crusade' towards Fyr. Meanwhile he informs Telvanni about the attack and an ambush is laid. From the ashes of the 6th House then comes this new house: trading/warfare with the absolute support of Telvanni, Redoran and Hlaalu while Dres and Indoril(including Helseth) are still very hostile to this new house.
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-15-2006, 05:13 PM,

Meh... too simple of a "solution" for such a "demonized" House. And that kind of power corruption isn't the Sixth House, it's Hlaalu.
06-15-2006, 05:18 PM,

I may not be as familiar to some of the other decisions that have been made over here, but if you are having trouble finding ways to make these factions playable but non restrictive, may I suggest that your membership be secretive? It always bothered me that whenever you were a member of a faction, everyone automatically knew it. Even if its' a secretive one like the theves guild or DB! Its not like anyone has gone and announced it to the world. (and gaining infamy for DB quests when you DONT get caught is plain stupid, but now im just ranting Big Grin)

Anyway... my point is that if people don't know your a member it doesn't matter if their relations with other factions are terrible. In fact, the faction(s) that you are secret member(s) of could send you off on "infiltration" quests, mighty interesting....
06-15-2006, 08:53 PM,

problem is sometimes you fight with "good guys" and you really can't remain a secret...
plus when there is an uprising, and you are a 6th House member, you don't care if you are known, you want to fight and kill and revolt... and survive...

Cuthalion...
now while it certainly isn't impossible.... if Orvas Dren wants to make a new path for the 6th House...
he could definitely convince SOME Hlaalu nobles tightly under his control and eliminate or capture the others, hire (with his vast funds) mercenaries or ashlanders to block off the Grazeland-Molag Amur border while he gets people through and hits Tel Fyr. Having Divayth Fyr hostage would be a great boon for him and most Telvanni who totally revere him would be in a tough situation. Then he could martial most of his manpower and Dagoth supporters to hit Ald-ruhn, hard and fast and take out the re-fortifications (after the Daedra attack) and the Council of the Redoran before more troops can come in from Maar Gan and Bal Isra....
it certainly is a very tough sort of thing to do.... not only that, but it is a huge fabrication....
but don;t worry, it is not a bad idea, though would need reshaping... I'll keep it in mind