Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tes V
04-07-2007, 02:34 AM,
Tes V
Do you think we will se a better TES like Morrowind or Daggerfall. Or do you think the TES will be dimished again say limiting skills to combat magic stealth, 3 factions mages,fighters,thieves? These are just some of the ideas I can think of at the moment. Or do you think now that beth developed better AI that it will be easier for them to make a better game?
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-07-2007, 02:39 AM,

Morrowind AI wasn't great but Morrowind is such an awesome game, oblivion had pretty good AI in general... but its only a good game, not THAT good... Morrowind with all the GOOD things about Oblivion (fighting, graphics, AI, etc.) would be very very very worth it, and very very very good... good as in good, not great but with shortfalls

thats my thoughts... I hope Bethesda makes a good game after Oblivion...
but I don't think they will, I think TES series will get more and more mainstream and less detailed, less lore, and have less and less depth...
Morrowind had depth... which made up for all its shortcomings...
Oblivion didn't have as much depth or it was obscured, and that made it less good
04-07-2007, 02:44 AM,

Couldnt it also be easier? Since with the arrival of more advanced and faster technology
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
04-07-2007, 02:51 AM,

No, I think it will be better. With Shivering Isles they made a place better than Cyrodiilx2.

With the better technology, development is speeded up greatly. The region generator feature alone would save the devs months of hand placing, less realistic looking scenery. The new quest system is much more efficient and a new quest can be made in a matter of minutes.

They will probably do more lore if it is an old region, as there is more to know about those areas, but if they do regions like Black Marsh, there may not be as much lore simply because not so much exists there. That is why the games make new lore for these kinds of places.
Lol what?
04-07-2007, 02:54 AM,

it would be an honor if the Beyond Cyrodiil projects were completed before TESV started... and they followed the new lore we set... but i really doubt that'll happen... it never has and probably won't...
04-07-2007, 03:22 AM,

Beth Dev 1: Hey, have you seen these mods that these "Beyond Cyrodiil" folks made?
Beth Dev 2: Yes, the only thing anyone talks about on the forums is how much better than Oblivion they are...
Beth Dev 1: Man, look at all these models, and the lore, it's amazing!
Beth Dev 2: Yeah, maybe we can base our next game off of these mods!
Beth Dev 1: Or, we can use their assets, edit them a bit, and call them ours, then steal their lore and make a new MQ off of it!
Beth Dev 2: But that's kinda evil, and probably illegal.
Beth Dev 1: But this is Bethesda!
Beth Dev 2: Still, it just doesn't seem right...
Beth Dev 1: Nonsense! We're the only ones who protect and forbid the use of our assets, it's fine.
Beth Dev 2: I don't know, someone is bound to notice.
Beth Dev 1: Nope, I don't think it will be a problem. Now what game are we doing?
Beth Dev 2: No one knows yet, they were supposed to announce it today.
Beth Dev 1: Well, let's just wait then. In the meantime, let's glorify ourselves on the forums.
Beth Admin: Hey guys, we've just received word on the next Elder Scrolls game. It's going to be Elder Scrolls V: Summerset!
Beth Dev 1: [whisper] Hey, did they make a Summerset project?
Beth Dev 2: [whisper] No. One kid was going to, but he was shot down after many attempts.
Beth Dev 1: &$#@!!!!!
Beth Admin: Alright then, here is a list of 10,000 models we need made for the game. Get on it so we can release it quickly. We're making drastic lore and gameplay cuts, so it should go smoothly.
*CRASH!* (Beth Dev 1 jumps from window)
Beth Admin: Well, that was unfortunate. Seems you're on your own for this one.
*CRASH!* (Beth Dev 2 jumps from window)
(Beth Admin uses the intercom thingie)
Beth Admin: Nancy, send Creature Development down to the parking lot, we have two undead samples for them to study. And also get a help wanted on the site for Architecture Development. The Current Development retired today.
Lol what?
04-07-2007, 03:26 AM,

:lmao:
04-07-2007, 03:58 AM,

:lol: :lmao:

Tess V will have less skills, monsters/creatures, magic, armor/weapons... and... uhhhmm... more elf races :yes:
Akavir mod leader.
04-07-2007, 05:00 AM,

Hate Elfs
04-07-2007, 06:48 AM,

The elves are on the rise!

Say Hello to:
Aldmer
Chimer
Atmorans
Falmer
Ayleids
Maormer
Ehlnofey (I think they're elves)
Dwemer

Then the devs will be like:
"Meh, no one really likes the beast races anyways, they can be cut out of the picture."
"How will we do that?"
"Just say they all caught the bird flu or something and blame it on someone."

Then you can line up all the elves and make a rainbow! Yaaaaay! It's going to be one big set of multicolored people with no lore as to why the extinct elves are there besides that they invented a time machine, got two elves of each race of different genders, stuck them on a boat for a few months, tossed away all the defects, and let them run around in the general populace as if nothing happened.

If I'm not making sense anymore it's because it's almost 3 a.m. here, I'm tired, and I'm going to bed.
Lol what?