Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the new armor/weapons
11-13-2005, 01:58 PM,

join the Indoril House you will get one free!
join Ordinators you will not necessarily get Indoril as equiptment. Actually, Ordinators don't need to be Indoril, just most are. Therefore, you can't wear it unless you are House Indoril... but I think we should have an official Ordinator Armor, that way you can look cool, be an Ordinator, and not be in Indoril.
11-13-2005, 08:31 PM,

If Indoril remains as powerfull as it was in Morrowind, don't you think that just giving it would unbalance the game?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
11-13-2005, 09:01 PM,

well, once you are high ranking I meant... you don't get one just for joining.... plus House Indoril is still semi-strong... but Hlaalu are growing stronger.... although that's cause the Legions are supporting them...
11-13-2005, 10:02 PM,

Regarding armor, Indoril is still stronger than Bonemold?
11-14-2005, 01:15 AM,

yeah yeah :yes:
most likely... its not gonna be weaker
11-14-2005, 02:59 PM,

Still, Indoril seems a lot more ornate and valuable.
11-14-2005, 07:49 PM,

yes it is, infact, Indoril armor is... well not really Indoril... lemme clarify...
(from the ElderScrolls Website)
Quote:Indoril armor is the ornate heavy armor style worn by Ordinators, a military order of knights in service of the Tribunal Temple. Gold leaf details the pauldrons, bracers, and helm of this insect-shell laminate armor. So many Ordinators come from House Indoril that the armor style is known as 'Indoril' armor, though knights of all Great Houses may serve as Ordinators.

so it really is Ordinator armor.

However, since that stuff has its roots in Indoril (all Tribunes had to do with Indoril, Indoril are most participant in priesthood, most ordinators are Indoril, Indoril is the capitol and also theological center, etc.) ....I'm not surprised that Indoril style is so similar to the Ordinator armor....
[Image: mw_04B.jpg]
[Image: mw_02CB.jpg]

however, you can still see subtle differences... the true Indoril pauldrons point down, the chrest is also bigger and the armor is lighter, more like other bonemolds. The Indoril armor is more traditional, and apparently this warrior either has cloth over it or doesn't even have all the armory... traditionally like the warriors of Dunmer, traditional, stylized, and sometimes apparently ill equipted when it comes to gear...

Ordinators are better armed and since after awhile the Morag Tong offered mini-House War services, open war was less and the only warfare was mostly Ordinators against heretics, Daedra, foreigners, blight armies, etc.

EDIT: I say were should split up to stop the confusion...
for the temple warriors:
Ordinator & High Ordinator armor
for the Great House warriors:
Indoril Bonemold armor

granted they look similar... but maybe we can make Indoril look different.. but it still should and will look similar to Ordinator... which probably looks similar.. if you notice Almalexia's pauldrons looked like old Ordinator pauldrons... ...yeah Almalexia.. she had nice tatoos, they'd probably look good on my girlfriend... Big Grin
11-14-2005, 07:54 PM,

It relies heavily on clothes. What class will it be, heavy or light?
P.S.
It would be great if Oblivion could simulate real clothing movements. =)
11-14-2005, 08:00 PM,

lets see...
my guess is that Dunmer military isn't very organized... each individual warrior was pretty good... but they didn't fight that well as a group...
now the Dwemer were heavily armed and trained for formations and group combat... o well, who cares, they disappeared Big Grin

but I can imagine soldiers possessing a few parts of bonemold, and then covering the rest up with netch/chitin/ or padded cloth... most Dunmer aren't rich... the nobles will probably afford a full bonemold armor suit... and even wealthier might get ebony, or glass, etc.

yea, I think clothing has been done better in TES4, we'll just wait and see :yes:
11-14-2005, 08:03 PM,

If you look down on how easily you could obtain Bonemold or even better armor in Morrowind, you wonder how come none of the commoners did that as well?