Poll: Which city should be the Redoran capital?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Blacklight
0%
0 0%
Kragenmoor
0%
0 0%
Other (Explain)
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Capital of House Redoran
01-13-2007, 09:58 PM,

don't forget... Hlaalu is spreading... it used to be the smallest most pitiful Great House... used to be just around Narsis
but it had expanded, committed coups on Indoril, gotten rich from Imperials, taken the western Deshaan Plain, the spoils of war on the shocked Redoran, indoril, and Dres who were unprepared, and the suicidal Indoril honor-bound nobles...

the Hlaalu were the ptiful and sneaky underdogs, and they rose to extreme prominence in a flash, going all the way up to Ra'athrim Ebonheart which is now politically connected to them

Redoran may very well have ruled the city of Kragenmoore... Indoril was the biggest House, they might've ruled ALL of the Deshaan before... when you consider that Ebonheart and Mournhold were sister-cities, their political ties were much stronger which indicates they were probably within the same social organization - Great House Indoril...
01-14-2007, 12:22 AM,

"Caius Cosades' Letter" is an article in the Obscure Texts section of The Imperial Library. As the description on that page says, "Unofficial lore documents gathered from forums.". I.e. that article was written by a fan.

I just wanted to say that before I 'fess up - I never paid any attention to the colors of the city dots on that concept map before :O In light of that I have to abandon my stance that Soluthis should be the Redoran capital. Blacklight has to be, at least on the TES4 side of things. Or Ald'ruhn, but then again Ald'ruhn was so small in TES3 that it sure doesn't feel like a capital (on par with Vivec for instance).

I'll nix the West Manors district in Soluthis to reflect the change. I'll still keep Areya's manor - I have such a personal affinity for both the character and the house model that I want to go that extra distance to carry it through - but there won't be a semisphere of outlying manors. If anyone's worried then don't be, that neighbourhood was a bitch to detail and I'm only happy to contract it's expanse by a big portion.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-14-2007, 12:58 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
"Caius Cosades' Letter" is an article in the Obscure Texts section of The Imperial Library. As the description on that page says, "Unofficial lore documents gathered from forums.". I.e. that article was written by a fan.

No, the articles were mostly (if not all) written by MK and other devs (read the descriptions of the texts), as well as those other letters to the Elder Council. TIL doesn't take lore written by fans. And most of the TES community accepts them as established lore.
01-14-2007, 01:28 AM,

hmm

so should Blacklight be rethought?
I think it would be very very bad if the Redoran capitol looked as it did in TES3's Blacklight...

I mean... in TES3 it was imperial... not an Imperial fort but totally imperial... through and through
01-14-2007, 02:03 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
hmm

so should Blacklight be rethought?
I think it would be very very bad if the Redoran capitol looked as it did in TES3's Blacklight...

I mean... in TES3 it was imperial... not an Imperial fort but totally imperial... through and through

Well, there could be the Blacklight council buildings and the city itself, built just a little from the real Blacklight.

For all we know, the capital could be just a set of council buildings enclosed in a heavily fortified fortress. Blacklight City doesn't have to be the real Blacklight capital. Besides, I liked the appearance of the TES3 Blacklight. Wink
01-14-2007, 02:06 AM,

I liked the look of TES3 Blacklight...

but if thats the Redoran capitol... then I'm a bit confused how it can remain the capitol... I don't think the Redoran would tolerate it... if it was their capitol but destroyed and had an Imperial city on its ruins, they'd make a new city just so they don't have to have their capitol be Imperial and under Imperial control
01-14-2007, 04:55 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon

No, the articles were mostly (if not all) written by MK and other devs (read the descriptions of the texts), as well as those other letters to the Elder Council. TIL doesn't take lore written by fans. And most of the TES community accepts them as established lore.

They have a section for Fan written pieces, it's called the Schollars Guild.
01-14-2007, 05:19 AM,

MK is a fan these days Wink

Regardless of my conclusion, which may have been inaccurate, the word I wanted to underline was unofficial. If we started paying attention to 'unofficial lore' we'd be in deep waters... just think of the fanfics written on the ESF lore board, they were like 60 pages of forum posts long and former devs posted to them regularly (or so I was informed). I shudder at the prospect of having to read them much less remember everything they said.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-14-2007, 05:26 AM,

Regardless of my conclusion, which may have been inaccurate, the word I wanted to underline was unofficial. If we started paying attention to 'unofficial lore' we'd be in deep waters... just think of the fanfics written on the ESF lore board, they were like 60 pages of forum posts long and former devs posted to them regularly (or so I was informed). I shudder at the prospect of having to read them much less remember everything they said.

MK was/is a Dev, his word is still made of Gold on the forums, and has more intel than anyone here at the BC/ST, all of those works in the obscure texts section are infact complimentary lore, things that are as cloase as you can get from being official, such as "the Imperial Census of Daedra Lords" which was actually meant to be in the pocket guide but was held back because of the length.
01-14-2007, 05:42 AM,

As far as the Elder Scrolls community is concerned, Dev lore is official lore. Don't look at me, I didn't make up how the world sees things. But the point is, we want to go with dev lore, because if we don't, the community will probably see Silgrad Tower as a non-lore-friendly mod. Dev lore doesn't conflict with anything else as far as I know, and most mods these days go with the unofficial lore. Odds are, if the devs are talking about lore, then they know what they're talking about, and probably will stick to that. We're more likely to be consistent with future lore if we go with dev stuff instead of coming up with something that we have no idea that would conflict with their lore.

TIL probably gets any of the important things we'd need, no need to worry about reading everything.